Shy People

JessieBear

Hey,

Ok so I started a thread like this in ET2, because i feel like i haven't really gotten to know anyone at the cons, and I would really like to, and I haven't really even become friends with anyone on the forums... so i was hoping any fellow shy people would like to meet up at sometime on the friday so we could all meet new people?

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I don't think anyone will feel like anyone is ever 'butting in' on conversations on here - the more the merrier usually! :D

The best thing about these events has proven to be the community that has built on here with all the fans, and I think it's great to see so many new friendships form between everyone. I've certainly gained a lot myself too from so many new attendees.

So sometimes it's safe to say the best way to make friends is simply to just get in there and talk :D

It's never too late for that.

I don't think anyone will feel like anyone is ever 'butting in' on conversations on here - the more the merrier usually! :D

The best thing about these events has proven to be the community that has built on here with all the fans, and I think it's great to see so many new friendships form between everyone. I've certainly gained a lot myself too from so many new attendees.

So sometimes it's safe to say the best way to make friends is simply to just get in there and talk :D

It's never too late for that.

I hope so, I always feel like thats the part of the cons i miss out on, i would love to make some new friends!

• Moderators

I hope so, I always feel like thats the part of the cons i miss out on, i would love to make some new friends!

Oh I think you'll be fine.

Personally I've always been a really shy person, and found it hard to make friends etc. Being a part of this forum for the past 7 years now has really helped me to make the best friends I've ever had.

Now I can just go to events and it forces me to talk to people cuz they just come and say hi, which is always a good thing. Means I don't need to worry too much :smile:

So talk on here, Facebook, MSN etc and I'm sure you'll have some great people to hang around with at the con itself. And of course don't ever be too scared to say hi if you recognise people :D

Hi there!

I think it's a great idea to meet up - shy or not - so good idea :D

I'm quite shy myself, and it's even worse when you normally don't speak English. :smile:

What you also can do is to go to the "Facebook/Twitter"-thread and add us all over there, and talk to us before the convention. I think that made it a bit easier before Twi Prom :D

Hello,

I have only just joined this forum and ET3 will be first ever convention and so defiantly my first ever Twi one. So I am game as I am also solo.

xx

Well welcome to the forum and looking forward to meeting up, im not going on my own but my friend is shy too.

Are you staying at the hilton?

Yes, I am staying at the Hilton. I am twilight moms forums but only for a week. So a bit of a newborn to all this :smile:

Hello,

I have only just joined this forum and ET3 will be first ever convention and so defiantly my first ever Twi one. So I am game as I am also solo.

xx

Well welcome to the forum and looking forward to meeting up, im not going on my own but my friend is shy too.

Are you staying at the hilton?

Hola all! David is so right, we have all made some amazing friends on here and I'm sure you will do too XD

Just admit it Poppy, all that matters is that you now know me! :smile:

Okay okay I admit it, my life would be nothing without you Amanda you are the light of my life :D

Hola all! David is so right, we have all made some amazing friends on here and I'm sure you will do too XD

Just admit it Poppy, all that matters is that you now know me! :smile:

Okay okay I admit it, my life would be nothing without you Amanda you are the light of my life :D

Aww yeah I knew it :D

im not exactly shy, and ive been putting my 2pence worth into a few threads but when it comes to the con i will probably not introduce myself.

I went to et2 alone and although i got talking to 2 sisters that were staying in the not so grand Grand as well, i still couldnt muster up the courage to talk to people.

Maybe we should all be brave together! lol

its will be my first one too and im going alone so im definately nervous about making friends =/ i can be shy but not always.... so i really have no idea how talkative i'll be till the day lol.... tbh i think everyone should hope im in a quiet mood because when im crazy i can be pretty damn crazy lol.... im just hoping it will be like when ever ive spent hours queing for concerts alone, i've made some of the best friends of my life that way. Hmmm now im starting to think it's a good thing i'm going alone, i might be more willing to talk to strangers that way lol. I'm just worried i'll be the person stood on their own in the corner looking all lame :smile:

its will be my first one too and im going alone so im definately nervous about making friends =/ i can be shy but not always.... so i really have no idea how talkative i'll be till the day lol.... tbh i think everyone should hope im in a quiet mood because when im crazy i can be pretty damn crazy lol.... im just hoping it will be like when ever ive spent hours queing for concerts alone, i've made some of the best friends of my life that way. Hmmm now im starting to think it's a good thing i'm going alone, i might be more willing to talk to strangers that way lol. I'm just worried i'll be the person stood on their own in the corner looking all lame :D

Hi there! You can add me on facebook if you want (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=820395516) and we can talk some before the event because "when im crazy i can be pretty damn crazy" sounds great in my ears lmao since i'm crazy most of the time :smile: So then you can just hang out with me and my friends, and it might make it easier if you have talked to us before :)

And of course, all of you - feel free to add me on facebook..I don't bite haha xD