TNA Impact (Spoiler) Chatter Zone

Will Jones

In a first for me, I actually found something Tommy Dreamer involved in REPULSIVE.

This is not "ONE LAST STAND" for the former ECW alumni.

This is TNA being childish towards the WWE.

The 2005 One Night Stand was old school.

Aside from Angle v Orton, 2006 was excellent. The "If Cena Wins, We Riot" sign in the crowd was superb.

Everything after that was terrible.

Let's look at the TNA version.

1. Rhino has been collecting his wages and nothing much else.

2. Raven is doing this for the paycheck and nothing else. He may get a few extra dates here and there, but I can't see them giving him a contract.

3. Stevie Richards is used when they need him. He hasn't been seen in a while, so this is a payday and a possible chance at more screen time in the future.

4. Mick Foley was "fired" because his contract stated that he could only do so many dates, and he had exceeded these big time. (Flair is in a similar situation at the moment)

5. Tommy Dreamer is now what he always claimed to hate...someone doing it for money and money alone. There is no way he would have left his secure job with the WWE if he didn't have a guaranteed contract with TNA.

At the end of the day, this promo was the wrong choice. Dixie said that she invited Dreamer and Co. Fine, that is a good start. But why go with Dreamer begging her for ONE MORE NIGHT? Just have Dixie say that she thought the way it ended for ECW was wrong and she was giving them one night to say a full and proper goodbye? Fans would have accepted that. It would have been a trip now nostalgia street.

Tommy Dreamer...shame on you.

Have to agree with all of the above.

First two ons's were great and Dreamers farewell to the WWE version if ECW was genuinely touching with his kids and all.

The shameless shilling of Dreamer and co is beyond a joke. Raven is well past his best, Foley has been phoning it in for at least two years, Richards was never that great, Rhino is nothing compared to what he was, ditto the Dudleys. Sandman, Sabu, Balls, Justin Credible etc were past their best five years ago, blah blah blah.

If Heyman gets involved then the legacy of ECW is forever tarnished.

• 2 weeks later...

Definition of shooting yourself in the foot by TNA:

1. Allow an interview to run in a Wrestling Magazine with one of your founding members that clearly shows he is far from happy.

2. Have a brilliant match going with two of the most over talents with the fans, loved by the fans, and respected by the fans, but then announce that there are 30 seconds left in a 10 minute time limit match never announced as a 10 limit time limit match. All this despite one of your founder members asking the time limit announcement not be made. Then, following aforementioned founding member verbally berating the writers, suspend him.

The two founding members are:

1. AJ Styles - magazine interview in Pro Wrestling Illustrated.

2. Samoa Joe - the suspension has not been confirmed, but script rewrites happened and Joe was then not even flown into Orlando.

This reeks of what happened to Kevin Nash months back where his suspension was for verbally going off on one.

Come on TNA. You have senior experienced talent trying to help, but you hire moronic monkeys as writers. You do the math.

• 2 weeks later...

Hardcore Justice more like Hardcore Joke!!

Must say there was not one thing on that PPV that I enjoyed and I am a massive old school ECW fan, I was even at the ECW arena for the first PPV to watch the hardcord legend Terry Funk win the ECW world title.

Now even through I am a fan of the old school I understand things move on, the fact that there was a direct chair shot to the head in this PPV just made me fill sick. In the day maybe, but since the whole Chris Beniot incident and other things this has been a banned move, I dont remember when it was last used in WWE, ROH have come out and said they are going to be banning it so on god earth did Dixie Carter allow it to be done on a TNA PPV!!! I just dont get it!

I also love the fact that on Impact you had hogan on screen saying that they all have to make room for the new guys and clear the path!! (Sting, Nash, Bishoff, Jarrett also standing in the ring), as the guy that is booking the show why not get the hell of the screen to make way for the likes of AJ, Beer Money etc etc etc!!

Just dont get TNA these days what so ever!!

And what ever happened to Joe?? Please leave and go to WWE!

Vince has changed. Whether people like to admit it or not, but he is changing. A year ago no one would have even dreamed of saying that 7 very green rookies will headline main event SummerSlam. Times are changing. Jay Lethal is getting a push. The Guns are finally Tag Champions. Joe should be there, but politics prevent him. Just because he let rip when Russo ordered Borash to call a 30 second time limit countdown in a cracking match vs Jeff Hardy, he is suspended for a month. Joe has a cult following. Heel or Face, he draws. AJ Styles is an absolutely tragic heel. He needs to be a FACE.

TNA has so many potential feuds and storylines that are not being explored. The same can be said for the WWE, but at least they are moving forward. TNA has a chance to move forward, but it is mired in bad mistakes. Hogan and Bischoff have not been the catalyst hoped for. TNA have one way forward, and his name is Paul Heyman.

• 1 month later...

For the love of god, Hogan (on crutches), Bischoff, Hardy, Jarrett and Abyss are the new NWO. Not only is this godamridiculous in 2010 but also flies in the face of the last few months of booking......(Abyss attacking Hardy cause THEY told him too, Bischoff making Jarretts live hell (after Foley convinced him to come back). This is Russo all over and is yet another example of how bad TNA is getting.....dont even get me started on how running the Impact main events into Reaction means we fans in the UK miss the end of matches.

It obviously shows that they needed Hogan to make it work, and had no back up plan. Russo to a t as regards booking, but in some sense it shows that they didn't want to go with the blatantly obvious. They even threw in a few curves with Angle saying that he would retire if he was beaten, and then said if he didn't win, and then back to if he was beaten. With Ken Anderson being pinned, this is the out for Angle as he has just signed a new contract.

It was obvious that it was going to be Hogan and Bischoff as on the live Impact it was Bischoff talking Abyss down very quickly that all but confirmed the turn.

There is also the matches listed for the next PPV which included Abyss v Sting. I say this as the "smoke and mirrors" storyline will now have Pope and Sting as faces (neither turned on the fans..only Hogan and Bishcoff). Nash is finishing up with TNA this week, so you will have Dixie Carter backing Joe, Angle, Anderson, RVD etc.

The potential is there, but I have a feeling that Hardy will keep the title until at least January when his next court hearing is due.

Mind you, the reaction post main event had the desired impact with the rubbish in the ring ala Hollywood Hogan!! I personally never saw Hardy turning, and this is what they wanted I guess.

As regards Impact, that was shocking to cut the main event off. No wonder TNA are up and down with ratings pulling stunts like that. In the States those who TVO'd it would have been well cheesed off.

• 4 weeks later...

Turning Point PPV is looking good.

With Ken Anderson out with a legit concussion, and the way they have used it in the storyline has been great. Matt Morgan is a legit member/supported of the Christopher Nowinski concussion organisation.

There is an obvious Fortune scam with Morgan, but I can't see Fortune or Immortal working as FACES.

I see Douglas Williams turning FACE helping Morgan win the belt. I say this as I do not see Jeff Hardy as a long term Champion. He is a new Dad and facing serious jail time when his court case finally happens. He is due back in a few weeks, so who knows?

• 2 weeks later...

Expect a year long build to Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff leaving TNA at or around Bound For Glory 2011. Dixie's Mum (a stake holder in the parent company of TNA) has ordered cost cutting measures to stem the money flowing out of the company.

Seeing as Hulk & Co have not had the impact hoped for as regards PPV rates and TV viewing figures, this was just a matter of time coming.

• 1 month later...

Due in court to plead guilty through a plea bargain agreement, it is expected that Jeff Hardy will have to spend up to two months in jail for his drug related crimes. In the state he as charged in, there is a mandatory 45 day sentence for any drug offence.

With Genesis on January 9th, expect Hardy to drop the belt prior to his January 20th court appearance.

• 4 months later...

I saw an ep of tna once, every time a hit was about to connect it cut to the crowed, what is tna? wrestling for under 5s? it was pathetically edited for any violence.

every couple of years or so I have a look at the current wrestling on tv but can never get into it, find it boring with dull wrestlers (although the rock was fun before he left for movies) but aside the barely dressed women its pretty rubbish for me.

ill stick with the old school classic era dvds from 80s and early 90s ;-)

I saw an ep of tna once, every time a hit was about to connect it cut to the crowed, what is tna? wrestling for under 5s? it was pathetically edited for any violence.

every couple of years or so I have a look at the current wrestling on tv but can never get into it, find it boring with dull wrestlers (although the rock was fun before he left for movies) but aside the barely dressed women its pretty rubbish for me.

ill stick with the old school classic era dvds from 80s and early 90s ;-)

This depends on the time of day it is broadcast. After 9pm it should not be cut. Before 9pm it will pan away as they do with the WWE where they freeze the shot and you here the connection. It is all about regulations.

• 1 month later...

Becasue Impact Wrestling (formerly TNA Wrestling) is still relatively small, they have a need to drae the fans in as far as possible to build. This is what they do on non televised events such as tours domestic and foreign. I have heard many reports stating how they do meet and greets, backstage passes etc. This is something that won't happen in the WWE as it is too big with shows that have thousands rather than hundreds turn up.

I've seen them Live in Orlando on the 13 November 2005 (Tainted day for all those that remember)

Also seen them over here in the UK.

Very good they do backstage and the wrestlers are friendlier and feel more relaxed as not presured by 'my way'Mcmahon!

Very good they do backstage and the wrestlers are friendlier and feel more relaxed as not presured by 'my way'Mcmahon!

The thing is, TNA/Impact Wrestling talent have to go that extra mile as the pay is shocking and they are a small company. The WWE is a publicly owned massive company.

Matt Hardy has been suspended by Impact Wrestling (TNA) for various reasons.

Abyss and Karen Jarrett have hit back at his tweets regarding refunds for live events he was advertised for.

Is, or should I really say "when", he about to be fired?

• 2 weeks later...