General Rambling

dragonsanddaffodils

Well, in other forums we have had general rambling threads to get to know each other before the cons, so I thought it would be nice to have one in here

My names Rhi, am a con newbie! completely!

Only started at LFCC 09 and loved it! then went to Twi proms Birmingham and ET2 and crewed Collectormania London, and jealously watched everyone else going to the various other cons. Wanted to go to Hallowhedon (since our wedding anniversary is halloween!) and Chevron and Hub, but well, funds only allow so much :(

We tend to go as a family too, so always need four tickets.

Will be coming to this with my hubbie Kev and boys Kieran 14 and Matthew 11

Absolutely cannot wait for this, havent bought our tickets yet, but have to pay for christmas first! :blink: but will so be there! :YAHOO:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I'm Erin, and I started out at cons just this year too - Hub2 was my first.

Went to Hubs 2 and 3 with my sister, am going to this one (and Hub 4) with one of the good friends I've made because of cons!

Going silver (again) for this one - put it on the credit card so it won't need ACTUAL paying for until after Christmas!

I'm Hils. Been going to Showmasters events for about five years although mostly limited to Collectormania and Film and Comic Con. I did Hallowhedon this year and it is hands down the best con I have ever done which is why I was really excited to hear they'd be running an SPN con

Can't wait!

Have bought a gold ticket as I thoroughly enjoyed the drinks reception at Hallowhedon (even if I was too busy chatting to my friends to talk to any of the guests. LOL)

HUGE fan of Misha Collins and crossing my fingers and toes he'll be over for this

Hi Erin :YAHOO: The Hubs looked really good! Great guests :(

I have one of those horrible credit cards that clears in full every month, so dont have that option :(

But if there are still tickets left after christmas, then I can do it after the 13th Jan and not have to pay until 13th Feb

If it starts to sell out too quick, then I can buy after the 13th December :blink: Just too much bill shuffling would be required lol :D

Hi Hils, think we were typing at the same time lol

I was so jealous of everyone going to hallowhedon, awesome guests! :D

I got a pic with misha at CML and was gobsmacked with his "well hello there" as you go in for your photo lol

Couldnt go to the talk though cos I was crewing, but that was an experience I wouldnt have given up either. So I really hope misha comes to this, I could hear all the laughing from where I was working :D

Edited by Rhianydd

• Moderators

I clear mine every month too, but my statement comes through tomorrow I think, so it won't be on this month's statement :) So won't have payment due until start of February.

I really wanted to go to Hallowhedon too, but it was just too close to Hub 3 for me. And yeah, both Hubs have been great - and Hub 4 promises to be great too, I think!

Gonna be spending a small fortune on cons this coming year, it seems...

Hi Hils, think we were typing at the same time lol

I was so jealous of everyone going to hallowhedon, awesome guests! :blink:

I got a pic with misha at CML and was gobsmacked with his "well hello there" as you go in for your photo lol

Couldnt go to the talk though cos I was crewing, but that was an experience I wouldnt have given up either. So I really hope misha comes to this, I could hear all the laughing from where I was working :YAHOO:

The talk was great, and I was one of those crazies who had a photo shoot on both days and got three autographs over the weekend. LOL! What can I say. I'm a fan. LOL!

He was lovely. Really friendly and chatty, still smiling at the end of the day when he was telling me how exhausted he was. Absolute gem of a guest.

lol I know what you mean

I was very close to buying a chevron ticket, but it is end of january, so that is to soon to ET3 for me :D Plus housebroken, but well, which do you choose? I really want to fit in hallowhedon this year too, just me and my hubby :blink:

I am also going to keep my fingers crossed to crew LFCC and collectormania, cos those shows were fantastic! Would love to crew again :YAHOO: A fantastic weekend :(

Just means hopefully a con filled year :D

I'm Gemma but usually write on behalf of myself & my sis Carly as we attend cons together. went to our first con this year, being Hallowhedon and OMG, fanfrickintastic. Then it was Collectormania London for Misha( :YAHOO: ), Shannen & Brian. Will be going to Hallowhedon 2(gold 24 & 25) hopefully attending Bitten and WILL DEFINATELY be buying our tix to Roadhouse in the next couple of days :blink: ! Cant wait for 2010, gunna be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

Heh, it's nuts isn't it that I've only just bought my tickets, but I really can't wait to see what ticket numbers me and my friend have for this- I have grown to like knowing in advance when I buy my Hub tickets at the previous one lol.

Hopefully fairly low silvers, since I ordered them (for the both of us) yesterday evening just a couple of hours after they went on sale!

Hey I'm Sarah-Louise and I'm a convention addict!

I've been going to Showmaster cons since March of this year!

I've been to The Hub 2, London Film and Comic Con, The Hub 3 and Collectormania London!

I loved all of them!

And I even crewed at Collectormania!

Next year I'm planning to go to the Hub 4, London Film and Comic Con 2010, Roadhouse and The Hub 5!

Have bought a gold ticket for Roadhouse as I had Silver at Hub 3 and it was the best money I'd ever spent so Gold seems like the best option :blink:

I'm Chantelle, from Newcastle

first ever convention was LFCC, later crewed Dimensions and CM:London

Preferred LFCC as i didnt have as many sigs to get but preferred CM as i absolutely loved crewing there and made LOADS of friends.

Hopefully next year i will be asked to crew Dimensions and CM London, as well as LFCC hopefully. i want to go to CM Glasgow too as it's the closer convention .. hopefully :D haha

i will hopefully be able to attend Roadhouse .. i have just gotten the first two seasons of supernatural for xmas and so will sit and watch them :) and i watch all the tv eps too. fave person would be jared paladecki .. he's a babe :) nuff said ;)

sorry for any spelling mistakes. my keyboard is on lag

• Showmasters Admin

Lol I set up another thread for introductions because I thought this was just rambling like in the other sections, but just come in here and saw folks introducng themselves, *face desk* doh!!! Oh wells!

I'm SJ... I like to make eyes and headlamps glow... lol. That is all. :D

*hugs*

xox

Now I'm trying to figure out where to introduce myself, here or the formal introductions thread. D:

Hey! I'm Sophie. I've been going to conventions since mid-2008 and my current total stands at a perfect ten, but only three of those have been Showmasters events, two of which I've crewed for. I'm trying to cut back in 2010, so Roadhouse will potentially be my thirteenth event.

I think I potentially have Hils matched for Misha Collins adoration: I too got a picture with him each day at Collectormania, and somehow ended up in front of his table four times during the course of the weekend. I... may have done all of this whilst wearing a light-up halo. I'm not proud. (Fun, though!)

I've already got my ticket (gold) and will shortly commence my search for the perfect party dress, which will inevitably take me right up until the day before the con itself to complete.

Edited by Zee

Lol I set up another thread for introductions because I thought this was just rambling like in the other sections, but just come in here and saw folks introducng themselves, *face desk* doh!!! Oh wells!

I'm SJ... I like to make eyes and headlamps glow... lol. That is all. ;)

*hugs*

xox

but you are so good at it :D

sorry if I embarassed you at Bronsons cash desk by saying "ooh You're SJ" lol Doh! lol

Its my fault there are introductions, lol but we can do the proper intro thread as well too, I think we are all being polite at the moment :D

Just cant believe we actually have a ME supernatural con :D;)

Hi to everyone I havent met before and Chantelle :P lol :wub:

Right! back to work! I am supposed to be doing a Lion king cake tonight, and all of a sudden it is midnight, and mustafa looks distinctly maneless lol

Edited by Rhianydd

• Showmasters Admin

but you are so good at it :D

sorry if I embarassed you at Bronsons cash desk by saying "ooh You're SJ" lol Doh! lol

Lol, I sort of heard 'oh you're sj' and was a little like, huh? what's going on!!!! Lol. Yeh, I didn't really get to see ya at CML I was hidden away in my SJ-cave most of the weekend lol, ;)

Just sent ya an email, keep an eye out, :wub:

*hugs*

SJ

xox

I'm Chantelle, from Newcastle

first ever convention was LFCC, later crewed Dimensions and CM:London

Preferred LFCC as i didnt have as many sigs to get but preferred CM as i absolutely loved crewing there and made LOADS of friends.

Hopefully next year i will be asked to crew Dimensions and CM London, as well as LFCC hopefully. i want to go to CM Glasgow too as it's the closer convention .. hopefully :D haha

i will hopefully be able to attend Roadhouse .. i have just gotten the first two seasons of supernatural for xmas and so will sit and watch them :) and i watch all the tv eps too. fave person would be jared paladecki .. he's a babe :) nuff said :wub:

sorry for any spelling mistakes. my keyboard is on lag

Ohh you're from nearish me, I'm from Middlesbrough, good to see another north east person! =P

I went to my first SM event for CM London and I loved it, for Misha mainly, he is class! Looking forward to this one too. My name is Laura btw ;)