The Hub 5

showmasters

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wooo, that's awesome news, I can't wait. My mum prefers the Park Inn too as she can go shopping while I'm at the con whereas the Birmingham NEC is more isolated from everywhere else. I hope rooms aren't made available too soon but if they are, I'll still be booking lol. This will be my third Hub convention and my parents are definitely letting me go, yay. :lol:

Edited by Doctor Who

The Hub 5 will be taking place at the Park Inn Hotel, Northampton on Friday 1st and Sunday 3rd October

Just a quick thank-you to Jason here!

I avoided the Hub 3 as it was at the Hilton and I am not a fan of theirs so I will be back for #4 and #5 now you have moved the convention 'back home!'

The Hub 5 will be taking place at the Park Inn Hotel, Northampton on Friday 1st and Sunday 3rd October

I avoided the Hub 3 as it was at the Hilton and I am not a fan of theirs so I will be back for #4 and #5 now you have moved the convention 'back home!'

I don't know why you say that, I much prefer The Hilton - its nearer for me and the staff are much nicer.

I don't know why you say that, I much prefer The Hilton - its nearer for me and the staff are much nicer.

I've only been to the Hilton once but I've got to say, the staff were all lovely with me when I was there. They were all very helpful and we only had one problem which was sorting out the room that we had booked way in advance. On the fourth try, we finally got the card to a room which was free and of the standard we booked, I think they upgraded us actually lol. I've never been to the Park Inn before but I'm really looking forward to my stay there in April on Hub 4 weekend. :D

:lol: This is freaking awesome news!! I'm definately going no matter what :D it'll be my 3rd Hub convention so far :D it's even better that it's gonna be at the park inn seeing as my friend and I love the venue anyway 'cos we hang in the park when there's nothing else to do ;)

So basically :P;)

*Thinks* won't be able to go to Twicon 4 though :( -meh- my loyalty's to Torchwood first! :D

Sorry for the ramble guys :(

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Hiltpm is closer for me to and i went to the hub 3 when it was ther. I much prefer the park inn as everything is at 1 level (i am a wheelchair user), everything is closer together and easier to get to and i found the staff very helpful. only problem was the lifts which hopefully will be fixed by october (fingers crossed).

Not being at an event at the Park since Hub 2 I had forgotton how good it was lol

But also forgotten how annoying one lift was lol A problem we cant fault the Hilton on, as they have ALL the lifts lol

Also I know a lot of people had major room card problems on sunday, hopefully the system, and the lifts, are all fine next time.

I'm booked into the Ibis for the next one though, so wont affect me either way.

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

• Moderators

I was very lucky in that we were only on the first floor - we only took the lift going up about 3 times the whole weekend, and down once (with luggage).

Hopefully they'll at least have two working lifts by October.

But other than that, I did love being back there. No walking for miles to get places, town centre a couple minutes away, staff that actually seem happy to have the con there...

There seemed to be a lot of disabled people on the 7th floor, I kept meeting them when they were waiting for the lift back down. It was alright for me, I could just go down the stairs (even went up them a couple of times for some reason) but it was a bit cruel putting them up there with only one lift working! Silly hotel...

Hopefully they'll at least have two working lifts by October.

And maybe they won't stop on the 1st floor EVERY time they go up, even without anyone pressing that button. :whistling:

I was on the sixth floor so I did use the lift where I could, but if there was a queue I just plodded slowly up the stairs. I skipped the auction to get some food and managed to get back to the hotel just as everyone was queueing for the lift so I definately used the stairs then!