• Merlin
    • Star Trek
    • firefly / Serenity
    • Glee
    • Aliens trilogy
    • Smallville
    • Bones

Where?

Yeah, it's in Thurrock's WHSmith from 5pm as David and TheBlackRose said, more information can be found here. Unfortunately, it's too far away for me to travel just for the signing but if it was for a weekend convention then I could probably justify going wherever it is so long as it's easily accessible via train stations. I'd love to meet the cast of Merlin and there's quite a lot of cast members from Doctor Who who have been in the show too so if they came, that would be a bonus. A Supernatural event would be awesome too, I'm hoping that we get one or both of these next year. :D :D

should be relatively easy getting them to a con seeing as they are signing an (xmas kids?) annual in smiths. just a matter of scheduling perhaps

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should be relatively easy getting them to a con seeing as they are signing an (xmas kids?) annual in smiths. just a matter of scheduling perhaps

Yeah, the annual is about seven pounds at most and I've not known many people to sign annuals in the past so it's good that they're doing one. I know Harry Hill is signing his annual locally near me soon but I'd much rather meet Bradley and Colin lol. I love it when celebrities release autobiographies because they usually sign around the country with them, that's how I met Billie Piper, Russell T Davies and JLS after all. Like you said, it would all depend on scheduling though, fingers crossed. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

Yeah, the annual is about seven pounds at most and I've not known many people to sign annuals in the past so it's good that they're doing one. I know Harry Hill is signing his annual locally near me soon but I'd much rather meet Bradley and Colin lol. I love it when celebrities release autobiographies because they usually sign around the country with them, that's how I met Billie Piper, Russell T Davies and JLS after all. Like you said, it would all depend on scheduling though, fingers crossed. :D

its a shame we will proberly never see david, billie or RTD at a (uk) con, I dont know why they cant attend one yet john barrowman who works like a horse doing everything acting and presenting wise can still find time and energy to meet the fans at these wonderful cons. great guy.

its good they do these book signings though, shame I bet its hard to get a photo with them though?

Ive been looking up merlin, its ratings are quite high, perhaps a con would work and I might even try and get back into it, season 1 and 2 are 15 quid at the moment on dvd

its a shame we will proberly never see david, billie or RTD at a (uk) con, I dont know why they cant attend one yet john barrowman who works like a horse doing everything acting and presenting wise can still find time and energy to meet the fans at these wonderful cons. great guy.

its good they do these book signings though, shame I bet its hard to get a photo with them though?

Ive been looking up merlin, its ratings are quite high, perhaps a con would work and I might even try and get back into it, season 1 and 2 are 15 quid at the moment on dvd

Yeah, I would love a Doctor Who convention with big guests from the new series like they can get at The Hub. The only signing I was allowed a photo at was Billie's but that was like three years ago and I look older now so it's not ideal lol. I do hope David, Billie and RTD do some conventions in the future though, it's a much better place to meet people as I find signings are rushed and you hardly get to speak to them. Merlin is very good by the way but when getting the DVDs, you have to make sure that you're buying the full series rather than the parts as that might be why the price is so cheap. The full second series hasn't been released on DVD yet, only part one, as the series itself is just coming towards its end in a few weeks on BBC One. A Doctor Who convention dedicated to the new series would be awesome and you could do a classic series one too, that's something which I don't think has been done before. From the poll, Merlin and Supernatural are my top choices. :D

Edited by Doctor Who

Yeah, I would love a Doctor Who convention with big guests from the new series like they can get at The Hub. The only signing I was allowed a photo at was Billie's but that was like three years ago and I look older now so it's not ideal lol. I do hope David, Billie and RTD do some conventions in the future though, it's a much better place to meet people as I find signings are rushed and you hardly get to speak to them. Merlin is very good by the way but when getting the DVDs, you have to make sure that you're buying the full series rather than the parts as that might be why the price is so cheap. The full second series hasn't been released on DVD yet, only part one, as the series itself is just coming towards its end in a few weeks on BBC One. A Doctor Who convention dedicated to the new series would be awesome and you could do a classic series one too, that's something which I don't think has been done before. From the poll, Merlin and Supernatural are my top choices. :D

yer sorry, complete series 1 is 15 quid.

yer a massive who convention with all available past and present guests would be awesome, alot of classic stars do signings so im sure they would be up for more cons

I voted for Supernatural, Dexter and Star Trek. I would buy tickets for the first two straight away without a second thought, but section 3 didn't have anything I would be overly keen on seeing as a con. However, I voted Star Trek because I think it could do quite well and it there was a mix of old and new Star Trek cast members I would definitely consider it.

Section 3 is annoying, the ones I actually really want to go to are all in that section, I think I'll have to see how the poll goes before voting :P

I'm not even going to vote because all the ones I want to vote for are in Section 3.

why should I vote for something in the other sections if I really don't want to go to them?

You have a good point and for that reason I may not vote either, but you could always just vote for ones in the other sections that won't make a difference, e.g. ones with no votes, or ones with a lot of votes. Not sure what I'll do yet ;)

:P

Ok there is some very good choices there, they could have been put in different types, it was hard to choose as all the ones my family and i like are in the some choices, i.e. charmed and primeval thas really bad doing that, another lotr and transformers, firefly and smallville, well say no more. They havent really thought about this have they, come on SM do some different choices, i noticed you havent even got twilight in there.

thanx

Edited by orlilover

• Showmasters Admin

i noticed you havent even got twilight in there.

I'd assume that is because we already have two confirmed Twilight events for next year, so it doesn't really need to be voted for :smile:

Indeed.

Torchwood, Stargate, Harry Potter and Doctor Who aren't on there either. The title is for NEW ME events.

I am already booked for more events than I can afford for next year, so I am hoping that Massive Events won't pick any shows I like! That said I think voting for things I have no intention of going to would be unfair and as I can't leave a section blank (nothing in the second section I would want to attend) I didn't vote.

I'm not even going to vote because all the ones I want to vote for are in Section 3.

why should I vote for something in the other sections if I really don't want to go to them?

Well, it's not like the results are final and binding upon SM/ME, so it doesn't matter that much.

However, whilst it might be considered a bit negative, I think it would be useful when they have these sorts of polls to have a "none of the above" choice. After all, at the moment you're either "forced" to have a choice (which could give an undue show of popularity for some shows), or you have to avoid voting. If there were a lot of "none of the above" votes it might either prevent undue attention being spent on stuff which isn't that popular, or at least prompt the "none of the above" crowd to suggest anything that might be missing.

I voted for Primeval, Star Wars and Star Trek. Set one was tough as I'm not that interested in events for any of the shows in that section, I'd only go to a Primeval event if Hannah Spearrit was going to be there. Star Wars and Star Trek, on the other hand, are ones I'd definitely be up for, provided they don't clash with anything else I'm doing (for example, I'd like to go to the Red Dwarf convention but it clashes with the British Grand Prix).