Who has their ticket already?

TRUKid

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aarrr, thanks ever so, guys! I'm not a huge fan of drinks receptions, but then again, I'll probably regret not going gold when SM announce somebody really, really awesome. Seems I've got a difficult decision to make, and fast!

I feel your pain bb.

I really do.

I'm going to have to do lots of creative saving to be able to afford this one!

• Moderators

Basically it comes down to whether the drinks reception (and seats nearer the front in talks) would be worth the extra £60 to you to go Gold.

And whether you think you will want a photoshoot with every guest doing one, which would make silver more cost effective than standard.

And whether you think you will want a photoshoot with every guest doing one, which would make silver more cost effective than standard.

I can second that. Had to go Standard at Hub3 and literally spent all my money (and some of my Mum's too) getting the photoshoot tickets. When you add it all up, it's a lot better paying that bit extra for a Silver to begin with

• Moderators

I can second that. Had to go Standard at Hub3 and literally spent all my money (and some of my Mum's too) getting the photoshoot tickets. When you add it all up, it's a lot better paying that bit extra for a Silver to begin with

Yep, you usually end up paying MORE by getting standard and then individual photoshoots than you would just getting silver.

Of course, if you aren't going to want photos with everyone, then standard can still work out better.

(I like the photoshoots, even if I normally hate pictures of me...)

I would buy mine this instant but I can't afford it right now.

Unless.................do you think I can survive a month without food?

Well considering I've been living on mostly pasta lately I'm pretty sure you could :WINCE:

I'm just wondering if it's worth buying a silver now and then finding out there's only 2 people I'd want a photoshoot with (atm I'd be happy if only Misha and AJ Buckley turned up. I'd probably freak if I ever met Jensen so idk if I'd actually even want a pic with him =/)

There's just the cost of it & what if noone that I *really* want turn up (or people that I could just see at collectormania) That said though I want to be at least silver seats for the talks.

IDK someone choose for me!

And one other thing people, what's the benefit of staying at the hotel vs kipping on my mates sofa in Brum? Cause I know I can't afford that on top yet (unless I start saving now and just don't spend any money except on food and rent til the code goes up)

• Showmasters Admin

And one other thing people, what's the benefit of staying at the hotel vs kipping on my mates sofa in Brum? Cause I know I can't afford that on top yet (unless I start saving now and just don't spend any money except on food and rent til the code goes up)

Here's 8 off the top of my head.......

1: Once you're there you're there, no travel time each morning and night.

2: Also you save (a small amount) by not paying for travel to and from your friends place.

3: You get to stay in bed longer.

4: Will your friend cook you a full English breakfast?

5: You have somewhere to crash during the day if you need to.

6: You have somewhere to get changed for the parties (and keep your party clothes during the day).

7: You have somewhere to take your signed stuff so you don't have to carry it with you all day.

8: It's only a 2 minute stagger to your bed at the end of the night.

Edited by Too Tall

Here's 8 off the top of my head.......

1: Once you're there you're there, no travel time each morning and night.

2: Also you save (a small amount) by not paying for travel to and from your friends place.

3: You get to stay in bed longer.

4: Will your friend cook you a full English breakfast?

5: You have somewhere to crash during the day if you need to.

6: You have somewhere to get changed for the parties (and keep your party clothes during the day).

7: You have somewhere to take your signed stuff so you don't have to carry it with you all day.

8: It's only a 2 minute stagger to your bed at the end of the night.

Well okay then! You've got me convinced. I guess I need to badger someone into being my roomie or something. I admit I had forgotten about the parties.

I was gold at the last con, but am going to go standard for this, only cos I have to buy four tickets. Plus I am not a big fan of photoshoots and dont think i am going to want pics with everyone anyway, so I dont mind buying the odd ones

Will definitely stay at the hilton though, stayed there in september, and its a lovely hotel

having stayed only down the road from a con before an found that a pain, I would rather stay in the con hotel from now on

just got to wait a bit before I can get tickets, but jola usually gives us updates.

Nice already having the party themes etc too :whistling:

cant wait, it is going to be fantastic :rolleyes:

• Moderators

Staying in the con hotel definitely makes things easier. The ability to just nip up to your room to pick stuff up/drop stuff off throughout the day and evening is a bigger bonus than you'd expect!

Well okay then! You've got me convinced. I guess I need to badger someone into being my roomie or something. I admit I had forgotten about the parties.

If you can share a room with one or two other people, it really makes a lot of sens to stay at the hotel! :whistling:

It's gunner take me 3 months to save up for Silver so I may end up going for standard if their sold out by then :/ but I aim to have brought said tickets by the end of February at the very latest, then pay for the hotel by the end April, then all I have to do it save up for travel and spending cash :whistling:

I really want to do this with my best friend, I may end up convincing her yet but I'm not holding my breath as she's a single Mum of four :rolleyes: and the kid's would LOVE to come along to this as well poor buggers!

Still if I have to go it alone....so be it, I really wanner go dammit!

Just bought a Gold ticket for me and my friend. We went Standard at The Hub 2 and two of the signings on the Sunday clashed with the talks, which was a little awkward (although I have to say Showmasters did a fabulous job of getting us through Burn's queue as quickly as possible so in the end I didn't miss anything). But at Hub 3 and Hallowhedon we went Gold and we'll now always go Gold for a fandom we're crazy about. I like the reception, I like getting into the hall earlier, I loved the group shot at Hallowhedon and I even love the mug and t-shirt, lol.

For anyone that's still not sure if they want to come and have never been to a Showmasters event before, don't worry, just get your ticket and trust Showmasters to put on one hell of a weekend. No matter who the guests are, it's going to be unmissable. :D

Im gonna play the waiting game and see whos announced in the upcoming months, which gives me time to work on my mates and convince them to go lol not that they will need much persuading (im sure Elaines already packed lol..sorry babe)

Still thinking about it hun x

Just bought a Gold ticket for me and my friend. We went Standard at The Hub 2 and two of the signings on the Sunday clashed with the talks, which was a little awkward (although I have to say Showmasters did a fabulous job of getting us through Burn's queue as quickly as possible so in the end I didn't miss anything). But at Hub 3 and Hallowhedon we went Gold and we'll now always go Gold for a fandom we're crazy about. I like the reception, I like getting into the hall earlier, I loved the group shot at Hallowhedon and I even love the mug and t-shirt, lol.

For anyone that's still not sure if they want to come and have never been to a Showmasters event before, don't worry, just get your ticket and trust Showmasters to put on one hell of a weekend. No matter who the guests are, it's going to be unmissable. :blink:

EEEEE!!!! I'll be seeing you there! Might actually make an effort to talk to the guests at the reception this time :YAHOO: