Richard Speight Jr.

Laurenx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

bumping this because i think i may actually be in love with his character... like seriously :YAHOO::angel::P

You too huh?

Would love to meet him :D

yeps. he's been in all my fave episodes. and any excuse to watch dean die repeatidly in humourouse ways is always welcome

I want to meet him for Band of Brothers.

I would definitely get my boxset signed too - such a fab series.

I found something on the HBO boards a while ago posted by Skip Muck's neice, telling how Richard tracked down her family to talk to them about Skip in preparation for the role. The story that Skip tells in the series about swimming the Niagra river was true - it was something that Skip's sister told Richard, and he got the scriptwriters to put it into the script. One really weird coincidence - the family that Saving Private Ryan is based on (the family who lost three sons in the war so had their fourth sent home from the frontline) came from the same town as Skip and at school he was best friends with the real Private Ryan (though that wan't the family's real name). The part about the platoon having to search Ryan to bring him home is fictional however - he was located by a chaplain without any drama. I guess that wouldn't have made much of a movie though.

Edited by timpe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...