twi/related tattoos

bl00djunkie

ok post em if u have pix

i know we had a thread for this but its not here.

anyone get anything new or are planning

i haven't got any twi tats..ok i have alot of wolfies but had most of em b4 i knew what twilight was.

im thinking of getting

the forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest

as my next one..

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok post em if u have pix

i haven't got any twi tats..ok i have alot of wolfies but had most of em b4 i knew what twilight was.

im thinking of getting

as my next one..

I am planning one this summer. I don't want anything too extreme so mine will be the birthdate of my son, his name and the french quote from the book '' Plus que ma proper vie'' (more than my own life) Fits how I feel about my son and a small dedication to my love of the books and the love story. :blush:

ok post em if u have pix

im thinking of getting

as my next one..

I am planning one this summer. I don't want anything too extreme so mine will be the birthdate of my son, his name and the french quote from the book '' Plus que ma proper vie'' (more than my own life) Fits how I feel about my son and a small dedication to my love of the books and the love story. :blush:

thats nice :D

I want one but it wont be for a very long time yet...ive only been a fan for a year and thats not long enough for something so permanent

That's good thinking. A tattoo should be something that means something because you have it forever. I got my first tattoo after I got divorced, the second when I turned 30, one when I fell in love again, and the next will be for my son. Every important event in my life represented. They are all decent and I really thought about them really hard before I had them done. I am a tattoo junkie and thank God I am a woman or I would have them all over!! LOL

Good luck with your decision. :blush:

Ummm I don't have any tattoos and although I'd like to I'm not sure if I will ever get inked...But if I do, I'd just get more than my own life in Edward's handwriting on my wrist I think, in honour of my nephew. That way, even though the quote came from Twilight it's not a dedication to it and no one would ever really know, so it's not like getting a tattoo for Twilight if that makes sense. I love Twilight, but I know soon enough I won't really dig it that much and even though it's brought me to a lot of great people, I just don't love it enough to get a tattoo in honour of it haha

I have vampire bites on my neck but because I love Vamps in general and I`m a weirdo :poki:

I want to get this (minus the bird) when I can afford it -

lion_and_lamb.jpg

I adore the Lion/Lamb quote! Not because it is from Twilight, Just because ;)

I`m undecided whether to get the tattoo in colour or black & white.

I would also like to get the quote "We deny our addiction and suffer the affliction" again, Because I just really like the quote but can`t imagine where I could put it :/

I am another one thinking of getting More than My own life to represent my 2 middle children as I was stuck on what to get for them - Already have 1 to represent each of my other 2.

I have vampire bites on my neck but because I love Vamps in general and I`m a weirdo :poki:

I want to get this (minus the bird) when I can afford it -

lion_and_lamb.jpg

I adore the Lion/Lamb quote! Not because it is from Twilight, Just because ;)

I`m undecided whether to get the tattoo in colour or black & white.

I would also like to get the quote "We deny our addiction and suffer the affliction" again, Because I just really like the quote but can`t imagine where I could put it :/

I am another one thinking of getting More than My own life to represent my 2 middle children as I was stuck on what to get for them - Already have 1 to represent each of my other 2.

i toyed with the idea of the lion and the lamb but it would have to be pretty big and i dont have to many big spaces left! the lion and the lamb isnt just a twi symbol so it works

same with the quote i want its in twilight but not twilight only

oh vamp bites i wanted them as a kid never did get round to it..also thought about a dotted line saying cut here..lol i think my othr half would leave me!!

Edited by bl00djunkie

I have the eclipse ribbon going around my wrist with my little girls name above nearer my hand , alot of non twilight fans see the ribbon with another meaning so works on both levels :) .. I have a quote on my foot that says " without the dark, we'd never see the stars" :):poki:

ok post em if u have pix

im thinking of getting

as my next one..

I am planning one this summer. I don't want anything too extreme so mine will be the birthdate of my son, his name and the french quote from the book '' Plus que ma proper vie'' (more than my own life) Fits how I feel about my son and a small dedication to my love of the books and the love story. :poki:

Thats what i want done, i love that quote, ive always wanted a quote or life saying, type thing on the bottom of my neck, but never knew what and always changed my mind, untill i read that quote. its so beautiful and can be really personal at the same time.

I've just started a half sleeve - got the outline done at the moment; it has the clock face for NM, the Cullen crest for Twilight, the chess piece (and feathers cos my favourite quote is 'Why am I covered in Feathers' LOL) for BD and the ribbon for Eclipse, which has written on it 'These violent delights have violent ends' (from NM).

i really want to get 'i like the night, without the dark you'd never see the stars' ... i want it in edward's font going around my wrist... it its very me cause im pretty damn nocturnal... if you see me awake during th day it's most likely because i a) havent slept yet or :YAHOO: only slept for an hour or and i have to acually go some where like uni lol.... plus i really like the stars, they are relaxing to look at when the weather is nice. Plus people wouldn't automatically know its a twilight quote :)

Bit of advice from someone with a few tatts myself - Already touched upon by one smart poster earlier :)

If you're planning a tattoo, do NOT get it on impulse.

This will be a permanent marking on your body, so take your time making the decision.

A good rule of thumb is you should pick a design ( Or better yet, DESIGN a design. Remember, anything straight off the shop wall and unmodified is already on someone else's skin )... and if you still like it a year later, then you consider getting it.

I would certainly suggest that folk under about 21 get the design henna'ed first. If you like it after a month or two of it being there temporarily, then chances are a bit better you'll still like it 30 years down the line.

Do your research, as well - Lions lying down with lambs, for example, ain't just a Twilight reference! ( Chinese/Japanese characters are notorious for being mistranslated - Tattoo artists can have an evil sense of humour so they have no qualms about inking "Chicken Fried Rice" on someone who simply likes the look of the letters and doesn't bother doing their preparation correctly before asking to be inked! )

Also - And I am VERY serious with this, even ig you might think I'm being a spoilsport - Do NOT get tattooed if you are under 18.

I was appalled to see that one of you got a tattoo for your 15th birthday!

It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to be tattooed in the UK - If you lied about your age ( Even if you had a parent's permission, which would be highly irresponsible of them ) then you have put the livelihood of your artist at risk, because if caught he could lose his shop and possibly face a hefty fine.

If the artist knew you were underage, then HE is the irresponsible one and he DESERVES to lose his shop.

Also consider this - If he's willing to cut corners to make a fast buck out of children wanting inked, what else is he willing to cut corners on?

When done properly, tattooing is a safe thing to have done.

When done improperly you run the risk of not only bad art, but a more painful process from badly maintained equipment, blurred art, scarring, weeping sores, even hepatitis or death from the likes of HIV.

Assuming you ARE over 18 and HAVE done your homework, you should still choose a good studio.

Cheap generally means Bad.

Make sure that the studio is professionally run - cleaned regularly and tidy.

Nobody should be smoking, and the more the actual parlour resembles a hospital ward or pro kitchen, the better.

Ideally, needles and inkpots should be disposable, and the artist should be wearing gloves. Any surface that you or the artist touches should really be covered in cling-film as well.

If disposable gear is not used, it should all be cleaned in an autoclave.

If you accept anything less, then you really are taking your own life in your hands.

Not really worth it for a design that you like right now because Twilight's fashionable, is it?

OK, grumpy old man act over.

Those of you who do have tatts, let's see more please :)

I do like well-done quote tattoos, and I have to admit that Twilight does have a few alright soundbites that are ripe for the plundering :YAHOO: