Hilton...Question

lisajb28

Ive not been to Birmingham before, but the London Hilton didnt have a Fridge that you could use. They have a mini bar, but that worked on some kind of trigger, that as soon as an item was removed it was automaticly charged. Im assuming that it would be the same here, i may be mistaken though.

lol we need to have a tuck shop in the vendors room :(

The price of the food in the hotel is hideous, not quite sure how they get away with it to be honest... it's hardly the Ritz Carlton... infact the Ritz Carlton is cheaper in most places!

lol we need to have a tuck shop in the vendors room :(

The price of the food in the hotel is hideous, not quite sure how they get away with it to be honest... it's hardly the Ritz Carlton... infact the Ritz Carlton is cheaper in most places!

I know! I got a coke and it was ridicolously expensive. If he hadn't already poured it out, I'd not have bothered.

lol we need to have a tuck shop in the vendors room :P

I know! I got a coke and it was ridicolously expensive. If he hadn't already poured it out, I'd not have bothered.

You should have told the bar person you didn't want it :) Their problem for charging so much for sugary water lol

About the fridges/mini bars...

Ring up or on the day or arrival ask for the mini bar to be cleared out, that way any trigger charges won't be put on your account. I work in a hotel (of the same standard as the Hilton), so I'll be very surprised if they refuse to do that. Just explain you have items you want to keep in the fridge and don't want to be charged for things you won't be using.

I'll be doing that, cos we are definately stocking up on the snacks! (Poundland anyone? Can't beat your faves for £1!!)

Ice buckets help if not fridge or opt for the pot noodle and snack diet :)

YAY! not just me who's thinkin of a pot noddle and snack diet for the event! certainly cheaper, def as i am buyin them to take to the event and not at it

or do what we did and fill the sink with cold water as we didnt have ice haha although that wasnt the best of idea's!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks! I'm not staying there but I can't see that it will be much more than that. I assumed around £10!

Find out first, cos I heard it was much more expensive if you are not staying at the hotel.

There was food organised by ME up at chevron

Cant remember exactly how much but around £6-7 for hot dog/burger and wedges or meatballs and pasta, that sort of thing.

Expensive, but nowhere near hilton prices

You can also order dominos and have it delivered to the hotel, you meet them in reception, I have promised the boys we will do that at some point