Jensen Ackles Request Thread

Doctor Who

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's doing aperences next year. yes maybe he's being a bit more selective now but that doesn't mean that we should rule him out of this one.

i have had chaces to go to other spn cons but chosen not to as i dont like the way they are run and dont like the way guests have been treated.

i know sm look after there guests well and that makes for guests wanting to come back for more.

he's doing aperences next year. yes maybe he's being a bit more selective now but that doesn't mean that we should rule him out of this one.

i have had chaces to go to other spn cons but chosen not to as i dont like the way they are run and dont like the way guests have been treated.

i know sm look after there guests well and that makes for guests wanting to come back for more.

If I was a fan of someone I wouldn't wait on a hope and a prayer that they turn up one day at the particular event I want them to, I would take whatever chance I had to meet them full stop.

I've been to SM events so I know they are very well organised and enjoyable but I also know that other events a. run pretty much the same in a basic sense and b. that you can't comment on something if you didn't attend. I've attended a variety of events so have a basis for comparison. I've greatly enjoyed virtually every event I've attended including the SM ones - you get out what you put in basically.

Making assumptions about how guests have been treated is just basing decisions on rumour and not fact unfortunately.

Edited by katandra

Well, my parents have only just started to let me go to conventions so when he's been in the UK before, I've never had the chance to meet him. I really would love him for this event but obviously he's very busy and might not be available but hopefully if he can't make this, he'll be able to make a future Roadhouse if there are future Roadhouses. Jensen really would be the number one guest for me, he's just so awesome and I'd absolutely love to get the chance to meet him. :P

Edited by Doctor Who

If I was a fan of someone I wouldn't wait on a hope and a prayer that they turn up one day at the particular event I want them to, I would take whatever chance I had to meet them full stop.

I've been to SM events so I know they are very well organised and enjoyable but I also know that other events a. run pretty much the same in a basic sense and b. that you can't comment on something if you didn't attend. I've attended a variety of events so have a basis for comparison. I've greatly enjoyed virtually every event I've attended including the SM ones - you get out what you put in basically.

Making assumptions about how guests have been treated is just basing decisions on rumour and not fact unfortunately.

for your information i have been to other cons by other organisers but have stopped going and i don't personaly like the way they are run. having been ignored and treated rudely by the staff after asking for help ( i was on crutches at the time) i was compleatly ignored. i feel i have a right to comment on them. also how can you possibly know anything about me and my experiences?

i am a fan but i'm not getting my hopes up on them attending this con. im a massive zachary quinto fan and have been for some time, but i do not have the money as you obviously do to travel all over the world and go to every con just on the off chance i may meet him, hey great if i do finally get to meet him but im not going to spend beyond my means or put myslef in to situations where i dont feel comfortable. i have a life outside of conventions that has to be paid for.

all i said was i know that every guest that i have talked to in the past has been happy with the way that they have been treated by sm staff and the attendees and have come back and spread the word that they are good people to work with.

with that in mind im trying to stay positive i'm sorry if that offends you in any way.

plus theres a bouncy castle involved in this that has me sold

for your information i have been to other cons by other organisers but have stopped going and i don't personaly like the way they are run. having been ignored and treated rudely by the staff after asking for help ( i was on crutches at the time) i was compleatly ignored. i feel i have a right to comment on them. also how can you possibly know anything about me and my experiences?

i am a fan but i'm not getting my hopes up on them attending this con. im a massive zachary quinto fan and have been for some time, but i do not have the money as you obviously do to travel all over the world and go to every con just on the off chance i may meet him, hey great if i do finally get to meet him but im not going to spend beyond my means or put myslef in to situations where i dont feel comfortable. i have a life outside of conventions that has to be paid for.

all i said was i know that every guest that i have talked to in the past has been happy with the way that they have been treated by sm staff and the attendees and have come back and spread the word that they are good people to work with.

with that in mind im trying to stay positive i'm sorry if that offends you in any way.

plus theres a bouncy castle involved in this that has me sold

My apologies, your original message said you had had chances to go but didn't which implied you had not met them so I thought you meant you hadn't been to any of them. It's a shame you had a bad enough experience to put you off going.

At the same time though you've made the same assumption about me and my experiences by saying I 'obviously' have money to travel all over the world and been to all the SN conventions. Yes I have been to one convention abroad, which I didn't pay the majority of costs towards incidentally, and I've been on proper actual holidays abroad which are far more important to me than any convention could ever be, but I've not been to multiple ones abroad. I'm just saying it's not like the opportunity hasn't been there that's all. I completely have a life away from conventions too thanks, didn't really like your insinuation there, but for those of us who have been lucky enough to meet the guys before the attitude that that hasn't been possible before is highly offensive. I understand completely about not mentioning other events but there's a big world of difference between not discussing other events and behaving as if no-one could meet people from Supernatural until SM announced this event, we all know that's not true.

I don't think you can judge how good a convention will be based purely on the organiser because as toosmall also says, I've been to multiple cons by the same organiser and they've been completely different to each other. To the best of my knowledge the Supernatural guests haven't had problems with how they've been treated at any events and this has been supported in some cases by people who would definitely know. Either way they continue to do them so either there's not been anything discouraging them or in the case of the main guys especially the money is enough for them not to care.

I have to admit, I wouldn't mind if Jensen were announced for this convention . I was at the first one he attended, and due to the rules at that time, it was strictly official items only, and signed in black sharpie only.

I wanted a Smallville autograph from him, but they only had official Supernatural items, and I could not find anything at that time, that could be classed as official.

So for that reason, I never went to the next con that he attended due to those rules. So hopefully there is still a chance that he may at some point attend a Massive Events Convention, or maybe just one of the events.

Pez: If you read this, I'm not sure if you already know, but google is your friend in relation to Zachary Quinto and UK appearances... ;) Just a friendly heads up, as no more information can be given here.

Edited by gebes

I believe pez was trying to say they havent had the opportunity PERSONALLY. for what ever reason that is personal to them.

can we quit arguing and get back to the purpose of this thread...

wouldnt it be cool IF Jensen could come to Roadhouse! Yes it would!! *nods*

=x=

I would love it if Jensen came over for this, but realistically, I don't think it's going to happen. Timewise, it wouldn't work - if they get a season 6, they'll be filming, and there is no way for them to get over here for a weekend. If it was happening between say April-early June, there might have been a chance (both boys have signed up to many international cons during this time), but Sept? Nope.

I wouldn't get my hopes up with getting the main boys over for this con, but that's what I go over to America for - I'll be getting my J2 fix in LA. Personally I love the guest stars at these types of events, as they are the ones who are physically able to give people more of their time. When the boys are in attendence, every single possible second they are there are squeezed and used, and it doesn't give them a lot of chance to really talk to people. It's a shame, but I suppose it's what has to happen in order for them to get through the many fans there to see them.

Jensen is always top of my list for people to meet, but there are also a lot of other stars I adore meeting again and again - and they're the ones I bought a ticket to see really :wub: .

Would love-love-love to meet Jensen. Top of my list as I've already met Misha. And Robs already coming.... he was 3rd on the list, Jared 2nd ofc, Richard was kinda tied with Rob haha, I so want him to come to RH.

But Jensen! GAWD I'd love to meet him....

I've now watched the first six episodes of Supernatural series four and the latest episode, Yellow Fever, was just so fantastic. Jensen was awesome as scared Dean and hilarious too, especially when the cat jumped out of the locker and he screamed. Haha, plus the Eye of the Tiger scene at the end was brilliant. If I could choose one guest and one guest only for this event then it'd have to be Jensen, pretty please can you ask him Showmasters and Massive Events? Thanks. :YAHOO::dance:

Edited by Doctor Who

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...