General Rambling

dragonsanddaffodils

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo Guy's!

Hiiii! I'm VERY new to these kinda event's! in fact Collectamania was my first con actually with you guy's so I don't actually know ANYONE! Buuuut! me and Jools had such a fantastic time, we along with my friend, his Mum and two of her other children are gearing up to go to RoadHouse.

I'm 27, I tend to ramble and I get VERY enthusiastic about thing's :) we are are all MASSIVE SPN fans and can't wait for next September to roll around :)

Jools?? Oh i adored mini Cas! He was one of my highlights of the entire Collectormania London weekend..

Welcome!

HEHE :)

And hopefully Jools shall be making a second appearance lol!

me and his Mum. We kinda put our head's together and I've said if she can't make it I will take Jools with me along with Alex who REALLY wants to come. Alex wants to go as Dean bless him :)

I'm soooo looking forward to this, I set up a savings account just for it, it's now my RoadHouse fund [no really that's what it's actually called] so I'm hoping I will have enough. I've brought my ticket already but if I end up with small people then my seat will go to them, will flip a coin between talks to see who gets it, that way it cuts out the arguing lol!

I know, I know why buy a ticket that gives you a decent seat if your just gunner give it up to the kid's and I say because I'm taller than them and I can stand if needs be :(

I'm Pagan myself so I already know the property's of salt and iron and all that jazz. Kripke mixes up allot of mythology in the show and frankly I'm glad I'm a mythology nut. I can watch the show and go yeah that would work, if not for ect,ect lol! Like the devils traps, that's just the keys of Solomon mixed up a little. it's actually two of the key's combined and I think, I'm not sure on this, but the two mixed up might actually work as a decent devils trap BUT it's only a theory. it also depends on what you believe in as well.

The show isn't real, we all know that but depending on your beliefs, some of the subject matter is. Like for salt, it draws negative crap to it, it can purify and expel negative energy, a ring of salt around yourself is suppose to protect you from more than Ghost's too. so in theory it's workable as a weapon against ghost's.

But then like I said it depends on what you believe and what you don't. to most people salt is what it is, salt! nothing more nothing less but then to some a cross is just a cross!

Edited by captainpixie

• Moderators

I have a 'cons' account. Which actually has a standing order from my current account to go into it every month, and I add whatever extra I can afford that month.

Gotta spread the cost over the whole year or I just can't do all these things lol.

I have a 'cons' account. Which actually has a standing order from my current account to go into it every month, and I add whatever extra I can afford that month.

Gotta spread the cost over the whole year or I just can't do all these things lol.

Don't I know it. Theirs no way I could afford something like this on short notice, no way! it's going to take me most of next year to save up for this and WadFest.

• Moderators

So far I have 3 weekend cons booked next year (as in ticket bought) and will probably have a fourth at minimum, so year-round saving is very much required.

And that's even before I think about signing events, or the masses of west end shows I'm bound to go to...

OMG!! that is just genius! and pure dedication right there!!!

=x=

• Moderators

=x=

I started off saving up last minute for stuff, and that just wasn't working. I like having a set aside amount that is especially for cons (makes me feel less guilty about spending it all on said cons).

And I quit my gym membership a couple months ago, and decided 'hey, I can send that money straight into cons instead'.

=x=

I started off saving up last minute for stuff, and that just wasn't working. I like having a set aside amount that is especially for cons (makes me feel less guilty about spending it all on said cons).

And I quit my gym membership a couple months ago, and decided 'hey, I can send that money straight into cons instead'.

i like your thinking!!! very sensible!!

=x=

i have the bank of boyfriend who borows the money off me then gives it all back in a big lump. tis cons all paid for as far as i can work out.

i also have the bank of mam although she needs to be appeased with offerings of kittens and the such.

trip to the cat and dog shelter after christmas.

i have the bank of boyfriend who borows the money off me then gives it all back in a big lump. tis cons all paid for as far as i can work out.

i also have the bank of mam although she needs to be appeased with offerings of kittens and the such.

trip to the cat and dog shelter after christmas.

I wish my Mama could be bought so easily lol!

But then we are kinda dirt poor so I wouldn't dream of asking her...then again I wouldn't ask if if she HAD the money she'd only tell me to find a way of funding it myself lol!

Anyway I'm seeing this as a good exercise in self control!

I owed my Mum £100, which she then said would be my Christmas money, so i asked if i could just put it towards a silver ticket, and she said yes, so now i get £100 less for Christmas, but get a shiny silver ticket to Roadhouse, so im happy :D

She also put my £50 birthday money towards my ticket to Eternal Twilight 3 :) I love my Mum :)

Edited by Emmeh

Thought I should come and introduce myself.

Hi I'm Julie, I used to go to cons years ago, but stopped when I got married and had my son.

It's not my husband's sort of thing at all!

However after getting involved in Supernatural fandom last year, and being a huge Misha Collins fan, I couldn't pass up the chance to go and meet him at Collectormania

I had a wonderful time and met lots of other fans.

I've now been bitten by the con bug again and can't wait to go to this.

I'll be going on my own, but I know lots of other people going from twitter who I met up with at Collectormania.

Hopefully I will make lots of new friends too :D

Hi I'm Julie, I used to go to cons years ago, but stopped when I got married and had my son.

However after getting involved in Supernatural fandom last year, and being a huge Misha Collins fan, I couldn't pass up the chance to go and meet him at Collectormania

I'll be going on my own, but I know lots of other people going from twitter who I met up with at Collectormania.

Hopefully I will make lots of new friends too ;)

;) hey welcome! simalar thing with me the ex hated the cons so i stopped, now i pick and chose and he's my ex lol.

• Moderators

I only started doing cons this year - wasn't until late last year that it occurred to me at all that I could actually go meet people from the shows I loved - but I've made so many friends through them.

The friend I'm coming to Roadhouse with I only met through the Torchwood fandom and cons!

Hopefully I will make lots of new friends too :D

Hello you! Don't worry, the minion forces will be there to look after you *hugs*

Hopefully I will make lots of new friends too :wub:

:D hey welcome! simalar thing with me the ex hated the cons so i stopped, now i pick and chose and he's my ex lol.

Hi :dance: Thanks for the welcome. I haven't had to do anything as drastic as getting rid of him........yet lol