we are sorry to let you know that this event has been cancelled

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

it really saddens us to have to let you know that our plans for a Being Human convention has had to be cancelled

with only 50 odd tickets sold it really is impossible to try to run a convention with that few fans attending

it would just be to hard on the guests as there would be odd moments were it would be just to quiet and it would also be odd for the fans as there would be times were there may not be enough things to do , let along the major loss in running this event , all in all it just dose not work for anyone .

we are huge fans of this show and we all know that it is just right to run a con of it , but sadly we are not enough , there needed to be at least another 200 more fans to of made this work , if we could have see us getting there we would of held out but it is just not to be .

we will refund all the tickets that have been bought early in Jan and the hotel will be refunding any rooms that have been booked and if you have just reserved a room do ring them to cancel them .

once again we are sorry we could not bring this event to you , it was one of the cons i was so looking forward to and we are as up set as you all are .

we are now contacting all the guests and will be getting them to other events like CM16 and LFCC so you will all get the chance to meet them all over the next year

in the end we still think that it was worth the try to make this happen , as its better to try and fail than to never have tried at all , some times it works and we have amazing event and other times its like this wear we have to call it a day and cancel the event, i hope you all see it this way as well.

we will keep an eye on the show and see if it grows its fan base and if it looks like it can support a con we will look at it again for you the fans and for us as we did want to attend this event as fans our selfs

thank you all for all the help you have given us on this event it is never forgotten :smile:

Jason B)

Gutted.... But my sister will take this worse. I even have a hotel room booked that isn't refundable. :blink:

Same as Galaxy-Song... We were going to get our tickets when she got home. :YAHOO:

I think quite a few people were waiting until after christmas, I was going to use money from Mum and Dad to get them.

I really hope they would have said reschuled to a a lter date instead of canclled.

Gutted.... But my sister will take this worse. I even have a hotel room booked that isn't refundable. :blink:

Same as Galaxy-Song... We were going to get our tickets when she got home. :YAHOO:

I think quite a few people were waiting until after christmas, I was going to use money from Mum and Dad to get them.

I really hope they would have said reschuled to a a lter date instead of canclled.

I agree....

• Showmasters Admin

Gutted.... But my sister will take this worse. I even have a hotel room booked that isn't refundable. :(

Same as Galaxy-Song... We were going to get our tickets when she got home. :(

we have informed the park inn that this event has been cancelled and we have an agreement with them so you will be able to get you money back for your hotel room , i hope that helps ;)

jason :P

Gutted.... But my sister will take this worse. I even have a hotel room booked that isn't refundable. :(

we have informed the park inn that this event has been cancelled and we have an agreement with them so you will be able to get you money back for your hotel room , i hope that helps ;)

jason :P

Thanks!! I hope so... I just hope Bitten doesn't get cancelled now... LOL

I guess it's a combination of numbers and availability. There aren't that many free dates in the SM/ME calendar next year, I'd guess, and there's always a danger they might clash with perhaps filming for a third series, or other reasons why guests may be unavailable. Also given the numbers in Jason's post "with only 50 odd tickets sold...there needed to be at least another 200 more fans" - postponing because you may be 75 folks or 100 folks short would be understandable. Postponing because you need to sell 4 times as many tickets as you've already sold is being far too optimistic, I'd have thought. A huge shame, but given the numbers, no real option.

NO! The WORST news has finally arrived. It so unfair to us all - and you too Showmasters!

Can you not try to reschedule it to a little later in the year when S2 will have helped build up the fan following AND people would very likely have more money to spend? Or what about reducing it to a 2 day event or even a one and a half day event? Hell, even ONE single, solitary day would get us fans together better. I mean, that would cut costs right? Erm, I'm out of options right now and too busy trying to not cry.

Out of interest, how many tickets would you need for it to be a viable option?

I know, nothing will change your minds now but it was worth trying the suggestions.

*sighs and wanders off dejectedly*

KC

Out of interest, how many tickets would you need for it to be a viable option?

Taken from the first post:

with only 50 odd tickets sold it really is impossible to try to run a convention with that few fans attending

there needed to be at least another 200 more fans to of made this work

we have informed the park inn that this event has been cancelled and we have an agreement with them so you will be able to get you money back for your hotel room , i hope that helps :D

jason :YAHOO:

Thanks!! I hope so... I just hope Bitten doesn't get cancelled now... LOL

According to the hotel, if I want to cancel my room, it will cost me the same amount of money I paid for the room. I'm going to end up losing money either way... :dance:

Jason did say Park Inn, which I think you said you were not staying at with the con rate? Sorry if I remember incorrectly!

I think I have figured it all out now... Just phoned them up again. When I was searching for a room with the agreed rate they had none available, so I booked another room. I was told by the guy at the hotel that the convention had been cancelled days before I booked the room, which is why there were no rooms at the rate.

So... I booked a room for a convention I hoped was still going ahead. If we were told about the con cancellation the same day as the con being cancelled with the hotel, I wouldn't be losing money.

I'm sad now, at this time, I can't afford losing that amount of money. :YAHOO:

Jason did say Park Inn, which I think you said you were not staying at with the con rate? Sorry if I remember incorrectly!

I think I have figured it all out now... Just phoned them up again. When I was searching for a room with the agreed rate they had none available, so I booked another room. I was told by the guy at the hotel that the convention had been cancelled days before I booked the room, which is why there were no rooms at the rate.

So... I booked a room for a convention I hoped was still going ahead. If we were told about the con cancellation the same day as the con being cancelled with the hotel, I wouldn't be losing money.

I'm sad now, at this time, I can't afford losing that amount of money. :YAHOO:

thats horrible to hear :dance: i still wish that they would give you a break! :/

i also wish this con would have happened, even if i couldn't make it. But, here's hoping for another one in the future, im sure there will be!