ok if people are going to buy tickets for this event than nows the tim

showmasters

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Being Human did also get a run on BBC1 in August and September.

On that basis, it's more mainstream than Supernatural, which hordes of folks bang on about, which is now on a channel only available on subscription cable or satellite (and previously on the non-mainstream ITV2). I will grant that Supernatural has had several series to gain a following....

Supernatural aired on a major mainstream US network and was downloaded by many. Even without airing in the UK at all, Supernatural has a higher profile than Being Human in the UK. People are also willing to fly in to attend a Supernatural con.

Supernatural aired on a major mainstream US network and was downloaded by many. Even without airing in the UK at all, Supernatural has a higher profile than Being Human in the UK.

Difficult to believe that more people in the UK downloaded a US TV show (prior to its UK TV debut) than whatever the viewing figures on BBC1 and 3 were for BH (it was doing 800,000 to a million on BBC3 first run, plus up to 200,000 per episode on iPlayer). Still the point about Supernatural being bigger over here without airing over here is somewhat academic, since that time has past and the first 4 series all did get shown over here on ITV2

People are also willing to fly in to attend a Supernatural con.

Granted. In fact as straw men go, I didn't choose the best example in Supernatural. :rolleyes: From a con point of view, perhaps the more worrying figure is that BH was getting about the same number of viewers as the series of Lost earlier this year...

You know what is going to probably happen?

This con will get cancelled. Season 2 will hit the air, and it will be the biggest thing ever, and everyone will wish there was a con to attend.

:headscratch:

I hope it doesn't get canceled - my husband is buying my con ticket this week as my anniversary/Chanukkah present for this year and I JUST booked my tickets to England !!!

OKies - now we all have to do some serious praying !!!

I still think it would be a good idea if the date could be moved with redeemable tickets. And to be truthful id rather it be canceled and make a booming addition of followers after season two, then have the con and the show altogether gets canceled. Not that those are options.

We only get BBC America, im not sure if the show will be airing on it as i downloaded the season. I watched it again recently and got the hubby on board the fanbase :YAHOO:

I did enjoy the first series of Being Human very much when I first saw it on BBC 3 but if I'm honest then I was a bit surprised when I saw that an event had been put together soley for this show and also for it to be so soon after first being made/aired.

Don't get me wrong, I can see WHY the event was thought up - it's a good show with strong writing and acting, the cast are all British and most were relatively unknown so they would probably have been more readily available to attend as guests. Plus the show just so happens to feature many popular themes such as werewolves, ghosts and yes the 'V' word - vampires.

The problem is that this is NOT Twilight or True Blood or any of the similarlily HUGELY popular shows and films of the moment, its a CULT tv show that so far consists of a six episode series and an initial pilot episode which had a very different cast.

So to me it is not a huge surprise that there has been a smaller than expected response to this - however big this show does get (and I wish everyone involved in it all the best with the show in the future) you simply won't be getting hundreds of adoring fans flocking to go to this - like you do with the Twilight cons for example. The audience for this show is currently quite small and (I hope) growing so maybe some of the others posters on here were right with what they are saying about this possibly being too early on in the show's existence - after all if it does massively take off in popularity then I think it highly likely it will be around for quite some time to come which will give plenty of time to attract lots of ticket sales in the future.

Not saying I want this to be cancelled - it'd be awful for those who have already taken the time and effort to commit to attend it but just giving my opinion as to the state of things and why showmasters can't understand the apparent lack of interest/take up for tickets. :D

I got my ticket back in May (gold by the way)...and to put my 2 pence in i think what is off putting is the price.

For a show where all the cast are English..(no flights to pay for ) and who are not that well known ...( that does not mean that they are worth any less to us main fans) it seems a steep price to pay..( the same as the stargate gigs ).

I so want this to happen but am pleased that i have held off spending any cash on costumes yet....If i had i would be extremely miffed as that is not refundable.....( i feel for anyone booking flights)

One other thing..i feel sad that our own homegrown fantastic series is sidelined by formulaic US rubbish...(will not say which shows i mean as i want to live ).

Just wanted to say those viewing figures aren't entirely indicative of number of viewers, as Being Human was at the time of first airing the number one download on iPlayer i suspect a lot of people watched it that haven't been accounted for.

Not discounting that it has a small fanbase just that it might not be THAT small LOL

Also it has only been on one season, I think its going to take off massively after season 2 combined with that It won't be on many peoples minds at the moment as its off air.

Finally I think for such a small show a big draw would have been to have had all 3 of the main cast members as that would have made fans more eager to travel from abroad etc. (Not to discount the guests you have in anyway, but i'm sure people will agree its not the same)

I already have a silver ticket and really really want this con to happen

However reading some of the responses maybe an option to try to make the event viable for Showmasters would be to release day tickets for those who could only do 1 day?? Just a thought I am sure it has probably already been considered but you never know.

D x

140 views :poki: i wish that many people bought tickets :poki:

i just do not understand this the event has a good line up from the start and the show is grate :poki:

jason

Hi Jason

Just wanted to put my two cents in and say i realy hope you dont cancel this event.

I have yet to buy a ticket but myself and a friend are almost deffinetly coming, the only problem is were more fans of Russell Tovey than of being human.

As you know its at your own risk if you buy a convention ticket for one guest as they may cancel and you end up out of pocket (pretty much what just happened to me at the hub 4- was awesome and had a great time but only realy brought gold for Barrowman and then he cancelled) so were just waiting till nearer the time.

I mean i am realy itching to get me a gold ticket, serioulsy the moneys burning a hole but just dont wanna risk it again.

Really really hope you dont cancel and everything goes to plan as i know i will be an awesome con and you guys will have something amazing planned :) my fingers are perminently crossed PLEASE DONT CANCEL

140 views :D i wish that many people bought tickets :D

i just do not understand this the event has a good line up from the start and the show is grate :wub:

jason

Hi Jason

Just wanted to put my two cents in and say i realy hope you dont cancel this event.

I have yet to buy a ticket but myself and a friend are almost deffinetly coming, the only problem is were more fans of Russell Tovey than of being human.

As you know its at your own risk if you buy a convention ticket for one guest as they may cancel and you end up out of pocket (pretty much what just happened to me at the hub 4- was awesome and had a great time but only realy brought gold for Barrowman and then he cancelled) so were just waiting till nearer the time.

I mean i am realy itching to get me a gold ticket, serioulsy the moneys burning a hole but just dont wanna risk it again.

Really really hope you dont cancel and everything goes to plan as i know i will be an awesome con and you guys will have something amazing planned :) my fingers are perminently crossed PLEASE DONT CANCEL

I would go but there are just too many events for me to afford, so no I wont ber buying a ticket, I like the show but convention tickets are expensive and I can only afford so many a year

I really want to come to this event but I just can't afford it. CM London was pushing the very last of my con money and now I have to save up so I can survive at the Hub4. D:

The line up is amazing and I really hope this event does go ahead. Sales probably will pick up when S2 starts but sadly that may be too late :P

ok if people are going to buy tickets for this event than nows the time

its a great line up and we have some nice things planed but in less we sell more tickets for this event its just not going to happen

we here are big fans of being human and really want this event to happen but the fans are not buying tickets for this event so we are going to give it a little longer but we do not have much time now

if anyone buys tickets for this event and it is canceled you will all get your money back you risk nothing

so if you want this to happen get behind it and lets have a great con

let the word go out one last time to as many people as we can to see if we can get the fans out for this event

thanks you all for all your help on this lets see what us the fans can do

hope to see you all there

jason :D

When will we know if you are cancelling or not? I really hope you aren't but if you are and I get a refund I need to book for the Hub. Will we know before or after Christmas?

Thanks

D x

I think the problem is it clashes with another event which is giving out free tickets like confetti, its after Christmas when people are naturally more skint anyway and whilst you've got an absolutely cracking guest line up you don't have the "hot guy". I'd much rather meet Russell Tovey but people would perhaps have booked for Aiden Turner - if in doubt book the hottest guest first. Shallow yes but its also true.

Also sadly its a very small and not terribly active fandom. I'm surprised that it hasn't been supported by the fans more than it has but I don't honestly see that your sales are going to increase significantly even with "the other event" beginning to look much less atractive for various reasons to your potential customers. People have less money to spend after Xmas rather than more.

Is there any chance you would consider a mixed guest line up con in the future? Quite often i'm not interested enough in the themed events you have to attend but would like to meet specific actors.

I think the problem is it clashes with another event which is giving out free tickets like confetti

The other event may seem less enticing if you read their latest news regarding a major guest cancellation, and the prices for accomodation are eye-wateringly high. This event seems to offer much better value for money.

*sighs heavily* I dutifully bought my silver ticket months and months ago and spent loads on preparation and such. I've done absolutely everything I can think of to promote it (talking about it on Twitter, Being Human and vampire related forums and groups, talking friends into coming and everything) and now you may be forced to cancel the BEST convention in your line up? In fact, for me personally, its the ONLY one I'd consider attending. Its just heartbreaking!

So how many ticket sales are you short to let this go ahead? Does it have to be sold out or is there a certain percentage which needs to be attained? If its a percentage, how far off the mark are you? Not that I can afford to buy multiple tickets, but I'd be prepared to give it a damned good go if I thought it would get this thing going somehow. Is there anything more that you could suggest we do to save this event?

Some people are waiting for Christmas to get their tickets - dya think the dreaded announcement will be before or after the festive season? If its after, perhaps ticket sales might increase (gifts of money might help toward that you see) - here's to hoping.

:angel: KC

Edited by Kinkyclawz

*sighs heavily* I dutifully bought my silver ticket months and months ago and spent loads on preparation and such. I've done absolutely everything I can think of to promote it (talking about it on Twitter, Being Human and vampire related forums and groups, talking friends into coming and everything) and now you may be forced to cancel the BEST convention in your line up? In fact, for me personally, its the ONLY one I'd consider attending. Its just heartbreaking!

So how many ticket sales are you short to let this go ahead? Does it have to be sold out or is there a certain percentage which needs to be attained? If its a percentage, how far off the mark are you? Not that I can afford to buy multiple tickets, but I'd be prepared to give it a damned good go if I thought it would get this thing going somehow. Is there anything more that you could suggest we do to save this event?

Some people are waiting for Christmas to get their tickets - dya think the dreaded announcement will be before or after the festive season? If its after, perhaps ticket sales might increase (gifts of money might help toward that you see) - here's to hoping.

:D KC

KC I've said the exact same thing down the way in the forum thread and Blue Whale as you know. I hope they don't cancel as I did the same myself as you

:unsure: Hi BTW *hugs*

Lioness! *hugz* Didn't know you were on here, sweetie! Hiya! Hehe, I noticed, we must've posted at similar times in different places, maybe? Great minds thinking alike, I reckon that is. ;) Did you get my PM on the Blue Whale, by the way? Lets hope we get a chance to wear them at the convention. And dare I get the fangs now?

Aww, Little1, I'm with you (and everyone else, all you lovely fellow fans of course, who have gone out there and got tickets already) - Showmasters? Can you please tell us what can be done to stop this event being taken away from us - obviously trying to increase ticket sales is the biggie but what else can we help with? Promotion? Facebook-and-Twitter-spam (we've pretty much got that covered, right Lioness?)?

For most of us, we've been looking forward to this for half a year already and we won't let it go without a fight. Toby Whithouse described us fans as tenacious so I think we have to now prove that once again. :YAHOO:

:firedevil:

KC