ideas for the halloween ball

lordy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it seems I am not allowed to wear my prothetic forehead again this time as I have had a reaction to the liquid latax that i used to secure it. Still suffering now. lol

I really need some ideas.

Must really start thinking about it. Got all my other costumes ready for the 2 other conventions I'm going to. Hmmmm......

• 1 month later...

I need costume ideas, something easy this year last year i had a vampire forehead that took nearly 2hours to get it to look at least presentable. I was thinking possibly a Dharma jumpsuit but then again i might look out of place in a room full of Halloween Creatures.

All ideas welcome!

I am should be going as my own improved version of a gentern from repo, in homage to Anthony :) could cry i wants the Zydrate gun but it's $6000

how much :WINCE:!! your gunna look awsome btw :)

Yeah although I've just accidentally talked my fella into making me on lol the reason it costs so much is it's the original prop used in the film.

• 2 weeks later...

well i think im going for cool vamp costume ! and im dragging me mum along to this too she wants come as a witch!! This is our first time we will dress up for halloween ever and our first convention so I hope our outfits will fit in and be ok!

well i think im going for cool vamp costume ! and im dragging me mum along to this too she wants come as a witch!! This is our first time we will dress up for halloween ever and our first convention so I hope our outfits will fit in and be ok!

I am sure you'll both look awesome :thumbup: and will have fun

I am sure you'll both look awesome :thumbup: and will have fun

aww thank so much I carnt wait well im an apprentice n contract up sept so be good way to end it as I got a new job or im looking for work either way gonna enjoy it!!

Call me crazy, I already got my outfit for the ball finished. Well as good as finished.

I'll go like Buffy in the Halloween episode in season two, the pink and red dress. I gave a screencap of the dress to a tailor and she made it. I don't say it's 100% like Buffys but I think she dit a pretty good job.

I hope someone will recognize it.

Call me crazy, I already got my outfit for the ball finished. Well as good as finished.

I'll go like Buffy in the Halloween episode in season two, the pink and red dress. I gave a screencap of the dress to a tailor and she made it. I don't say it's 100% like Buffys but I think she dit a pretty good job.

WOW! I'm sure someone will! I'll look out for you at least :P

Awesome! I love Buffy's Halloween dress! Wanted to go in it last year but hadn't got a clue how I'd go about making it! I will definitely recognise it, can't wait to see it :D

I have no idea what I'm wearing ;)

I still want to go with the adam idea but there is alot of work in it

and not sure if it will be easy to do

For the metal bits I would do a papier mashe cast of the areas you want things to go, i would advise putting vasaline on those areas so that you can get it off again and when you have your cast, build them up with wires and foil and silver paint, it's amazing what you can do, also light weight so won't be too bad to wear and when you do wear it i would advise using a bit of liquid latex but remember - shave off the body hair or you will be swearing for a week when you rip all the hair off. lol

and for the face and hands i would visit a web site called www.reelmagik.com and he can do custome orders for latex face masks. He's really good I've used him before, and he will give advice for free.

And for the rest of the body either papier mashe/lots of green make-up or liquid latex with latex putty underneath for texture - you may need help putting it on.

BUT WOULD LOOK SO AWESOME.

I would be happy to help if you like - I'm not bad with a brush! lol

Oh just remembered - you can get teeth veneers like that too, can't remember what site off hand but I can find it for you if you want

Edited by Nixster

I have no idea what to wear... last year i wore a pretty dress with silly monster slippers (was kind of a dare by my online friends that i do it cos we were always joking about my slippers). Think i may end up going in regular clothes this year... possibly with the slippers again lol. One thing is for sure though, will wear trousers this year. Was kind of disappointed last year cos the dress meant i couldn't try out the pumpkin rodeo... although probably saved me a lot of embarrassment lol

Going back to the original point of the topic though, suggestions for Dean;

Warren after Willow skins him... the face part should be do-able with face paints but not sure how you could do the body.

I still want to go with the adam idea but there is alot of work in it

and not sure if it will be easy to do

For the metal bits I would do a papier mashe cast of the areas you want things to go, i would advise putting vasaline on those areas so that you can get it off again and when you have your cast, build them up with wires and foil and silver paint, it's amazing what you can do, also light weight so won't be too bad to wear and when you do wear it i would advise using a bit of liquid latex but remember - shave off the body hair or you will be swearing for a week when you rip all the hair off. lol

and for the face and hands i would visit a web site called www.reelmagik.com and he can do custome orders for latex face masks. He's really good I've used him before, and he will give advice for free.

And for the rest of the body either papier mashe/lots of green make-up or liquid latex with latex putty underneath for texture - you may need help putting it on.

BUT WOULD LOOK SO AWESOME.

I would be happy to help if you like - I'm not bad with a brush! lol

Oh just remembered - you can get teeth veneers like that too, can't remember what site off hand but I can find it for you if you want

hi there thanks for the advice still not sure what im going to do tho got a bit of time to still think

i loved coming as lorne last time it was good fun

One thing is for sure though, will wear trousers this year. Was kind of disappointed last year cos the dress meant i couldn't try out the pumpkin rodeo... although probably saved me a lot of embarrassment lol

Why did a skirt stop you? I was about to go on it in a very short skirt but it had already been taken away :lol:

One thing is for sure though, will wear trousers this year. Was kind of disappointed last year cos the dress meant i couldn't try out the pumpkin rodeo... although probably saved me a lot of embarrassment lol

Why did a skirt stop you? I was about to go on it in a very short skirt but it had already been taken away :whistling:

that sooo doesnt suprise me hahaha. :)

Iwas thinking of going as "mrs freddie kruger"

Why did a skirt stop you? I was about to go on it in a very short skirt but it had already been taken away :(

I did go on in a skirt...twice, because the guy said my first attempt was too pathetic for words, so made me try again ;) This year, however, the dress I think I'll be wearing is a lot more clingy/shorter/less layered material...so if there's anything like the pumpkin again, I will not be topping my failure of last year :D