DECENDENTS OF THE GLORIOUS DEAD

Miss Ragamuffin

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey all,

Ive just sorted my Civil War outfit. Im doing a Lorena style, hooped skirt, riding jacket, mini top hat, cocked rifle and either parasol or riding whip with my victorian boots. I just hope it kinda fits in as its more general victorian than Southern Belle, Civil War

hey all,

Ive just sorted my Civil War outfit. Im doing a Lorena style, hooped skirt, riding jacket, mini top hat, cocked rifle and either parasol or riding whip with my victorian boots. I just hope it kinda fits in as its more general victorian than Southern Belle, Civil War

that sounds amazing cant wait to see it!

hey all,

that sounds amazing cant wait to see it!

Aw thankyou very much, I wasnt sure about it and really wanted a true massive Southern Belle dress but I guess lots would be doing that and theyre so expensive so Im going with this one :)

great outfit!

Thanks, I was quite impressed by the jacket and sash given it's one of those all in a bag Halloween outfits you can buy on the web. They're normally pretty crappy. The hat comes courtesy of fangirl who left it at my house a while back (finders keepers :-p). The sword had to come off the internets too, from the USA, as you can't get civil war type ones for kids in the UK. There's a bit in the rules of Showmasters about not allowing metal bladed weapons of any kind outside your hotel room at conventions except to get them signed, and I guess even blunt ones would be dodgy!

Jason

My granny dress and wig have now arrived :D

yippeeeee!! Im planning on raiding my nan's wardrobe, she has all manner of old granny clothes!!!!

actually i hope she's not too offended by that!!! loooool!

I think i'll put my hair in rollers for this one and get some grey hairspray stuff

we are gonna be funky grannies!!

My granny dress and wig have now arrived :unsure:

yippeeeee!! Im planning on raiding my nan's wardrobe, she has all manner of old granny clothes!!!!

I think i'll put my hair in rollers for this one and get some grey hairspray stuff

Hahaha! That's exactly what my mum suggested I did but I said we had to do charity shop... But then I found a tea dress on eBay I may actually wear again so bought it. And don't have to risk offending nan! :D

oh awesome! you definilty wearing a big dress then?!

Yep - going the whole hog with double hoops, possibly a wig, goves etc.

Just trying to get a fan now as I think I might be a bit warm

Can't wait for people to stare when crossing the road from the Ibis! lol :YAHOO:

My granny dress and wig have now arrived :thumbup:

Do rags instead of rollers! (it'll look good and hurt your head less) :coolthumb:

Can't wait for people to stare when crossing the road from the Ibis! lol :P

My granny dress and wig have now arrived :D

Do rags instead of rollers! (it'll look good and hurt your head less) :poki:

d'you know what, your totally right!! I always used to get my mum to rag my hair when i was younger hahaha!! I think i'll be wearing a hat once I take em out though :lol:

Can't wait for people to stare when crossing the road from the Ibis! lol :lol:

Arghh! I'm in the travelodge on my own on Sunday night.... that means I'll have to walk over on my own dressed as a granny! :poki:

Can't wait for people to stare when crossing the road from the Ibis! lol :P

My granny dress and wig have now arrived :(

Do rags instead of rollers! (it'll look good and hurt your head less) :P

I'm at the ibis on sunday night too! fancy walking over together that way we can look cool together haha