Battle For Christmas Number One

GoldenGreen

Fed up of another X Factor number one this Christmas, well there is an alternative , there is a Facebook campain supporting Rage Against The Machine's "Killing in the Name" with currently over 700,00 members, you can also donate and support homeless charity shelter, currently over £30,000 raised. The download for this single is currently ahead on iTunes, Amazon and HMV amongst others. You can pick it up on Amazon downloads for 29p.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are indeed buying it.... In their masses.. Although alot of people will be waiting for the physical single of the X-Factor,

When I last checked yesterday RATM were #1 and also #5 in the charts?! O_o How that works im not entirely sure... also Joe wasnt inside the top 10 at that time.

Alex

I'm just not a fan of the whole X Factor Christmas number one thing

I'm looking forward to 2010. December 8th next year will be the 30th anniversary of John Lennon's murder; if somebody is bright enough to stick out a release with Imagine and Happy Christmas (War Is Over) on it, it'll p*** all over whatever turgid crap Mr Cowell and his cronies foist upon us ;)

David stomped his foot and everything just then, I swear. :(

I personally love RATM but if you like the X Factor single, that's fine too. Like I said, I have nothing against Joe himself, I just prefer the other song! Also, I'm not too keen on the winner's song. I've been told it's a cover of a Miley Cyrus song (I wouldn't have know this as I don't listen to Miley) but I don't really know. I think the previous songs have been better.

Edited by Laurenx

Well, I like the X Factor song and have bought it. Rage or whoever they are are dreadful - Its Christmas, how about a cheerful nuber one!!!!

Like THE CLIMB is cheerful?

The irony of the RATM lyrics about NOT DOING WHAT THEY ARE BEING TOLD TO DO, but thousands are!!!

Anything to shut Cowell up...

I fail to see anything cheerful about a Geordie with teeth singing a dirge so awful you can't even remember how it goes even while he is still singing it!

A matter of opinion - I think 19 million people disagree with you :(

No where near 19 million who liked Joe. He received 63 % of the vote according to released figures. Also, how many people are actually going to buy it? No where near that..not even a million.

Rage Against The Machine all the way!!!!

Rage are not dreadful!

And DB starts a Mosh Pit!!!

I fail to see anything cheerful about a Geordie with teeth singing a dirge so awful you can't even remember how it goes even while he is still singing it!

A matter of opinion - I think 19 million people disagree with you :(

Yes 19 million people apparently tuned in but only a fraction of those voted and probably even less will actually buy the single so while a few may disagree it'll be nowhere near 19 million. And lets not forget a large percentage of those votes will have been made by hormonal teenagers who voted several times with their pocket money.

Rage all the way!!

Good luck to RATM. I think three consecutive Christmas number ones is enough. I know RATM isn't a Christmas song, but atleast its something different.

What we really need is to go back to when I was in my teens - all the best Christmas songs - Slade, Paul McCartney, Chris Rea, Wham, Do they know it's Christmas, Fairy Tale of New York.........the good old days for Christmas Music.

It's not about hating the x factor it's about being annoyed that it's taken as a given that they will be xmas number one. Even Simon said it in an interview "That's the winner's spot"!

EDIT: You forgot Shakin Stevens :D yes i'm sad!!!! Snow is fallin......

Edited by vampiric_kitten

I mentioned this on Facebook:

Who "actually" sits in front of the Radio every Sunday and totally cares about who is number 1? Who whole heartedly "CARES" who is number 1 every week? ;)

Some of you say its a Simon Cowell thing.....Simon Cowell will have number ones all year round! He doesn't give a fudge if RATM beat Joe! He still gets paid because the people who want to buy the single will still buy the single! They won't turn around and go "actually maybe I will buy RATM instead"!! ;)

Its not as if X-Factor are even blocking a decent Christmas song getting to number 1, lets face it, when was the last time there was a decent Christmas song released? :D

I understand that people have raised money for charity by downloading RATM, which is great, but thats not the reason people are downloading RATM.

As I mentioned before, people will still buy the single so you are not doing any harm to X-Factor or Simon Cowell, it's Joe that gets the punch in the stomach. :D

I personally don't give a flying monkeys who is number 1, I never listen to the charts and probably never will. It's the fact that Joe DID work hard to win to be able to release a single, surely that means he deserves his 5 minutes of fame? :P

Thanks for listening, just thought this was a one sided thread and needed a little sprucing up before xmas :WAVE:

• Moderators

There are actually probably more people buying the X Factor single (ie more money to line Simon Cowell's pockets) because of the campaign to stop it getting to #1 - people who might not have bought it, knowing he'd get to #1 without them, but now WILL buy it to 'fight back' against the RATM campaign.

Just to be clear, I haven't heard either song, and I'm not particularly inclined to seek either of them out. If you don't like the X Factor song, then don't buy/listen to it, no one is forcing you. It will either be #1 or it won't, and in a few more years most people won't remember if it was or not anyway...