Hotel Code?

captainpixie

Yeah, I was able to book online using the code if I didn't include Sunday night. Are there any plans to get this night covered with the code or will I need to pay full price for Sunday night?

I got my ma to call as I don't have a land line, they said to book the Sunday night and to apply the code if it gets sorted. They said they can't guarantee over the phone that will be the case... But adding the code later wouldn't be an issue.

The e-mail confirmation has the reduced price on it, but has a note to say the SUnday night is full price.

:)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Yeah, I have the same - booked twin deluxe Fri, Sat nights with the code, and Sunday without, but can call back when the Sunday gets sorted out and change that to the code.

And yes, I'm going with when, not if, because I trust SM/ME that they'll get it worked out with the hotel eventually. (I wasn't the one booking the hotel for my group for Hub 3 at this hotel, but there were all the same issues...)

Just booked a twin deluxe room for me & my sis. The room rate on the Roadhouse website is showing at £74.75 but I have been quoted by the hotel at £76.38 for the friday/saturday only and a normal rate of £139 for the sunday night. I really hope SM/ME can get something sorted because we really cant afford that amount for just one night, our total stay will be £229.14. However, the staff did say that if the code gets sorted for the sunday night too, I can phone back & update the booking to apply the discount.

However, looking forward to the event itself.

Edited by gemma85

I've just booked my twin room for the Saturday night which is when I'll be staying, I'm so glad that it's all sorted out now. Now I can sit back and look forward to the new announcements whilst I'm getting excited for the convention itself. :YAHOO:

Edited by Doctor Who

• Moderators

To the people who have said they haven't got the discount for the Sunday night £229.14 split into 3 = £76.38 per night so it has been given at the reduced rate!

The main bit where they add up the total says it's con rate all 3 nights, but there's a note at the bottom to say the rate of £139/night will apply the Sunday night. So the £229.14 isn't actually what would be paid if we don't manage to get the Sunday ACTUALLY onto con rate.

To the people who have said they haven't got the discount for the Sunday night £229.14 split into 3 = £76.38 per night so it has been given at the reduced rate!

The main bit where they add up the total says it's con rate all 3 nights, but there's a note at the bottom to say the rate of £139/night will apply the Sunday night. So the £229.14 isn't actually what would be paid if we don't manage to get the Sunday ACTUALLY onto con rate.

Is that on the confirmation email because I can't see anything that says that on mine.

• Moderators

Is that on the confirmation email because I can't see anything that says that on mine.

Yeah, it has the room information and then

Comments and Requests:

FS PER COMBINED AVAILABILITY RATE@139 POUNDS TO APPLY 05SEP

My email doesn't say that on it all t has under Room Information is

Room Information:

Rooms: 1

Clients: 2 Adults

Room Type: QUEEN HILTON DELUXE

Your room type preferences have been submitted with your reservation, and are subject to hotel availability.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm confused :blush:

Yeah, it has the room information and then

Comments and Requests:

FS PER COMBINED AVAILABILITY RATE@139 POUNDS TO APPLY 05SEP

Yeah I looked over my e-mail and got that to! like I said hopefully if or when the code for Sunday comes threw that'll change *fingers crossed*

I do hope this is....sorted....soon.... I wanna book a twin room before they'll all gone. Heck, I'll share a double if need be!!!!!

well you CAN book it now and change it later that's what I was told. so snag a room now and then as long as you cancel or change by the end of August every-thing's fine! they don't ask for payment right their and then.

• Showmasters Admin

Right, sorry everyone. The person I needed to speak to was not in yesterday either but I have spoken to her now this morning and all should be sorted.

There should be Double and Twin rooms available on all nights now, including Sunday. :unsure:

Any more problems please do let me know.

Thanks

Mark :D

Seems to be working fine, thank you!!

Question for those who have been to other cons and that before, I know breakfast is included in the room rate but what do you do for the rest of the day, would we have to go out in the evenings for dinner or is there a restaurant in the hotel that won't require my kidney as a deposit lol

Yes I'm a noob and I know it :WAVE:

:dance:

• Moderators

Got passed through about 60 departments on the phone, but my booking is now con-rate for all 3 nights, yay! Thanks so much for getting that all sorted for us, Mark.

And for Hub 3 (only SM con I've been to at this hotel) I believe SM had arranged an 'affordable food' room for other meals, but I never managed to actually find it. We walked over to Subway at the train station (about 10 mins walk) at lunchtime each day and got enough food for lunch/tea from there - haven't managed to face Subway since, however...

Edited by etmuse

I just got off of the phone with the hotel to add the Sunday night to my reservation. It's come to £76.38 per night for all three nights so I'm not complaining! Quite pleased to have got that part of the planning sorted, I generally worry about these things!

Well I phoned to sort it out and ended up losing the Twin room, to a normal double annoyingly because they simply didn't have any left, they said they couldn't applie the room rate to the twin I already had booked which is just whack, but I have a room and that's the important thing!

EDIT:-

went on-line and they had twins so cancelled other res and booked it on-line, but am confused, do they only like have a certain amount put aside for reserving on-line and then a certain amount for phone bookings?

Edited by captainpixie

Got passed through about 60 departments on the phone, but my booking is now con-rate for all 3 nights, yay! Thanks so much for getting that all sorted for us, Mark.

And for Hub 3 (only SM con I've been to at this hotel) I believe SM had arranged an 'affordable food' room for other meals, but I never managed to actually find it. We walked over to Subway at the train station (about 10 mins walk) at lunchtime each day and got enough food for lunch/tea from there - haven't managed to face Subway since, however...

That's ok then so long as there's a subway near by I'll live, even if I don't eat it for the rest of the year lol

Cheers Erin! :)

^_^

That's ok then so long as there's a subway near by I'll live, even if I don't eat it for the rest of the year lol

Cheers Erin! :)

^_^

hmmmm! subway :D I LOVE SUBWAY :D

*edited*

Please don't discuss other events on here. Thank you!

Edited by DavidB

If you include the Sunday night there's now only single rooms showing on the website, does this mean all the other rooms have gone already and can more be added?

I'd prefer to not phone them up if I don't have to!

I just got the same thing. Only single rooms if you put all three nights. Twins only available for the first two nights at con-rates. It seems a bit weird that Sunday twins at con-rate would be sold out already but i don't see what else it could be?

In t'other hotel related thread the conclusion was come to that SM need to get in touch with Hilton again to release more rooms and seeing as it's Chevron this weekend and all the higher-ups will be there it will prob get sorted early next week.

Not booked mine yet so see what is said when they get back :)

:D