Hotel Code?

captainpixie

I reckon I'll book now with a regular price room for the Sunday night and then if SM manage to get more Sunday night rooms added to the code, I'll phone the hotel up again and change the reservation - even if it means me spending a ridiculous amount of time on the phone.

That was my thinking.

At least this way I've got a room, and the reservation can always be changed later

It's very confusing, on my confirmation email it actually quotes the discounted room rate for all three nights.

But there is a note confirming it doesn't apply on the Sunday :D

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon I'll book now with a regular price room for the Sunday night and then if SM manage to get more Sunday night rooms added to the code, I'll phone the hotel up again and change the reservation - even if it means me spending a ridiculous amount of time on the phone.

That was my thinking.

At least this way I've got a room, and the reservation can always be changed later

It's very confusing, on my confirmation email it actually quotes the discounted room rate for all three nights.

But there is a note confirming it doesn't apply on the Sunday :headscratch:

I just reserved mine too and my e-mail is the same. Fingers crossed SM can get the Sunday discounted too.

• Moderators

There were a bunch of issues like this for Hub3 too, and they all got sorted out in the end (and we could stay 3 nights on con code). So I'm confident that SM/ME will get it all sorted out for us this time too :)

Those who have booked have you paid in full then or not??

I know people who have done other cons and didn't pay until they arrived but all I can see on the website is advance payment options and I'm not going to be even close to having the money until early April - I know aaaaaaaaaages away. But if I don't have to pay now I'll do it soon as Mark sorts it.

Still won't be able to afford my ticket until April but at least we'll have somewhere to sleep and is *Cas forbid* the con sells out before I can get a ticket we can at least have a nice weekend in Brummie land lol!!

:YAHOO:

I booked through the website and although you have to give them your card details it says that they don't take the payment now and that you can pay when you check in, they are taking the card details as some sort of insurance that you are making a genuine booking and not messing them around I guess.

• Moderators

They offer queen rooms and twin deluxe rooms on the code - at least that's the options I was given on the phone today. Only got 2 of the nights at the £76 price, but will be phoning again to change just as soon as Mark can wrangle with whoever he needs to at the hotel about Sunday night ;)

• Moderators

It might be that you got the last Sunday night room available - I think it was maybe mentioned on another forum that SM don't initially reserve quite so many rooms for the Sunday as they do other nights as a lot of people do leave. This might be incorrect of course.

• Moderators

If you search Friday-Monday online it will tell you there are no rooms - search Friday-Sunday and rooms come up - it won't offer you the rate for any nights online if you can't use it for them all.

Hopefully it will get sorted out soon so Friday-Monday is valid.

I tried booking on-line today and the code didn't work so will phone up and try now!

update!

I ended up getting a twin hilton delux with the room rate for two night's and then full on the Sunday but the nice lady said I can always phone and change that if the code gets sorted out for the 3rd night! total cost £229.14 so not awfully bad! I may or may not have someone with me, if they bail out then I will have a spair bed going so if anyone's interested let me know, all I ask is that you don't take all the hot water and if you want to contribute to the room cost that's fine but I understand completely if you can't. no worry's :unsure:

Edited by captainpixie