DECENDENTS OF THE GLORIOUS DEAD

Miss Ragamuffin

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've also got those fangs and can say they are brilliant and fit really well. its a bit fiddly getting them fitted first of all (but thats probably cos im all fingers and thumbs!) but great once they are done.

all you have to do then is learn to talk without a lisp with them in!!!

:P

(I think these figures are correct)

You shouldn't have to pay customs charges if the amount of your item+postage is under £120, but you will have to pay import VAT on anything over £18... oh and don't forget to add the admin charge for Parcelforce or FedEx this side too!!

Not impressed with the dress, I bought a size smaller than what I am at the moment (loosing weight – always get a size smaller. Lol)

It’s more like a 4 sizes bigger! The waist is near the crotch and it’s just basically huge.

I’ve told the bloke I got it from and he said he used his own size measurements – err, if you’re going to state that something is a certain size it needs to be that size – as in standard sizes! Grr.

I’m now having to get my mum to help me fix it. The waist is being hiked up, the sides taken in and about a foot from the bottom taken off.

Oh and there should be a bow on the right shoulder but I can’t make one as there is only one ribbon – this is the only thing that he is willing to give me a discount for and a measly 10%

Good job I don’t need it until August as this is going to take some doing. ïŒ

Not buying from them again.

I am not quite sure what to wear for this theme. I was thinking something maybe what Sookie would wear to church like a tea dress?? Am I thinking on completely the wrong wavelength?

Cool fangs by the way. I may invest in some for the Fangtasia theme.

'Travel back in time with Bill as he recounts the story of his time spent fighting for the south, in the American Civil War, to the Decendents of the Glorious Dead meeting.'

I'm reading that (as are most on this board, looking at their costumes) as it being US Civil War stuff. It's the time Bill's talking about rather than time he's talking in, if that makes sense.

Not impressed with the dress, I bought a size smaller than what I am at the moment (loosing weight – always get a size smaller. Lol)

It’s more like a 4 sizes bigger! The waist is near the crotch and it’s just basically huge.

I’ve told the bloke I got it from and he said he used his own size measurements – err, if you’re going to state that something is a certain size it needs to be that size – as in standard sizes! Grr.

I’m now having to get my mum to help me fix it. The waist is being hiked up, the sides taken in and about a foot from the bottom taken off.

Oh and there should be a bow on the right shoulder but I can’t make one as there is only one ribbon – this is the only thing that he is willing to give me a discount for and a measly 10%

oh no thats awful! did you say you got yours from mycloak?! mine isnt here yet and I'm really worried I'm planning on wearing it for et3 next month!

oh no thats awful! did you say you got yours from mycloak?! mine isnt here yet and I'm really worried I'm planning on wearing it for et3 next month!

Yep, that's who I got it from. you never know yours might be ok, But going back to the listing with the measurements he stated - it should have been tight on me - not falling off.

I am getting my dress custom made for this cos i have fallen in love with a dress on a tv show and its always impossible to find something like that :rolleyes:

tvd.jpg

Vampire_Diaries_Lost_Girls_2.jpg

That kinda dress is gorgeous Jemma!

Iv just got no idea with this theme at all! Ill probs leave it to the last minute like always :blink:

I am not quite sure what to wear for this theme. I was thinking something maybe what Sookie would wear to church like a tea dress?? Am I thinking on completely the wrong wavelength?

Cool fangs by the way. I may invest in some for the Fangtasia theme.

'Travel back in time with Bill as he recounts the story of his time spent fighting for the south, in the American Civil War, to the Decendents of the Glorious Dead meeting.'

I'm reading that (as are most on this board, looking at their costumes) as it being US Civil War stuff. It's the time Bill's talking about rather than time he's talking in, if that makes sense.

DECENDANTs of the Glorious Dead

If a desendant is a relative the would that not mean that it a throughout the ages theme, ie Bills decendants Ie families family would be upto present day???

But then it could be what u said about him telling the story so would that then be Civil War only???

This needs clarifying. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Thing is Miss R lol sorry dont know ur real name, is that if this is just Civlil War, then it not going to be much outfit choice, and the dresses are not cheap either.

Me and my friend Kimmy were thinking of picking an era to do throughout the ages. So it more open.

What do others think about that...........Afterall if we wanna dress up and civil war is proving too much hassle, then we could do that instead.

Why is there never a SM sdminitrator to help when u need it lol (this is jokey by the way and should not be taken as a dig at SM)

Lets get some more input on this difficult theme.

Ideas

Websites for cheap costuming

Hi Aratzat I'm Jess!

well I've been reading over the description SM left and I think its just the way they have worded it

I think it should read Travel back in time with Bill as he recounts the stories of his time spend fighting for the south in the American Civil War and his past up to the Decendents of the Glorious Dead meeting.

so in other words I think it means Bill was changed during the Civil War so we can go as any era from then that Bill has lived in to tell a tale!

Edited by Miss Ragamuffin

Hi Jess,

LOL after i put all that, i found the Introduce urself part and saw u on there.

I'm Tara or Taz whatever u find easier.......I kinda get called Taz at conventions.

If it any era, that be great and prob easier too.

OOO all the possibilities.

Amanda had suggested for one my hen nights, that we are having in June, doing Gangsters so we could do 1920's as will already have costumes.

What ideas do u have Jess?

Tara

Ah yes so i guessa few peeps are already gonna have a costume

I was thinking of adapting say the male costume to female but it would involve sewing and i dont do that so well lol

Guess will keep looking

If all else fails...sentance stealing lol... i will just wear a modern pretty dress,

There are Confederate men's costumes for sale for £29.99 - jacket, belt, trousers. If you google 'Civil war costume' on a UK only search, it's one of the top ones. If you'r eonly looking for a jacket they're probably cheaper. Are there no hire places near you?

Google also threw up women's costumes from £17.99, so they're not that expensive at all. Of course, I'm making mine for about £7.50, so compared with that I guess they are

Thanks Sazzra

Hmm ok will look later on.

Didnt want trousers really, hence the make mans cotume into a female onelol

Ive yet to find the cheaper dresses............if i could make my own i would lol

It not often i find a difficult theme to deal with as i have many outfits from other cons........wench, ladybird, school girl, cowgirl, i have ballgowns (modern)