latest Guest Announcement GREG RUCKA Comic Creator

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

latest Guest Announcement GREG RUCKA

Comic Creator and Novelist

this is the first of the free signings for this event

Greg will be taking part in talks and other activities over the weekend more to come on this latter

Marvel Comics

Black Widow

Daredevil

Daredevil & Elektra

Elektra

Marvel Knights Double Shot

Spider-Man

Wolverine

X-Men Unlimited

DC Comics

Action Comics

Adventures of Superman

Batman

Checkmate

Countdown to Infinite Crisis

Crime Bible

Detective Comics I

Detective Comics II

Final Crisis: Resist

Final Crisis: Revelations

Flinch

Gotham Central

O.M.A.C. Project

Supergirl

Superman: World of New Krypton

Weird War Tales

Weird Western Tales

Wonder Woman

Dark Horse Comics

Grendel

Hellboy

Top Cow

Felon

Oni Press

Queen & Country

Whiteout

1206118499_06c168647e.jpg

2733688889_d1c0d8221e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its a bugger its one free signature per person, last year it was as many as you want (within reason) for comic/anime people. Such a shame as I would have wanted to get my world of new krypton issues signed and im not paying £110 for that to happen!

I do not charge for signatures. I never have, and I do not plan on starting at the show this summer.

As for limit - I'll sign just about anything I've written, no matter how great the stack of books; all I ask is that, if there's a line and you have 100 books, you let me work in batches, so other people with smaller stacks can have their books signed, as well.

Very much looking forward to attending the show!

Its a bugger its one free signature per person, last year it was as many as you want (within reason) for comic/anime people. Such a shame as I would have wanted to get my world of new krypton issues signed and im not paying £110 for that to happen!

I do not charge for signatures. I never have, and I do not plan on starting at the show this summer.

As for limit - I'll sign just about anything I've written, no matter how great the stack of books; all I ask is that, if there's a line and you have 100 books, you let me work in batches, so other people with smaller stacks can have their books signed, as well.

ah that's wonderful Greg, really want these Q&C things signed! be nice to meet you :)

Mr Rucka you are a modern day legend thank you for coming all this way, i never get to meet any creators so you will be my first.

• 3 months later...

ssoooo, what happening with getting things signed? is there actually going to be a charge? or is it free? if it's free can we get our own stuff signed or is something given to us?

clarification would be nice, i have at least one of my own things i'd like signed, but if any number of items is free then i might bring one or two other things!! :P

thanks, can not wait for this event!! ;)

:dance:

How did I never see you reply to my comment!?

If you do pop you head back onto the forum just want to say how much I'm enjoying your stuff at the minute. I've only just gotten into DC in the past year and i've been going into the back catalogue recently reading from infinite crisis onwards and half way through 52 and shocked how much i'm enjoying it! Even more so with your recent run on Detective!

Cant wait to meet you and have a quick chat if I can!

Also thanks for the update on the singings it's a great relief! And the fact your coming to london to begin with! Cant thank enough!

Edited by JaySchluffy

:D Just got the order and shipment confirmation for Mr. Rucka's No Man's Land novelization - it'll now be shipped to Germany from somewhere within GB only so that I can bring it back with me on Friday to get it sighed *chuckles* Here's hoping the postal service won't let me down.

SOOOO excited! :P

:D Just got the order and shipment confirmation for Mr. Rucka's No Man's Land novelization - it'll now be shipped to Germany from somewhere within GB only so that I can bring it back with me on Friday to get it sighed *chuckles* Here's hoping the postal service won't let me down.

SOOOO excited! :P

Very nice pick. I haven't read his novels but I have heard good things.

One book i've bought especially for the convention is his Detective Comics Hardcover. I read that in single issues and loved it (and I am not the biggest batman fan). Cannot wait for my local comic shop to get the order in in the next week.

:lol: Just got the order and shipment confirmation for Mr. Rucka's No Man's Land novelization - it'll now be shipped to Germany from somewhere within GB only so that I can bring it back with me on Friday to get it sighed *chuckles* Here's hoping the postal service won't let me down.

SOOOO excited! :D

Very nice pick. I haven't read his novels but I have heard good things.

One book i've bought especially for the convention is his Detective Comics Hardcover. I read that in single issues and loved it (and I am not the biggest batman fan). Cannot wait for my local comic shop to get the order in in the next week.

I'm not hugely into Batman either, but I loved No Man's Land. The whole arc was pretty exciting, and I loved the scene where Batman and Gordon meet up again under the watchful eyes of Oracle and Robin - a scene that, as far as I know, has been scripted by Greg Rucka himself. Sadly though, I read the comics at our local library and they wouldn't be too pleased if I had them signed :D So I went the cheaper route and bought the novelization, done solely by Greg Rucka, costing me 2.50Euros as compared to ca. 15Euros PER trade paper book of the comic arc (of which there are 5 altogether, I seem to remember). So .. while I tend to not be a cheapskate usually, I looked for the cheaper way to go this time - the weekend is already costing me an arm and a leg anyway :D

No new info on the signing situation? :cylon: are they free or £10? Showmasters? any ideas? i don't really want to carry a hardbard around all day for no reason!!

:P

:cylon:

Greg Rucka himself said:

earlier in this thread. Right here. Edited by silky_cat

No new info on the signing situation? :P are they free or £10? Showmasters? any ideas? i don't really want to carry a hardbard around all day for no reason!!

From the Guest Days and Prices topic:

GREG RUCKA--------------------------both days--------------one free extras auto £10

I am trying to get this confirmed by SM.

It may that the system is like Greg suggested, one free and then come back later if you need more.

The last free signings did have very long wait times because attendees brought huge stacks of books, and the plan was very likely to avoid this this time.

For now I personally would go by the price list, this post was updated way later than the post here.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

That post is from March while the SM Guest list was last updated last week. Things can change a lot between March and July. The 10 pounds bit has been on the Guest Price list for a while, so I am personally thinking it is unlikely that this is an error.

As I said, I have requested confirmation, so hopefully I can post final info shortly.