Anyone else flying in to Birmingham airport.

Hattiefang

Just wondering if anyone else is?

It says there is a free courtesy bus from the trainstation but i would no way take that by myself! :WINCE:

Would walking be possible :D

The hotel has a postcode of B40 1PP, and the airport has one of B26 3QJ - plug those into google maps, and you'll see that it suggests a walking distance of about 1.6 miles, and a little over half an hour's footslogging - probably more if you have a decent amount of luggage. I'd also point out that airports aren't really designed for people to arrive on foot at, so you may find that at least some of the streets along the route don't have pavements and may not be terribly pedestrian-friendly.

A free courtesy bus seems like a good idea to me - it's free, and since it's a courtesy you'd expect them to be polite and friendlky and helpful :P

Really Talie?

Cos Ive never been on a bus before lol

Or a Train and ive never been to Birmingham airport , its seeming a bit scary :lol:

Jo it says the bus cant go to the airport anymore for security :WINCE:

But It says it can get you from the trainstation but i havent got a clue how to get to these places :lol:

Really Talie?

Or a Train and ive never been to Birmingham airport , its seeming a bit scary :rolleyes:

Jo it says the bus cant go to the airport anymore for security :D

But It says it can get you from the trainstation but i havent got a clue how to get to these places :rolleyes:

Never been on a bus or train before???! :rolleyes:

I think the trainstation is pretty close.

What time are you flying in at btw Hattie?

I land at 3 so that and however long it takes to get out :D

Really Talie?

Or a Train and ive never been to Birmingham airport , its seeming a bit scary :lol:

Jo it says the bus cant go to the airport anymore for security :lol:

But It says it can get you from the trainstation but i havent got a clue how to get to these places :lol:

Never been on a bus or train before???! :D

I know, Im a bus phobic, they scare me, specially when im by myself!

and with trains i just never had the chance befor :headscratch:

Never been on a bus or train before???! :D

I know, Im a bus phobic, they scare me, specially when im by myself!

and with trains i just never had the chance befor :blush:

Did St Patrick cast all the trains out of Ireland at the same time he did the snakes? :(

It says there is a free courtesy bus from the trainstation but i would no way take that by myself! :WAVE:

Would walking be possible :poki:

I amm. (OH, HEY, YOU'RE FROM IRELAND, TOO. xD Meet up? Y/Y?)

Anyway, I'm flying in and I was just going to walk the way. For the Proms; I walked the way from the train station and managed to find my way with helpful signs. And the hotel is supposed to be quite near to the airport. :]

You're like the 2nd person in the space of a month to tell me they've never been on a train, I don't see how that's possible! lol

but yeah ill meet u :YAHOO:

Thanks!!!! :WAVE:

In the airport??

Or Trainstation or anywheres lol

It says there is a free courtesy bus from the trainstation but i would no way take that by myself! :poki:

Would walking be possible :WAVE:

Anyway, I'm flying in and I was just going to walk the way. For the Proms; I walked the way from the train station and managed to find my way with helpful signs. And the hotel is supposed to be quite near to the airport. :]

What flight are you going over on??

And Yep Im from Ireland :YAHOO:

you may find that at least some of the streets along the route don't have pavements and may not be terribly pedestrian-friendly.

A free courtesy bus seems like a good idea to me - it's free, and since it's a courtesy you'd expect them to be polite and friendlky and helpful :D

You can do most of it indoors. The airport is connected to the train station by a free monorail, that takes about three minutes. you can then walk through the NEC 5-10 minutes until hall 5 I think. The Hilton is a few minutes outside from there. All well signposted.

It says there is a free courtesy bus from the trainstation but i would no way take that by myself! :D

Would walking be possible :drunk:

From Ireland also :drunk: hihi :)

You're like the 2nd person in the space of a month to tell me they've never been on a train, I don't see how that's possible! lol

but yeah ill meet u :spew:

Thanks!!!! :D

In the airport??

Or Trainstation or anywheres lol

It says there is a free courtesy bus from the trainstation but i would no way take that by myself! :drunk:

Would walking be possible :spew:

What flight are you going over on??

And Yep Im from Ireland :D

I haven't booked mine yet. O.O

It says there is a free courtesy bus from the trainstation but i would no way take that by myself! :drunk:

Would walking be possible :spew:

From Ireland also :spew: hihi :)

*waves* :]

I thought I was the only one, lol. ;D