Refund

chole110

Still no refund, and it is no longer early January.

What email do I use to contact Showmasters?

Thanks

Swan

I registered some time ago for this but I don't think we're entitled to a refund. If you look at Jason's email where he originally stated the event was at risk I think it was clear that refunds would only be going to those people who registered after he'd made the warning. I don't think people who registered earlier will be getting refunds.

Thanks

Swan

I registered some time ago for this but I don't think we're entitled to a refund. If you look at Jason's email where he originally stated the event was at risk I think it was clear that refunds would only be going to those people who registered after he'd made the warning. I don't think people who registered earlier will be getting refunds.

I bought my tickets in May the day the con was announced! Are you saying because I did so, I won't be getting a refund?

Edited by swan

Thanks

Swan

I bought my tickets in May the day the con was announced! Are you saying because I did so, I won't be getting a refund?

As did I but I'm getting desparate for the refund now.

Yep EVERYONE will be refunded!

Has anyone e-mailed SM yet?! If so can you let us know what they said? Seems silly us all e-mailing them!

Ta!

I REALLY hope it's soon, they said early January and it's now half way through the month! I've been working on the fact we'd be getting it early in the month and if it doesn't appear in the next week I'm going to end up in minus figures and will be charged by the bank!

This was supposed to be my sisters 30th birthday weekend so we've been desperately trying to get something together. Needing to book transport while expecting the money EARLY January, I've already got charges.

It is just getting a bit ridiculous now and we're gonna end up doing nothing for her birthday

The convention has been cancelled, and everyone will be refunded.

That is how it works.

Have you actually confirmed that with Jason or is that just how you think it should work?

To be honest I wasn't expecting to get a refund from SM and given that the event failing is hardly their fault I'm not sure why they should be out of pocket. SM will have had expenses such a deposists for the venue, advertising etc. which they can't get back. Its not their fault that not enough of us registered.

However its easy enough for us to get our money back without SM being out of pocket. Personally I have annoual travel insurance and so can easily claim on my insurance against cancelled events. Similarly anyone who booked by credit card will be covered and can claim the money back that way.

The difference would be that anyone who booked after they were warned the event might not go ahead would not be able to claim. I believe that's why SM made it clear that people who booked after that point would get a refund.

Given that its now well gone mid January and there's been no other statement from SM I think that it would be wrong of people to hassle them when they've never really said we would get a refund. I'm happy enough to be proven wrong if you've actually spoken to Jason about this but if its just your opinion then I'm sorry but I think you're wrong.

The convention has been cancelled, and everyone will be refunded.

That is how it works.

Have you actually confirmed that with Jason or is that just how you think it should work?

To be honest I wasn't expecting to get a refund from SM and given that the event failing is hardly their fault I'm not sure why they should be out of pocket. SM will have had expenses such a deposists for the venue, advertising etc. which they can't get back. Its not their fault that not enough of us registered.

However its easy enough for us to get our money back without SM being out of pocket. Personally I have annoual travel insurance and so can easily claim on my insurance against cancelled events. Similarly anyone who booked by credit card will be covered and can claim the money back that way.

The difference would be that anyone who booked after they were warned the event might not go ahead would not be able to claim. I believe that's why SM made it clear that people who booked after that point would get a refund.

Given that its now well gone mid January and there's been no other statement from SM I think that it would be wrong of people to hassle them when they've never really said we would get a refund. I'm happy enough to be proven wrong if you've actually spoken to Jason about this but if its just your opinion then I'm sorry but I think you're wrong.

Everyone will be refunded for the cost of the tickets. This isn't the first event to be cancelled and refunds were given last time. If you read the terms and conditions on the website, you will see the following:

If the event is cancelled for any reason then only the face value of the programme will be refunded.

Your insurance will cover you (hopefully) for other, non-redundable costs, such as any flights.

• Moderators

Yes - it's not my opinion, it's fact based on certain things as Chris has pointed out .. plus Jason has stated that all tickets will be refunded.

There is no one who hasn't received a refund because they are not entitled to one. Everyone will get one eventually.

I've got to admit I'm getting a bit annoyed now. It's over halfway through the month, there's less than 2 weeks left of January and not only have we not had a refund there hasn't even been any update!

We know Showmasters are there because they announced two new Hub guests today and they don't have any conventions happening until 29th Jan so really there is no reason not to at least give us an update.