24 - Day 8 (UK Pace)

Will Jones

Personally I hope this is the last season as its getting very boring.

Renee is just a rubbish character and the fact jack is putting her ahead of his family is dumb.

Danas story is crap too, that said ill stick with it to the end.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit I just can't take Prince Freddie seriously as a hard man, I was half expecting him to pull the trigger on those two highly camp yet bearded no good street toughs last night and a flag saying 'Bang' to come out the end.

Renee is dull as ditchwater, everytime I see her I just want to slap her round the face, tell her to wash her hair and pull herself together.

The good thing about this season is even if Farhad @My Beautiful Laundrete' Hassan does get chopped, there are still plenty more outlandish haircuts to get through this season!

You know, I was thinking, the whole Dana storyline thing has to lead somewhere surely?

Freddie Jr's got her out of trouble but now he could (if he isn't the loyal CTU agent we are led to believe he is) use it to his advantage, could a new double agent be on the cards?

After all, even if the botched blackmailing didn't take place and he was a double agent, what better way to infiltrate an organisation than get engaged to one of CTU's top experts?

Then again maybe I've just been watching the show too long........

You know, I was thinking, the whole Dana storyline thing has to lead somewhere surely?

Freddie Jr's got her out of trouble but now he could (if he isn't the loyal CTU agent we are led to believe he is) use it to his advantage, could a new double agent be on the cards?

After all, even if the botched blackmailing didn't take place and he was a double agent, what better way to infiltrate an organisation than get engaged to one of CTU's top experts?

Then again maybe I've just been watching the show too long........

Cole Ortiz as a double agent would make his character worthwile. The character is very boring at the moment, and it makes sense for him to clean up a mess that could threaten his position.

I think the Dana storyline is now officially worse than Kim and the Cougar, I thought for a moment it was going to turn into Titanic when that bloke's body was sinking!

Well, his heart defniitely didn't go on!!!

Edited by Vyper Si

I think the Dana storyline is now officially worse than Kim and the Cougar, I thought for a moment it was going to turn into Titanic when that bloke's body was sinking!

Well, his heart defniitely didn't go on!!!

LOL :D

Cole Ortiz as a double agent woudl mke his character worthwile. The character is very boring at the moment, and it makes sense for him to clean up a mess that could threaten his position.

Yes, it's looking more and more likely isnt it.

Yes, it's looking more and more likely isnt it.

But then again, it could be Dana/Jenny is the Double Agent. How do you make your position stronger, but by making someone in power think that they have saved you and that you owe them - as in Cole saving Dana. Also, Cole has now shot someone dead when he coudl have quite easily wounded them and taken them into custody. Has Dana now got him to commit murder and he doesn't know it yet?

Why did Coel give Kevin and his buddy a chance to walk with the money?

There are now many questions from a sub plot that could look as going nowhere.

Also add to the pot that this season has seen a different Jack, and thus a different Day 8 of 24. At every given opportunity he has tried to go tot Los Angeles. It is only now that he ahs made a deal to stay until it is all sorted out do we know that the OLD JACK will make an appearance.

Edited by Vyper Si

I really hope that there is more to this probation officer thing than is initially apparent (I'm assuming there is) otherwise would a national emergency being managed by a government agency really be interupted so the probation service can complete an administrative procedure?!

I agree, surely everyone else watching must be thinking the same thing, maybe the writers anticipated that and they are just letting that storyline go along without any real baring on the main plot lines, just to confuse us or put us off the scent of a surprise.

I did enjoy the shot where you could see the newly 'decorated' inside of the oxygen tank thingy, made me smile, that nipper had it coming to him.

I keep on expecting the series to step up a gear, hope we're not all disapointed.

I loved the line straight after the Frodo terrorist blew himself, Jack said something like "I need a line to the President" (or something like that), which made me think, no you don't dear you need a mop and bucket!

Edited by Count Fooku

Exactly half way through the day at the end of tonights episode.

Last year the mid season climax was the storming of the white house, doubt whether they are going to come up with anything close to that but fingers crossed for a great episode.

I could be be wrong but it seemed to me that when The Bill was shot out those NYPD blokes when escaping from the hotel, there was one guy who got shot but seemed to wait about five seconds before falling down.

The probabtion officer/trailer trash/whatever her name is storyline must now surely be the worst storyline ever in 24, it makes Kim and the Cougar seem like tense well told storytelling! I am sincerely hoping this isn't all building towards Prince Freddie being a double agent who got the bomb deliberately routed to CTU so all the evidence would be wiped!

No, I don't reckon Prince Freddie knew about the bomb in the context of getting the evidence wiped, he's been by Jack's side ever since the probation guy turned up, so figure he wouldn't of been able to contact anyone to set it up.

Expecting the bounty hunter probation officer to of received a unfortunate fatal injury in the bombs aftermath as Dana was seriously looking like a rat in a trap and she was probably going to kill him anyway.

Got to admit, I didn't see the plot twist at the end coming, that said despite all the systems being down, CTU will still be able to work using the glow from the illuminous orange walls.

Has Chloe done anything but frown and pout in the last 12 episodes.

....and in honour of last nights laugh out loud moment, I have a made a note to myself to remember never to try and be a hero and get in a car to reverse it out of harms way when the clock is counting down and already reached 4 seconds, what a muppet!

....and in honour of last nights laugh out loud moment, I have a made a note to myself to remember never to try and be a hero and get in a car to reverse it out of harms way when the clock is counting down and already reached 4 seconds, what a muppet!

It was perhaps the most mind bending piece of over-heroic idiocy since Chase proudly thundered "I'm going dark" and the whole world was embarrased for him!

That Prince Freddie angle wouldn't really make sense but then again this is 24 we are talking about!

Urgh, just because something is a surprise plot turn doesn't mean it's good. I thought Chloe waving a gun about was about as bad as it could get then we get the Walsh nonsense.

Has anyone got the Cougar's agent's number? Might as well get it back for old times sake!

It's a shame this will be the last series because at one time it was unmissable TV but perhaps its for the best that it's being put out of its misery.

This season started poorly, but it was for me picking up but the whole dana storyline has just gotten to be completely......well pathetic.

Blah blah blah a double agent in ctu, not only been done to death but they've given the role to the crappest character in the shows history. Please just end the show now.

I knew the bounty hunter had it coming, didn't expect a jabba the hutt style death tho, all that was missing was the gold bikini (Note to self, stop thinking about Katee in a gold bikini!)

One thing that puzzled me (if you ignore the absurdity of the whole Dana storyline) is why if she's a double agent who is pretty handy at killing, why then if she knew that NYC is going to be nuked didn't she kill laurel and Hardy that were blackmailing her when she was in her apartment. It's not like anyone would notice two dead bodies there after the bomb went off.

Or, why didn't she just ask one of her terrorist buddies to get some target practice (they couldn't hit a barn door for 20 minutes when aiming at Jack and Cole) and despatch the two bungling blackmailers to stop the risk of her cover being blown.

Still, me thinks, Coles going to have a big decision to make between his girlfriwnd (who he murdered for) and country, as the writers will no doubt let him uncover the whole double agent thing at a cruicial moment in a few hours time.

Meanwhile President Hair Bear Hassan is still looking immaculate.

CTU muppet of the week was the guy who didn't listen to Jack and stay 'in formation', we all could see it was going to happen, jack told him not to do something, so of course he did it, and we the audience as one cheered as he got shot by the suddenly accurate terrorists who discovered they can finally target and hit a guy now that our heroes are safely under cover.

Despite all this, i'm still loving it :YAHOO:

Finally President Hassan's hair has started to look a bit messed up! That said I vote he becomes the new lead character in any future continuation of the 24 franchise. The degree of casuality he managed with that off brown wind cheater was something quite special, especially when combined with a hairstyle that could be a threat to low flying aircraft!

This episode was a new low, although it was an enjoyable firefight at the end, the circumstances leading up to it were awful. It seems to me that the writers have really run out of ideas now and it's just limping to a finish. I wonder if that Special Forces team had coilded snake tattoos?!

At least at the end of the series, if she doesn't get caught, Dana could look for work as a low talking ventriloquist.

Edited by Count Fooku

I noticed how Jack has rediscovered that old L.A. knack of being able to get anywhere within 5 minutes, which is all the time it took from getting president Taylor's orders to actually being stood next to Hair Bear Hassan. (wasn't he part of a Foster add campaign a while back, you know the one where the beer stays in the shadows all the time?)

Ethan's had a heart attack because Rob Weiss and his nasty general buddy won't let him leave the room, or has he fallen asleep untill something exciting happens.

At least at the end of the series, if she doesn't get caught, Dana could look for work as a low talking ventriloquist.

:wub: that made me laugh too

The hollywood reporter states:

'As the weeks tick down to the show's final hour, we're promised a strong finish coupled with the current New York-based storyline taking a dark and creatively risky turn for the final episodes'

Maybe the bombs actually going to go off, we need something to happen to rescue the final day, a bit of a major disaster aftermath might fit the bill.

Then again Hassan's hair may simply just go off on a Cloverfield style rampage.....

As Jack would say 'Damnit', we nearly had another increase in the Dana body count last night, but hang on what was Arlo doing in the computer room in the middle of a crisis, another double agent in CTU maybe?

If not, I reckon that Jack's newly discovered terrorist mobile is going to a lead a trail not to Dana but someone else in CTU as that Dana has probably hot wired her mobile to use someone elses ID.

Don't know what impressed me most, Hair Bear Hassan managing to be squeezed into the boot of the car or the fact that the second entrance to the 'facility' was clearly unguarded.

Best part of the episode for me was Chloe's disapproving pout as she watched Jack steal that nice shiny black sportcar....priceless.

I thought this was one of the better episodes of the season so far.

What is most alarming for me though is the way Hassan's hair was bairly ruffled for god knows how many episodes, then in the last two hours he looks like he's been dragged through a hedge backwards! I love the wig on the woman who drove him away, great way to go incognito by wearing the dodgiest wig since Bruce Forsyth!

Best moment in my view was Dana's evilly smug look while the ambush went awry. She may as well have arched an eyebrow and started cackling insanely Dr Evil style!

im watching online was well behind after i started to get bored, caught up until the end of ep 13 i think it was tonight, its started to get good again, but dana a double agent, 1 that makes no sense especially with the silly boyfriends blackmail thing and the call to cole when she was gonna confess to the cop and 2 been there seen that. though she said her instructions were to help them so who is she working for?

the fire fights are good but it is starting to feel like there is nothing new happening. why cant we get back to the thriller type whats going on, protect the presidential candidate show that was series 1? we dont need to save the world every week, all I need is jack kicking ass like rambo lol and ill tune in, I loved that bit with the russians being stabbed and still taking out the trash. but this season far to often has jack been absent from the screen, i do hope this isnt the last series as despite my enjoyment its not the best to go out on even if they do a movie.

love rene and coles characters. and hastings.

I could be be wrong but it seemed to me that when The Bill was shot out those NYPD blokes when escaping from the hotel, there was one guy who got shot but seemed to wait about five seconds before falling down.

The probabtion officer/trailer trash/whatever her name is storyline must now surely be the worst storyline ever in 24, it makes Kim and the Cougar seem like tense well told storytelling! I am sincerely hoping this isn't all building towards Prince Freddie being a double agent who got the bomb deliberately routed to CTU so all the evidence would be wiped!

NOTHING will ever be worse then kim and the couger, though she did try every series to top it lol

NOTHING will ever be worse then kim and the couger, though she did try every series to top it lol

Tho the young ranger blokey who rescued Kim and then tried to keep her inside his nuclear bunker did come pretty close...!

Love to have had some of the stuff the writers were using when they wrote those couple of episodes :smile:

Dana's going to kill again, it's just a matter of who and when.

OMG somehitng big just happened, which means were gonna get jack gunning for revenge, just how I like it, last 6 eps of 24 are gonna be good i feel,

still cant believe this is the last series, i think its a mistake, they should do at least one more then the movie

wither way tony has to return!!!!!