I give up

elullatook

Any chance House Broken had as now been scuppered....with the SN con been announced it might as well be cancelled so people can spend there money on that one..

I do not know why you are even waiting this long or not replying to any enquiries.

Put us out of our miseries.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see how the two are even related?

So everyone waiting for tickets for housebroken are not gonna want SN instead....i mean it is suppose to be the most popular show on earth ?

I have tickets to HB so i do not want it to cancel but i think the SN con will be the final nail in the vamp coffin...so to speak.

• Moderators

Well, the events are 6/7 months apart for a start.

A lot of people will wait to see which guests go to the Supernatural one.

And I'm not aware of a lot of crossover between fans.

It's not 'the most popular show on earth' by a long shot. It just has a very passionate fanbase.

I kinda see where you are coming from.

A lot of people were holding off from this convention because they couldn't afford it at the moment with all the others and now a new convention has been announced so there is another convention people can spend their money on instead of this one. Now whilst not all BH fans will be SPN fans (I myself am not a fan of SPN at all) some I imagine will.

It may not completely bang the nail in the coffin but I don't think it will help either.

I am still hoping and praying that Housebroken goes ahead

D x

• Moderators

There have been several conventions announced since this one, and yet suddenly because a Supernatural one has also been announced, THAT is the one that is going to stop people going to this?

*doesn't understand the logic at all*

The fandom for Supernatural and Being Human doesn't overlap any more than the Being Human fandom overlaps with any of the other shows SM/ME are running conventions for in 2010... probably LESS than the overlap with a lot of them, actually. If people aren't going to this con, I'd bet that for the vast majority of them the reason WON'T be that there's a Supernatural convention 7 months later.

Edited by etmuse

I'm meaning, that SMs efforts will now be ploughed into the Supernatural con. It's only a matter of time before they announce this one is cancelled, which is a shame because once the second season is out I bet it becomes the hit of the year.

Thing is, i could have put my £195 into a savings fund and earned 7 months worth of interest and then bought my ticket. So much for putting in 100% support early!

• Moderators

SM/ME have proved in the past that they're more than capable of giving attention to more than one convention at a time. If they didn't think they had the time to organise all of the events they put on, they wouldn't put them on.

I have never seen so many cons for 2009/2010.

I have supported Showmasters since Collectormania 2003... There are loads more cons now... and good for them... if they can support them.

I have been on the end of one cancellation, and two poor shows. And now I have what looks like another cancellation coming up. And this has been within the 18 months or so.

• Moderators

I don't think it's fair for you to be saying that the show sucks. No one is coming on here and saying Being Human sucks or anything like that, so please try and be a little polite.

Massive Events are BIG Being Human fans, hence why you even got this convention in the first place, so they will as much as they can to make this work. However, if people don't buy tickets then they can't do much else.

There being a Supernatural convention makes no difference. I highly doubt anyone expected ME/SM to never announce anything ever again until this event had happened.

I don't think it's fair for you to be saying that the show sucks. No one is coming on here and saying Being Human sucks or anything like that, so please try and be a little polite.

Massive Events are BIG Being Human fans, hence why you even got this convention in the first place, so they will as much as they can to make this work. However, if people don't buy tickets then they can't do much else.

There being a Supernatural convention makes no difference. I highly doubt anyone expected ME/SM to never announce anything ever again until this event had happened.

Sorry David,you are right I shouldn't have said that Supernatural sucks. Thing is... it's rare we have a good homegrown series... and yes I am being biased, but alot better then some of the American stuff - not all - True Blood is brilliant! So I just want to see support for it.

Ah.. well... I guess appreciation comes with age.. like good wine! :D

I'm afraid SHowmasters are not interested in this anymore. It's Supernatural now, which I wouldn't mind if that series didn't suck big time!

Ooh, thats not fair

I love Being Human, this con would be brilliant, after seeing Russell Tovey on Buzzcocks, well, he was awesome! but I have limited funds to spend on cons cos we go as a family, so am not able to come to this con at this time.

But SM/ME have really tried with this, same as with all cons, dont think it is fair to say they dont care,

I hope for everyones sake that this con can go ahead, but just dont think it is fair to blame anyone.

Edited by Rhianydd

• Moderators

I like 'em both. They're hugely different shows, so I like them in completely different ways, but I wouldn't say either was necessarily BETTER than the other. Just different.

And the existence of an SPN con isn't the reason I'm not coming to this event - the existence of a prior commitment on my part is.

Considering the tickets have been on sale since May...when i brought my GOLD ticket...i find the excuse of not enough funds from some peeps a bit lame.

I have no extra cash and now have not been to a con since last year because of it..but i still managed to support this one.

I know many peeps on these topics will support SM no matter what anyone says but we do have the right to voice out opinions with out being shot down.

I love Being Human and watched it the 3 times it has been shown on the box ...can not wait till series 2..( here they are series not seasons )...and i so want this to happen.

"Cross over' fan talk is not really an issue....Shows like Chevron and Hub and Bitten will sell out simply because they have such a following and the same will be for SN..no matter who the guests are.

The cons are expensive and i had to choose between Bittern and HB..would love to afford both and fans of BH and SN are gonna be in the same position and i know which one most of them would pick.

• Moderators

The only thing I never like when it comes to these conventions is if certain fanbases start getting at each other.

I've seen the Twilight fans shot down by other fans because they've had a lot of guests etc, which isn't really fair.

Same happened back in the day when Lord Of The Rings was huge, and there were a lot of guests attending the signing events.

In the end it shouldn't be about Being Human fans being against anyone else or whatever.

The only thing I never like when it comes to these conventions is if certain fanbases start getting at each other.

I've seen the Twilight fans shot down by other fans because they've had a lot of guests etc, which isn't really fair.

Same happened back in the day when Lord Of The Rings was huge, and there were a lot of guests attending the signing events.

In the end it shouldn't be about Being Human fans being against anyone else or whatever.

Let me first say i have nothing against peeps who like SN..thats their choice..i live with someone who will never watch anything i like so i know what it is like to be picked on.

I just think that maybe the announcment of a SN con should maybe have been delayed to give HB a chance.

I never go and winge on the Twilight threads even though its not my cup of tea and i think its fab that it gets so many guests. I just wish SM could have held off. SN is gonna be a winner hands down no matter who attends.

And i have been around long enough not to be daft enough to know that Hb will lose out to SN.

• Moderators

I'm still not seeing why the announcement of SPN con has more impact on Housebroken than the announcements of ANY of the other cons that have been made since tickets for this went on sale.

The only people who might be 'lost' from this event because of the SPN one are people into both fandoms, and from posts made on this board recently, it would appear that this is FAR from the majority of the Being Human fandom.

Personally, I'd think there's more competition for attendees to this event from Bitten/the Eternal Twilights than there is from Roadhouse. But maybe I'm missing some evidence somewhere.

I agree that this event probably has a lot more competition from the Twiglet events, rather than Supernatural, but I think the original poster has a valid point, in that the sheer number of events is diluting a static fanbase*. I've said repeatedly that the only way to improve this situation, is to look at different ways of advertising, to increase the fanbase*, which I don't think has been done.

*When i refer to 'fanbase', I mean the Showmasters/Massive Events fanbase, rather than the Being Human one.