ok if people are going to buy tickets for this event than nows the tim

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

ok if people are going to buy tickets for this event than nows the time

its a great line up and we have some nice things planed but in less we sell more tickets for this event its just not going to happen

we here are big fans of being human and really want this event to happen but the fans are not buying tickets for this event so we are going to give it a little longer but we do not have much time now

if anyone buys tickets for this event and it is canceled you will all get your money back you risk nothing

so if you want this to happen get behind it and lets have a great con

let the word go out one last time to as many people as we can to see if we can get the fans out for this event

thanks you all for all your help on this lets see what us the fans can do

hope to see you all there

jason :o

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just do not understand this the event has a good line up from the start and the show is grate :smile:

Quite true, especially now that Sinead Keenan is a series regular, that means we actually have two big guests. I think lots of people are waiting to see if you'll announce Aiden Turner or not, which obviously doesn't help you sell more tickets, but may be a reason why sales are so low.

I really, really, really want to go to this event, and am currently trying (for the third time) to encourage somebody to come with me, but I really shouldn't be, because four conventions in two months has left me nearly £400 in debt. B)

140 views :( i wish that many people bought tickets :(

i just do not understand this the event has a good line up from the start and the show is grate :(

jason

For what my opinion is worth(which may not be much, and im not having a dig at you Jason incase you take this personally) I never did imagine when this event was announced that it would be extremely popular. I am a fan of many of the shows represented at Showmasters events, but i've never taken to Being Human, and honestly I don't know of anyone throughout my friends, or anyone ive met through the forum, or workmates that have ever watched it. Its not that I personally dont like the show and thats why im saying this, I just never imagined that it would make for a popular convention, and seems so by the ticket sales.

I love various shows, like Warehouse 13, Sarah Connor Chronicles, Ghost Whisperer, and others but from an objective point of view, I dont think any of them would work as conventions(as much as I would like the to), and maybe Being Human is just like that.

I consider myself a huge fan of Stargate, yet ive had to even give the last couple of Chevron conventions a miss due to the number of events. I have to pick and choose which ones I go to, and Collectormania MK/London, and LFCC will always be what I choose.

Hope you dont take any of this as personal criticism, just trying to say what may be a couple of reasons of low sales

I would be beyond ecstatic to go! But the obstacles are pretty big for me as i am in Kansas, America. Its pretty hard to get over there financially at the moment (i notice money being a big issue for many here, and the holiday). But if i am able, id hate to buy the plane tickets, hotel, travel and such, And then the event gets canceled :lol:

Id really love to see this thing come together and happen, even if i couldn't make it.

• Showmasters Admin

140 views :huh: i wish that many people bought tickets :WINCE:

i just do not understand this the event has a good line up from the start and the show is grate :D

jason

For what my opinion is worth(which may not be much, and im not having a dig at you Jason incase you take this personally) I never did imagine when this event was announced that it would be extremely popular. I am a fan of many of the shows represented at Showmasters events, but i've never taken to Being Human, and honestly I don't know of anyone throughout my friends, or anyone ive met through the forum, or workmates that have ever watched it. Its not that I personally dont like the show and thats why im saying this, I just never imagined that it would make for a popular convention, and seems so by the ticket sales.

I love various shows, like Warehouse 13, Sarah Connor Chronicles, Ghost Whisperer, and others but from an objective point of view, I dont think any of them would work as conventions(as much as I would like the to), and maybe Being Human is just like that.

I consider myself a huge fan of Stargate, yet ive had to even give the last couple of Chevron conventions a miss due to the number of events. I have to pick and choose which ones I go to, and Collectormania MK/London, and LFCC will always be what I choose.

Hope you dont take any of this as personal criticism, just trying to say what may be a couple of reasons of low sales

i know its not personal criticism and am well cool about what you had said ;) , but its not really relavent ? as you do not like the show so why would you buy a ticket ? this event is not your thing , so i do not know what is the point in even posting in this topic as you would not come whatever , its like me going into a thread about spider hunting on Mount Evrest and saying i do not like spiders and i will not be going and thats why this will not work as a trip ? :lol: odd

not being funny just do not understand the point ? :D as to no one liking the show well i do know lots of people that love it and i think the big thing is the fact lots of people have just not found it yet , like firefly that went under the radar , anyway maybe we are just to early ?

jason :WAVE:

140 views :huh: i wish that many people bought tickets :WINCE:

i just do not understand this the event has a good line up from the start and the show is grate :D

jason

i know its not personal criticism and am well cool about what you had said ;) , but its not really relavent ? as you do not like the show so why would you buy a ticket ? this event is not your thing , so i do not know what is the point in even posting in this topic as you would not come whatever , its like me going into a thread about spider hunting on Mount Evrest and saying i do not like spiders and i will not be going and thats why this will not work as a trip ? :lol: odd

not being funny just do not understand the point ? :D as to no one liking the show well i do know lots of people that love it and i think the big thing is the fact lots of people have just not found it yet , like firefly that went under the radar , anyway maybe we are just to early ?

jason :WAVE:

Perhaps you're right and you are just a bit early.

And I usually do not post in sections im note interested in(personally it gets to me a bit when people do it!) but I just thought as you seemed a bit bewildered as to why there were many views and hardly any replies or ticket sales, I thought id throw my 2 cents worth as to why to try and help you out. If you dont want to take any notice and thinks its completely irrelevent for me to post an opinion thats totally up to you. I didnt think it was odd or pointless to try and discuss reasons for ticket sales with you.

really want to buy tickets, its just a really bad time...

wiped myself out with the last twi con and LCM not to mention the ET4 tickets....christmas and genral living!!

this con is right on my door step and its killing me that i'll prob not have cash for this.

I would love to come to this event, but I know I can't afford it so I've agreed to work for Mike that weekend. I would have bought my ticket months ago if I could, and if I held out any hope of having the money in time I'd maybe be tempted to put it on my credt card, but I just can't. :(

I really don't understand why this isn't selling!! The show is fantastic!!! Maybe it hasn't really hit the main stream yet and perhaps needs series 2 to get the fan base. I am already totally hooked and, of course, I have my ticket. I want to thank SM for even attempting to put this con on, and it would be such a shame if it wasn't supported.

The average viewing figure of the show, worldwide, is less than a million! Everything else you've done has had an average viewing worldwide between ten million and a hundred million. You're appealing to a very, very, very, very small pool of attendees to begin with. That's why this event would never succeed, unfortunately. I would expect that a lot of those 140 views are from people like me, who open the thread to see how things are going because we're curious.

I have bought my ticket and will be really disappointed if this event is cancelled.

I was really hoping that the show being shown on BBC1 would increase ticket sales.

Many people criticised Showmasters for Eclipse III saying that thye needed to get a number of guests booked before people would buy a ticket. Well, they have got a fantastic line-up this time and the tickets are still not selling. Well done to Jason and the team for a fabulous line-up and I am sorry that people are not buying the tickets.

Everyone please get behind this event.

I am hoping that there will be a mad rush just prior or just after Xmas.

I have probably more disposable income than most people (I have spent over £3000 in the last 2 months on cons alone) but even I am struggling, the problem is the money I put aside for a ticket for this con was taken up by buying a gold ticket for Chevron 7.4 which was only announced at 7.3 last month. I will buy a gold ticket but cant this month because of Christmas but will buy one next month (if it is still going ahead).

I agree that the timing is a bit off. Number of factors aside the financial ones. And am i correct that this con is close to the date of the Twilight convention? With that having a GINORMOUS amount of fans, which one do you think most people are going to spend their money on if they are a fan of both? obviously the popularity of it is going to collide with the shows convention. Its a sad truth :blink: i don't care much at all for Twilight, but then Twilight fans may say the opposite. It would be a real shame to cancel this. But it would be a good idea if it could be "moved" somehow to a later date. Maybe in the summer?

Maybe those with tickets can redeem them as summer ones as an idea? This way those who already have their tickets can go, and it leaves more time for others to buy as well (and the fan base might be bigger by then). Just throwing an idea out there.

Edited by acridineorange

I think maybe the show doesn't have that big of a following, think of all the cons you usually run they have huge followings, this show isn't even on mainstream TV yet :blush:

I'm not sure what a mainstream channel would be for the UK. I thought BBC was, but that's how much i know. Plus if it was on mainstream here it might be censored like hell, losing its charm.

• Moderators

BBC1 and BBC2 would be the mainstream BBC channels here, while Being Human airs on BBC3 which is a digital channel which only airs in the evenings. It has a far lower audience than the primary channels.

I believe the American remake will air on SyFy which should be a good fit, but I guess we'll see how strong the scripts are.

BBC1 and BBC2 would be the mainstream BBC channels here, while Being Human airs on BBC3 which is a digital channel which only airs in the evenings. It has a far lower audience than the primary channels.

But Being Human did also get a run on BBC1 in August and September.

On that basis, it's more mainstream than Supernatural, which hordes of folks bang on about, which is now on a channel only available on subscription cable or satellite (and previously on the non-mainstream ITV2). I will grant that Supernatural has had several series to gain a following....