we are sorry to let you know that this event has been cancelled

showmasters

Jason did say Park Inn, which I think you said you were not staying at with the con rate? Sorry if I remember incorrectly!

I think I have figured it all out now... Just phoned them up again. When I was searching for a room with the agreed rate they had none available, so I booked another room. I was told by the guy at the hotel that the convention had been cancelled days before I booked the room, which is why there were no rooms at the rate.

So... I booked a room for a convention I hoped was still going ahead. If we were told about the con cancellation the same day as the con being cancelled with the hotel, I wouldn't be losing money.

I'm sad now, at this time, I can't afford losing that amount of money. :thumbup:

If you have a room at Park Inn I would think that Jason or Mark can sort this out for you, as I reckon it should still be refunded.

TBH I personally prefer the bigger cons like CM Milton Keynes and LFCC and have the guests going there rather than all these individual conventions. Whilst I really enjoyed Being Human I would not go to a convention just for them (even though I appreciate other people would).

got to admit I purposely avoided this show, a drama comedy about a wear-wolf, ghost and vampire on bbc 3, seemed all a bit naff, plus Im not toveys biggest fan.

BUT ive just caught an episode on bbc3 whilst flicking and all the ppl on here saying how great it is ect prompted me to watch, gotta say I really enjoyed it, the focus is more on the drama with comedy bits and I was worried it would be the other way round.

Lenora Crichlow is simply beautiful and her character is very interesting, though Im still not sure on tovey, so many lines seem poorly delivered, with loads of gaps, is that his acting or him cos im sure he was like that in VOTD.

ive series linked it to see the rest of the series, really enjoyed it. the ep I caught was were the kid dies and mitchel is accused of being a pedo, though how annoying was the kids mum, wanted to slap her, reminded me a little of the woman in series 2 of spooks who goes off on one against tom when she learns he is a spook. but I digress lol

good series, will have a look for the dvd. (edit, reading about it seems the dvd has hardly any special features and has alot of music replaced due to rights, can anyone elaborate on this?)

shame this con was canceled, but still although I liked it I doubt id fork out for a specific con, especially without lenora. (i have only watched one ep lol)

how is it doing in the ratings?

im looking forward to catching the start of the series and getting into it, really enjoyed the ep I saw

Edited by timelord81r

got to admit I purposely avoided this show, a drama comedy about a wear-wolf, ghost and vampire on bbc 3, seemed all a bit naff, plus Im not toveys biggest fan.

BUT ive just caught an episode on bbc3 whilst flicking and all the ppl on here saying how great it is ect prompted me to watch, gotta say I really enjoyed it, the focus is more on the drama with comedy bits and I was worried it would be the other way round.

Lenora Crichlow is simply beautiful and her character is very interesting, though Im still not sure on tovey, so many lines seem poorly delivered, with loads of gaps, is that his acting or him cos im sure he was like that in VOTD.

ive series linked it to see the rest of the series, really enjoyed it. the ep I caught was were the kid dies and mitchel is accused of being a pedo, though how annoying was the kids mum, wanted to slap her, reminded me a little of the woman in series 2 of spooks who goes off on one against tom when she learns he is a spook. but I digress lol

good series, will have a look for the dvd. (edit, reading about it seems the dvd has hardly any special features and has alot of music replaced due to rights, can anyone elaborate on this?)

shame this con was canceled, but still although I liked it I doubt id fork out for a specific con, especially without lenora. (i have only watched one ep lol)

im looking forward to catching the start of the series and getting into it, really enjoyed the ep I saw

Welcome to the party! To answer your query, the ratings were great (especially given as it was on BBC3, up against Lost AND Supernatural when it first aired!) It was given a second, longer series and was then given an airing on BBC1 (or 2, can't remember which). It also got a (comparatively) huge audience from the BBC iPlayer.

Im still not sure on tovey, so many lines seem poorly delivered, with loads of gaps, is that his acting or him cos im sure he was like that in VOTD.

Welcome to the party! To answer your query, the ratings were great (especially given as it was on BBC3, up against Lost AND Supernatural when it first aired!) It was given a second, longer series and was then given an airing on BBC1 (or 2, can't remember which). It also got a (comparatively) huge audience from the BBC iPlayer.

Tovey's character is supposed to be a sort of shy and withdrawn guy who's a bit socially inept, which would mean that he speaks in a somewhat halting manner much of the time. I thought he was fine.

As for the ratings, it was doing 800,000 to 1.1 million on BBC3 first run, (which was about the same as Lost was doing) plus up to 200,000 per episode on iPlayer, which as Chris says was/is a very large number for iPlayer hits, apparently. Actually it probably did better than that because of the amount of re-runs; it'll be interesting to see what the second series does.

I think Tovey plays George perfectly.

As for the DVD... one of the amazing things about Being Human is the music and on the DVD a lot of it is replaced by a more generic score (I think). I only watched a few eps on the DVD before I gave up, without the music is kinda lost it's sparkle. If you haven't seen it before you might not notice a difference, but I'm re-watching on BBC iPlayer instead of using the DVD.

I think Tovey plays George perfectly.

As for the DVD... one of the amazing things about Being Human is the music and on the DVD a lot of it is replaced by a more generic score (I think). I only watched a few eps on the DVD before I gave up, without the music is kinda lost it's sparkle. If you haven't seen it before you might not notice a difference, but I'm re-watching on BBC iPlayer instead of using the DVD.

I was gutted at some of the music being removed. I got the DVD fro my christmas and one of my favourite scenes is George's transformation the house to smack your bitch up, it is just not the same with out that song.

I even noticed that when Herick is supposed to say somthing like I snese a bad moon rising he says a sense a werewolf rising.

Its stupid things like that that have ruined DVD a bit for me. I would have just downloaded the tv eps if I had known

I was gutted at some of the music being removed. I got the DVD fro my christmas and one of my favourite scenes is George's transformation the house to smack your bitch up, it is just not the same with out that song.

I even noticed that when Herick is supposed to say somthing like I snese a bad moon rising he says a sense a werewolf rising.

Its stupid things like that that have ruined DVD a bit for me. I would have just downloaded the tv eps if I had known

Yeah, the DVD was sort of a waste of money. I'm even more annoyed as BBC3 iPlayer has all the episode's up for viewing except episode 2 has audio-description over it with no way to turn it off. Kinda distracting.

• Showmasters Admin

Gutted.... But my sister will take this worse. I even have a hotel room booked that isn't refundable. :(

Same as Galaxy-Song... We were going to get our tickets when she got home. :(

we have informed the park inn that this event has been cancelled and we have an agreement with them so you will be able to get you money back for your hotel room , i hope that helps ;)

jason :smile:

Thanks!! I hope so... I just hope Bitten doesn't get cancelled now... LOL

According to the hotel, if I want to cancel my room, it will cost me the same amount of money I paid for the room. I'm going to end up losing money either way... :no:

hi there if you can drop us an email about this we will talk to the hotel and get them to resolved for you ;)

please in future if you have reel issues then do email us we are here to help you all

Showmasters <info@showmastersonline.com>

jason :o

Thanks for letting us know in advance of the date

Do we need to email to receive a confirmation of refunded ticket order or will this be an automatic process (working through the list of orders made)?

I had been looking forward to seeing the actors from the show, especially once I learned the date of season (series) two scheduled to air on TV the beginning of next week.

I hope there might be a BH convention in the future, I prefer cons to signing events because it is more relaxed pace at a con hotel compared to the rush of a signing event hall.

• 1 month later...

it really saddens us to have to let you know that our plans for a Being Human convention has had to be cancelled

You know I would have gone to this, but since there are so many Torchwood Hub conventions each year it ate up my Housebroken money. I know a lot of people are in this situation as well. Would have loved to have gone.