Hotel Code?

captainpixie

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has actually been bugging me for ages now, can't afford to book yet I just want a rough price for a double room+ breakie......

although wierdly when I last searched (before the code was released) if I tried to book for saturday to monday the rates were reduced and breakfast was included but with the friday to monday it wasn't - bizzzzzaaaarrreee!

here's hoping there's still rooms left when i finally get round to booking!! xD

also tar Erin for your wisdom hehe

:P

Has anyone managed to book a room for the Hilton at the convention rate yet? I've only just seen that the code is up on the website today after someone mentioned it on this forum but have heard that others are having trouble booking. Personally, I think Showmasters might still be in negotiations as I'm sure that there would have been an announcement on this forum telling us when we could book a room. Still, I'm sure they're not all sold out yet as the Hilton is a very large hotel and Showmasters can add more rooms so none of us need to be worrying too much at this specific moment in time. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

That sucks I really want to get the room booked asap!!!

EDIT: Just called up and they have no idea why the code isn't working as it's the same one they have. Just bookedwhile I was on the phone but they said they didn't have any twin rooms left so had to take a queen deluxe.

Edited by vampiric_kitten

• Moderators

The Hilton website has twin rooms available on those dates, but not the standard ones (and not under the code, obviously).

I might phone up when I get home and see what I can get - hopefully there's still SOMETHING available on the code.

I've only booked for the two nights because I can't afford to pay a lot extra for the third night. Sucks really because that means I will have to check out at 12 on the Sunday, when the con will still be going. Hopefully I can check out, drop my stuff into the car and then go back to the con, would be gutted if I had to miss anything.

• Moderators

I reckon I'll book now with a regular price room for the Sunday night and then if SM manage to get more Sunday night rooms added to the code, I'll phone the hotel up again and change the reservation - even if it means me spending a ridiculous amount of time on the phone.

Oh wow, I can't believe that the twin rooms have sold out, I'm sharing with my mum so one bed isn't really ideal. I really would have thought that it would have been announced here on this forum, we always got told not to reserve a room until we were told to book? We never were though, I hope some more twin rooms become available. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

• Showmasters Admin

I will speak to The Hilton on this tomorrow.

I have just tried but the person I need to talk to is not in.

I will let you all know what the situation is as soon as I can tomorrow.

Incidentally the hotel web booking code is now online and is GSUPE.

It can be found on our website HERE as can the details for The Hilton itself!

Thanks for your patience and I will get back to you on this tomorrow.

Mark :D