Brian J Smith not coming according to his Twitter

elenmai

Yeah, i'm not as enthused about it now Brian J has dropped out, if the tickets and hotel werent already non refundable i'd probably be rethinking the trip - i'm sure ill have fun once im there but, meh

Did you book the hotel at con rate, or somewhere else pre-paid (or hilton directly)?

If you booked the hilton at the con rate, you shouldnt have been charged, and room is cancellable until about 2 days before?

That's a shame I was looking forward to meeting him. I hope they can re-arrange for him to come another time.

Perhaps C16 or LFCC could have some SGU guests, as they'll probably go down better there where a minority cant complain.

David Blue came to the last con and he was the only SGU person there so I'm sure that wouldn't have been a problem for BJS.

David might have gone back and said something like maybe he felt a little out of place being the only guest from a new show, so anyone else going might want to go with someone else from the show just for a bit of support if they got stuck with questions or something?

We will never know though if anything was or wasnt said.

It is also the first that I have heard of this!

When I hear back I will let you know but at the moment it seems like you guys know more than I do! :unsure:

Cheers for the update Mark.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, i'm not as enthused about it now Brian J has dropped out, if the tickets and hotel werent already non refundable i'd probably be rethinking the trip - i'm sure ill have fun once im there but, meh

Did you book the hotel at con rate, or somewhere else pre-paid (or hilton directly)?

If you booked the hilton at the con rate, you shouldnt have been charged, and room is cancellable until about 2 days before?

I booked direct with the hotel, even if i hadnt the ticket is non transferrable and non refundable, dont get me wrong ill still have fun im sure but I was looking forward to meeting Brian, i have to wonder why there was this resistance to SGU stars, id prefer current SGU cast members to infrequent guest stars from the previous series tbh.

I hope the attitude that SGU stars arent wanted, which is the one that seems to have been put out there doesnt make them less likely to attend these cons in the future

I am soooooooo totally gutted...I was so pleased he was coming...new blood as it were. SM please get him back if you can - he is a major loss to the con...

I thought it was a bit odd he only agreed to come if there were other SGU guests - perhaps he isn't confident enough to hold his own, like David Blue can/did very successfully (perhaps he needs to chat with DB about what the con is like?)...but as a previous poster said, Bambam will be there as well...very strange...perhaps as BJS is relatively new to conventions, he doesn't realise that it won't really matter if there is no one else from SGU, that all the guests join together anyway and just have fun with it...

We definitely need to bombard his Twitter page with pleading!!!

That's such a shame, he's the one Universe guest I really REALLY wanted to meet :(

It's definately made me less enthusiastic about this con but I'm looking forward to seeing Bambam again and hopefully it'll be third time lucky in my attempt to meet Ryan Robbins!

Its a shame about the "no further SGU guests" post really, with it appearing that SGU guests arent wanted

I'll probably not be booking one of these in the future unless there is more than one SGU guest on the booking

I think Showmasters/Massive Events should send him a link to this post so he can see just how much support there is for him, and how much people are going to be disappointed if he doesn't change his mind. People power! haha

I think they should see about booking another SGU guest character to come along with him to show a little SGU love, i could probably put them in touch with Josh Blacker...

I think Showmasters/Massive Events should send him a link to this post so he can see just how much support there is for him, and how much people are going to be disappointed if he doesn't change his mind. People power! haha

I think they should see about booking another SGU guest character to come along with him to show a little SGU love, i could probably put them in touch with Josh Blacker...

Sounds good to me, more the merrier i say

Get Lou Diamond Philips to come with him, I don't watch SGU but I can't understand why people wouldn't want SGU guests it makes no sense for a SG con?!?!?!

Anyhow I will welcome anyone SG1, SGA and SGU. It's about having fun and enjoying time with people who have the same interests.

(disclaimer - If DGeek can't make it I wont be so jovial. So just to say any comments made above are based on the fact that David is going to be there - I hope it's a hack and people get to meet who they want! )

:)

You know, if this is really true (and I still don't believe he'd do such a thing) but he is the one who is acting in a hurtful way.

It truly is unprofessional to announce you are not coming to a con without even telling the organizers.

And then to blame it on the fact that he is the only one from SGU and doesn't want to attend with the guys/gals from SG1 and SGA (like they are the enemy or something) is just feet-stompingly childish.

It is hard to believe that some fans will just prostrate themselves at his feet and beg him and feed his immature ego like this.

Tell him to man-up dude! Honor your commitments and delight your fans. Make new fans for your new show with a cool con experience and convince the old show fans you have a product to offer they will like!

I fully expect this post to be deleted and I feel bad if it is hurtful, but it is my honest gut reaction to this news.

Sorry.

• Showmasters Admin

hi all

this is the first we have heard of this and we are looking into this as we speak , we have contacted his agent and he told us that he also knows nothing of Brian pulling out of the event , so he is going of to contact him now to find out if this is the truth .

i would also like to state that the agreement with Brian dose not have anything at all saying that other members for SGU have to be in attendance at the con for him to attend , so were this is coming from i really do not know and it is a really odd thing to say , also we would not have agreed to a agreement like this as we are not planning and never plan to run a only SGU event.

so this is all very odd and we are working on getting to the bottom of this as we speak so please bear with us as this is all new to us to .

thanks for understanding and we will inform you when we know more

yours

jason

I am not disapointed for myself, but I am for my friend, and if this turns out to be true, very disapointed in the way Brian has gone about it.

I hope this isn't true for the sake of people who were looking forward to meeting him.

However, if the post is from Brian then I hope you don't persuade him to come, his attitude was very dismissive of his own fans.

hi all

this is the first we have heard of this and we are looking into this as we speak , we have contacted his agent and he told us that he also knows nothing of Brian pulling out of the event , so he is going of to contact him now to find out if this is the truth .

i would also like to state that the agreement with Brian dose not have anything at all saying that other members for SGU have to be in attendance at the con for him to attend , so were this is coming from i really do not know and it is a really odd thing to say , also we would not have agreed to a agreement like this as we are not planning and never plan to run a only SGU event.

so this is all very odd and we are working on getting to the bottom of this as we speak so please bear with us as this is all new to us to .

thanks for understanding and we will inform you when we know more

yours

jason

Thanks for the update, let's hope this is all sorted soon

If he really don't want to come because he is the only actor of SGU, he seems to be a cry-baby to me. The other actors are nice persons and even if you have never worked with them there will be things you can talk about. That's so stupid!

So, he don't care about the fans who bought a ticket just to be able to meet him, or what?

I wasn't at the Chevron 7.3 so I don't know how the fans treated Eli, but I think, they were nice to him.

If he really send this post on twitter by himself, I hope, nobody will please him to come, but search for a nice substitute. I think it would be fair for the SGU-fans, if it will be an actor of SGU. But as I already mentioned, I'm fine with some from SGA or SG-1.

• Showmasters Admin

i just want to say that David Blue told us he had a great time and loved meeting the fans a lot and he said he wanted to come back to another event soon .

still no more news on this matter as i say as soon as we here something we will let you know

thanks

jason

i just want to say that David Blue told us he had a great time and loved meeting the fans a lot and he said he wanted to come back to another event soon .

still no more news on this matter as i say as soon as we here something we will let you know

thanks

jason

well david blue said on twitter to david hewlett he wanted to meet him, heres his chance lol

well david blue said on twitter to david hewlett he wanted to meet him, heres his chance lol

That's what I thought! He probably wouldn't want to come to another one so soon, but here's hoping!

That would be a pretty massive geek session, haha love it

That would be an awesome geek session lol