Civil War - Themed Party

Jemma

after searching the internet for months and finding nothing i found a lady a few days ago who actually makes civil war costumes for conventions and period dramas etc, so lady luck was on my side and i finally got one :D .if any of you have any last min emergencys let me know and i will give you her email xx

Does she have a website or anything? And what sort of prices are they? Id be very happy to get her details for future referance :D

Although my dress isnt sorted yet, my mum had pinned/hand stitched enough of it so i could have it on, done up and have my hooped skirt on under it. It looks pretty good i think :D

The hem really was wonky and out though. In general it was put together well but there are way too many mistakes with it. However, quite a few of us have got dress from the same person and it looks like its only me thats had problems, so thats ok xxx

after searching the internet for months and finding nothing i found a lady a few days ago who actually makes civil war costumes for conventions and period dramas etc, so lady luck was on my side and i finally got one :D .if any of you have any last min emergencys let me know and i will give you her email xx

Does she have a website or anything? And what sort of prices are they? Id be very happy to get her details for future referance :D

Although my dress isnt sorted yet, my mum had pinned/hand stitched enough of it so i could have it on, done up and have my hooped skirt on under it. It looks pretty good i think :D

The hem really was wonky and out though. In general it was put together well but there are way too many mistakes with it. However, quite a few of us have got dress from the same person and it looks like its only me thats had problems, so thats ok xxx

hiya , ahh bless ya mum bet shes been workin hard xx am sure you will look gorgeous babe xx her name is kerry, she can basically make anything you want including cosplay outfits . for a very good price! im not sure if she has a web site ? her email is kez.baker@yahoo.co.uk. just say julie told you about her .if you ever want anything making just email her a picture im sure she will do it for you.im gutted because i searched the internet for months for a jane voltori cape coat and couldnt find one for a decent price and she said she could of made one for us no problem. ahh well i know for next time xxx

Edited by blondie342009

so she makes any outfit not just civil war stuff?!

she might be able to help me with a few things I'm looking for!

[/quote

i had a chat with her last night and i was telling here about all the girls on here and how we all run round like headless chickens getting outfits lol she said she could make anything send her an email if you dont ask you dont get thats what i always say :D xx

so she makes any outfit not just civil war stuff?!

she might be able to help me with a few things I'm looking for!

i had a chat with her last night and i was telling here about all the girls on here and how we all run round like headless chickens getting outfits lol she said she could make anything send her an email if you dont ask you dont get thats what i always say :YAHOO: xx

Awww wow bless her. Just typical that you've only just come across her. ET4 though! Yay!

haha I can just see that now when the party themes for ET4 are announced this more lady will get hundreds of emails about dresses!

blondie342009 have you got any pics of your dress?

i told her she may get busy when the word gets out lol

i tried it on again yesterday an took one photo its on facebook heres the link http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1460...mp;l=a1018c0c4c

this was one she had already made i touched lucky really, im gonna get a custom made one soon in a colour of my choice, she has hundreds of dress patterns and material i thought id died and gone to victorian heaven :thumbup: lol.

xx

Edited by blondie342009

Ohhhh woooow! You really did touch lucky!

Oh oh oh I've finally found my grey velvet skirt so woohooo my outfit is pretty much finished....minus the underbust corset that isn't here yet! Lol! Now whether it will all look right 1ce it's all on remains to be seen lol!

Ohhhh woooow! You really did touch lucky!

Oh oh oh I've finally found my grey velvet skirt so woohooo my outfit is pretty much finished....minus the underbust corset that isn't here yet! Lol! Now whether it will all look right 1ce it's all on remains to be seen lol!

I`m sure you`ll look lovely :D x

I don't know yet. Just about to leave work. Need to pop into town and buy some last minute bits and bobs. Also remembered I need a bag! Oh dear! Hopefully I'll find one! I'm tempted not to take one tbh and just take my camera lol!

blondie342009 your dress is lovely,

am I the only person not going to the party in the dress? I'm dressed in an army uniform outfit.

am I the only person not going to the party in the dress? I'm dressed in an army uniform outfit.

:poki: underbust corset hasn't arrived yet! Although there was a card left by the post office so something has turned up but dunno what! Hmmmm will either be my Alice waistcoat orrrr my underbust corset orrrr my Bella shoes!

How many people are going in dresses? I've borrowed a Gone With The Wind esque dress from my friend who is a theatre wardrobe mistress. I don't want to be the only one going around in a poofball.

dont worry there are 8 of us going in poofs lol dont know how were all going to use the ladies room thats gonna be tricky :poki: i dont think i will get through the door ha ha wonder how well poofs and drink will go together :rolleyes: xx

thanks jen uniform is great 2 to we could all have a photo together wouldnt that be loverly xx

wow thats so lovely if you dont mind me asking how much did she charge you for it?

I'm happy my bag and necklace finally arrived in the post today

she doesnt normally hire them out but seens she had this anyway she let me .she normally charges around £130 for a custom made dress depending on the material you want etc but that is an amazing price when you think they are one off pieces xx

I don't know yet. Just about to leave work. Need to pop into town and buy some last minute bits and bobs. Also remembered I need a bag! Oh dear! Hopefully I'll find one! I'm tempted not to take one tbh and just take my camera lol!

hope everything comes in time for you babe theres just never enough time is there ,i still need things but ive just give up now just have to make do. it all gets a bit out of hand and way to expensive its never ending ! xxx

Didn't go into town in the end as wanted to get home and dye my hair. MUST go to town today after work. Hair went wrong so need to get another dye. Ugh don't really have the time to dye it again but I really should! I'm actually tempted to do it whilst at ET3 lol!

Edited by twilight obsessive