ok if people are going to buy tickets for this event than nows the tim

showmasters

I dont know if there is a market for uk tv cons ... Ok we have torchwood but that has been a global phenoam . Maybe you could of dropped the ticket prices ? like btl . To add to this i here there is also another being human con.........

Why should the price be dropped? Those of us who have bought tickets have payed in full. Not a good idea.

Anyone who is a fan of the show should purchase a ticket as it has an excellent line up and you never know - the more tickets that are sold, the more chance of more guests...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do one of you tweet as @beinghuman3 by any chance?

Hehe, sorry no, thats not me. I'm on there as @Kinkyclawz but @beinghuman3 is brilliant! Are you on? Please feel free to follow me if you want to. :blush:

Hmm, here's a thought. Showmasters? Could you set up some kind of payment scheme so people can pay for the tickets in installments? Damn, should have thought of this suggestion sooner. Its too late in the day for folks to break up payments, probably. :D

What about a lower priced ticket band, not so many perks, foks can buy "extra" autographs or pics as they can afford but get basic entry. It'll at least get "bums on seats" and bring in some money for the coffers. Say put them in the £25-£35 category to get people through the doors? Would something like that be do-able?

:D KC

Edited by Kinkyclawz

Promotion? Facebook-and-Twitter-spam (we've pretty much got that covered, right Lioness?)?

Do one of you tweet as @beinghuman3 by any chance?

I'm on twitter too --- if anyone wants to follow a crazed american ! LOL !!!

www.twitter.com/wench25

and yup - I've even made a few #BeingHuman notes too :-) along with links to Housebroken over the past few months - but I only have 100 followers - so who knows what market I'm reaching !

*sighs heavily* I dutifully bought my silver ticket months and months ago and spent loads on preparation and such. I've done absolutely everything I can think of to promote it (talking about it on Twitter, Being Human and vampire related forums and groups, talking friends into coming and everything) and now you may be forced to cancel the BEST convention in your line up? In fact, for me personally, its the ONLY one I'd consider attending. Its just heartbreaking!

So how many ticket sales are you short to let this go ahead? Does it have to be sold out or is there a certain percentage which needs to be attained? If its a percentage, how far off the mark are you? Not that I can afford to buy multiple tickets, but I'd be prepared to give it a damned good go if I thought it would get this thing going somehow. Is there anything more that you could suggest we do to save this event?

Some people are waiting for Christmas to get their tickets - dya think the dreaded announcement will be before or after the festive season? If its after, perhaps ticket sales might increase (gifts of money might help toward that you see) - here's to hoping.

:P KC

I feel your pain kinky.... or may i call you claws :)

I am dreading this being cancelled but im gonna do whatever it takes to keep this con alive.

Im behind you 100 percent, "we gotta fight fight fight fight fight for this con

if its worth having its worth fighting for"

Besides i still believe ticket sales will sky rocket with season 2 in jan- just wait and see :)

Edited by stepster

I'm on twitter too --- if anyone wants to follow a crazed american ! LOL !!!

www.twitter.com/wench25

and yup - I've even made a few #BeingHuman notes too :-) along with links to Housebroken over the past few months - but I only have 100 followers - so who knows what market I'm reaching !

I'm now following you m'dear! I love you "crazed Americans". :P *hugz*

Hope we can get people to promote it! I've been doing that and hashtagging Housebroken too, trying to get it to be a trending topic. LOL

All this endless speculation.....

Just wish we know what's going to hapen one way or another.

I know how you feel Dante. Maybe if we could find out when the decision will be made that will tell us how long we have to fight against this. Gawd, if ever we needed a vampire a werewolf and a ghost on our side, its now.

I feel your pain kinky.... or may i call you claws :)

I am dreading this being cancelled but im gonna do whatever it takes to keep this con alive.

Im behind you 100 percent, "we gotta fight fight fight fight fight for this con

if its worth having its worth fighting for"

Besides i still believe ticket sales will sky rocket with season 2 in jan- just wait and see :)

Feel free to call me KC, hunny. All my friends do - plus its shorter and easier to type. LOL

I'm not entirely sure how much we can do but we have to try. As I say, perhaps a bunch of us spamming every social networking site we can to try to drum up trade will be a good start. Maybe asking the BBC Blog team if they might help us by promoting the convention on the site. It'll do them good too because there'll be more traffic coming their way.

*thinks* Wearing Tshirts promoting it might work too, bring it to people outside of the internet. Showmasters? Could you perhaps spare a promotional image for us to use, please? Like that gorgeous cobwebby pic you use on the conventions site maybe? Otherwise I can try using the new promo pic that has been released.

You know, I think you're onto something with the post-Christmas prediction but it may be too late if the axe falls before then. As Dante said, its the uncertainty thats the killer right now.

Lets face it though, if Narin Bahar could get a petition togehter and spearhead the show being made, surely we can club together and save our convention.

Still, I'm open to any more ideas!

^^ KC

You can't mention other conventions on here I'm afraid.

Edited by slaycandy

Lets face it though, if Narin Bahar could get a petition togehter and spearhead the show being made, surely we can club together and save our convention. I don't think SFX will promote for us though - its the same weekend as their own convention so theres a conflict of interests there. :D

Ooooh that was a bit surreal for a Wednesday morning. Hi, erm, that's me. *waves* Although for the record I don't know I was very spearheady despite everyone saying very nice things about it afterwards.

I do work for the SFX lot sometimes (if you read the 'best TV of the 00's' special they did recently I wrote the True Blood and Being Human features and I blog about Being Human a lot for them). They love the show but it is very awkward for them to promote this, and you can understand why perhaps they're less than keen to do so. We've sort of missed the boat there I'm afraid.

I've already waxed lyrical about marketing shenanigans in another thread though so I'm going to link to it rather than being a bore.

I've added you both on Twitter btw. And I take it you've seen the prequels put up yesterday, right?

Edited by nkb

Ooooh that was a bit surreal for a Wednesday morning. Hi, erm, that's me. *waves* Although for the record I don't know I was very spearheady despite everyone saying very nice things about it afterwards.

I do work for the SFX lot sometimes (if you read the 'best TV of the 00's' special they did recently I wrote the True Blood and Being Human features and I blog about Being Human a lot for them). They love the show but it is very awkward for them to promote this, and you can understand why perhaps they're less than keen to do so. We've sort of missed the boat there I'm afraid.

I've already waxed lyrical about marketing shenanigans in another thread though so I'm going to link to it rather than being a bore.

I've added you both on Twitter btw. And I take it you've seen the prequels put up yesterday, right?

OMG! You're her! *almost faints then hugz* Hello! I wanted to get to meet you at Nottingham but things got a little insane after the talk (I nearly clapped my hands off when you were pointed out by Russell), as you might recall, and I sort of, um, didn't. LOL Ahem, sorry m'dear, went all fangirly there. Apologies. I have odd moments like that.

Thanks for the follow (I'm already following back)!! And please, don't sell yourself short, sweetie - I think near enough everyone owes you a great debt of thanks for all your hard work which raised BH's profile and brought it to everyone's attention. ;) Thankyou so much!

Yeah, I understand completely why SFX would be unable to promote the convention - aside from it impinging on their impartiality it will also clash with their Weekender so of course they can't be involved. I have noticed in the convention guides that they feature, too, that Housebroken gets no mention at all. :( But hey. we can be noisy, noticable, tenacious fans when we want to be. We can do this!

I've not seen the prequels yet - I got a little busy last night and totally forgot. But they sound amazing!! ;) I can't wait to see Daisy and Ivan. *bounces*

I'm working on the Housebroken promo tshirts now, and I'm going ask some friends who run vampire and werewolf fansites to add adverts for the event too. I'll stick them on my own sites too, of course! And I'll also try to implement your other inspired suggestions! thanks NKB! :YAHOO:

I'm also making a little banner to put in my signature on all the forums I use! Every little helps!

^^ KC

Edited by Kinkyclawz

I'd be very surprised to hear it was cancelled this side of Christmas, since they'd be accused of ruining it for some of you if they did. And probably not enough notice after, so I'd guess no news is good news.

It seems to have two different types of fan though - those who think it's too pricey and those of you who will go no matter the cost. In fact nearly everyone who's said they've booked say they are gold or silver, but you have to sell regular tickets too.

I'd be very surprised to hear it was cancelled this side of Christmas, since they'd be accused of ruining it for some of you if they did. And probably not enough notice after, so I'd guess no news is good news.

It seems to have two different types of fan though - those who think it's too pricey and those of you who will go no matter the cost. In fact nearly everyone who's said they've booked say they are gold or silver, but you have to sell regular tickets too.

OK - I have a theory - yes - gold and silver have been selling, I believe that the regular tix will sell closer to Xmas AND right around when Series 2 starts .... then the tickets will FLY !!!!

OMG! You're her! *almost faints then hugz* Hello! I wanted to get to meet you at Nottingham but things got a little insane after the talk (I nearly clapped my hands off when you were pointed out by Russell), as you might recall, and I sort of, um, didn't. LOL Ahem, sorry m'dear, went all fangirly there. Apologies. I have odd moments like that.

LOL, it's ok, I was pretty much hiding under the seat by the time Russell finished - he's very lovely but quite embarrassing when he sets his mind to it, and I didn't stay for the signing so I definitely missed you. Are you coming to any of the BAFTA screenings? x

Terrahawk, Little1, I seriously hope you're right folks. On the plus side, a friend of mine is getting his ticket soon, as a Christmas gift, so woohoo! One down, Heaven knows however many more to go. Every little helps though, right? :thumbup:

LOL, it's ok, I was pretty much hiding under the seat by the time Russell finished - he's very lovely but quite embarrassing when he sets his mind to it, and I didn't stay for the signing so I definitely missed you. Are you coming to any of the BAFTA screenings? x

Aww bless ya! *hugz* I think I would've been mortified too, to be honest. Says me who went in lupine yellow contact lenses as he suggested on the Blog. lmao However, I don't think he intentionally embarrassed you, mind you - I guess you know what the confident types are like. They sometimes tend to forget some of us are shyer...

I'm not sure we're allowed to mention them but sadly no. Are you? :D Hope so! ;):clap::YAHOO:

Terrahawk, Little1, I seriously hope you're right folks. On the plus side, a friend of mine is getting his ticket soon, as a Christmas gift, so woohoo! One down, Heaven knows however many more to go. Every little helps though, right? :thumbup:

Aww bless ya! *hugz* I think I would've been mortified too, to be honest. Says me who went in lupine yellow contact lenses as he suggested on the Blog. lmao However, I don't think he intentionally embarrassed you, mind you - I guess you know what the confident types are like. They sometimes tend to forget some of us are shyer...

I'm not sure we're allowed to mention them but sadly no. Are you? :D Hope so! ;):clap::YAHOO:

No, I think he quite intentionally meant to embarras her! :dance:

Just like the time we were in San Diego and someone asked for her autograph, because she'd been an extra in episodes 5 and 6! :WINCE:

No, I think he quite intentionally meant to embarras her! :D

Just like the time we were in San Diego and someone asked for her autograph, because she'd been an extra in episodes 5 and 6! :D

I didn't know someone had asked her for an autograph.... that's too funny!!!! :thumbup::YAHOO::clap:

No, I think he quite intentionally meant to embarras her! ;)

I think you may be right, lovely yet evil boy that he is.

Just like the time we were in San Diego and someone asked for her autograph, because she'd been an extra in episodes 5 and 6! ;)

Yeah and WHY did someone ask that exactly Mr MK? Yeah. Quite. Speaking of lovely yet evil boys... Well mostly, yannow, EVIL.

Nic, I nearly died. There's a picture on Facebook somewhere of me looking very pink and horrified and half running away.

Edited by nkb

How did I not know about that?! that's made my day that has ;) I told you you should be a guest at the con ;) ;)

No, and no. ;)

It wasn't funny. Although Chris, Karen, Max and Angela laughed till they cried. I'll link you to the pic ;)

No, I think he quite intentionally meant to embarras her! :lol:

Just like the time we were in San Diego and someone asked for her autograph, because she'd been an extra in episodes 5 and 6! :D

You reckon he did it on purpose, Chris? Eep!

Really? OMG! That would be an honour but quite embarrassing too. And perhaps scary, come to think of it. Hehe. Aww bless! I'm feeling so proud of you right now nkb. :rolleyes:

Ahem, back on a topic of sorts - Showmasters, are there any legal problems with me creating a "Save Our Convention" t-shirt with the Housebroken logo on it at all?

KC

EDIT: Ahem, should have read ahead before posting! lmao ;) The emoticon for Russell, methinks. ;) Ahem, and it sounds like you're worthy of that emoticon too, Chris... you had a hand in the moment in question, yes? :D

nkb, if its not a cheeky question or too personal an image to share, may we have a link to your picture please?

;) KC

Edited by Kinkyclawz

LOL I'm very chuffed that you're all interested but feel I should clarify it isn't a picture with me and Russell, it's just me looking very flustered and horrified at some Comic Con goer who decided (thanks to the eeeevil of my friends who told him all about my 'role' in episodes 5 and 6 (don't get excited, I was about 17th vampire from the left) getting him giddy) that he would like my autograph and wouldn't leave me alone till I did. And I was all embarrassed (because frankly the recognition and nice things that have happened to me since Being Human has been commissioned are all lovely but quite embarrassing anyway - I'm a journalist usually and much happier watching/reporting on shenanigans than being part of it and having people look at me!) and look like a very pink very horrified sort of person.

If you want to see a Being Human related picture you could look at http://twitpic.com/t9wqs which another lovely American Being Human related fan posted having played 'Where's nkb?' which is like 'Where's Wally?' but with a blue scarf rather than a red stripey one ;)

And I feel like we've gone majorly off topic now so I'm going to slink away and be very quiet for a bit ;)

:whistling:

If you want to see a Being Human related picture you could look at http://twitpic.com/t9wqs which another lovely American Being Human related fan posted having played 'Where's nkb?' which is like 'Where's Wally?' but with a blue scarf rather than a red stripey one :whistling:

sniff sniff - it told me the pic doesn't exist anymore :-(

LOL I'm very chuffed that you're all interested but feel I should clarify it isn't a picture with me and Russell, it's just me looking very flustered and horrified at some Comic Con goer who decided (thanks to the eeeevil of my friends who told him all about my 'role' in episodes 5 and 6 (don't get excited, I was about 17th vampire from the left) getting him giddy) that he would like my autograph and wouldn't leave me alone till I did. And I was all embarrassed (because frankly the recognition and nice things that have happened to me since Being Human has been commissioned are all lovely but quite embarrassing anyway - I'm a journalist usually and much happier watching/reporting on shenanigans than being part of it and having people look at me!) and look like a very pink very horrified sort of person.

If you want to see a Being Human related picture you could look at http://twitpic.com/t9wqs which another lovely American Being Human related fan posted having played 'Where's nkb?' which is like 'Where's Wally?' but with a blue scarf rather than a red stripey one ;)

And I feel like we've gone majorly off topic now so I'm going to slink away and be very quiet for a bit ;)

:thumbup:

Aww, we weren't trying to embarrass you or put you on the spot. I'm sorry for that.

I knew the pic wasn't of you with Russell, but I was just curious. I hope you've not been offended by our interest and please, don't let it make you go quiet. :D Your replies and our whole collective conversations are making the nervous waiting for news bearable. I have to say.

As a side note, I've been sharing the new BH2 Trailers around and subtly (okay NOT so subtly, truth be told! :P ) attaching to them a link to the Housebroken site to try to drum up more fans who might want to attend.

I've had no reply on whether I can use the Housebroken logo on a promotional Tshirt in my online shop. Mods? Will I be breaking any rules or taboos in doing this to promote the con?

If I don't make it back here beforehand, have a wonderful Christmas/Holiday and a fantastic New Year everyone! :huh::blink:

Edited by Kinkyclawz