My first ET convention what should I expect?

justme1

Ok, so I've just booked my standard ticket to ET3 yesterday. And I am extremely excited.

I've been to LFCC AND Collectormania this year, but ET3 will be my first weekend convention.

I'm a little bit nervous as I will be going on my own ^_^ Although my husband and kids are coming to Birmingham with me I'm the only one with a ET3 ticket.

I just wondered what I should expect, if the party's are worth going to etc.

You will have a fantastic time

Everyone is really friendly, so when you are in some sort of queue, make sure you mention to the people around you that you are on your own, and I guarantee you won't be from then on ^_^ Lots of people go on their own, so get chatting on here, and then you can all meet up.

I am going with my husband and two boys, they went to LFCC, Proms and Collectormania London, and absolutely love Showmasters/Massive Events cons.

See you in February :D

• Showmasters Admin

Everyone is always very friendly. You will not be alone for long. Feel free to ask one of the crew and they'll make sure you make some friends pretty quickly.

Friday is the opening ceremony at about 7pm, basically Jason and Mark the organisers get on stage and say hi and then the guests that aare there will come up on stage to say hi.

At 8:30pm will be the Friday night party. They are usally really good fun.

Saturday morning will start about 9am and you get about half of your autographs.

Saturday afternoon there will be the talks, guest encounters and the auction.

Saturday nights party will start at 8:30pm and is always a great party.

Sunday morning will start about the 9am again and you'll get the rest of your autographs and any photo shoots you choose to buy (photo shoots aren't included in the standard ticket).

Sunday afternoon will be more talks and guests encounters. We'll finish at about 6pm.

Sunday party will start at 8:30pm and is usually quieter as a lot of people leave to go to work on Monday.

You'll have a great time I'm sure. If at anytime you don't understand anything or need any help, just ask one of the crew, they are very good.

Since it'll be my first ET convention too, I'm going to ask some question here... :(

Hum... First is about the guest encounters. How does it work? I heard it was like auction but when and where do ou say how much you are willing to pay? And if you win it when do you pay?

Second is about the shoots... I'm going with a Silver pass.

For example, if I took my shoot with a guest on Saturday and I want to have an extra shoot on Sunday, at which time can I get it? There will be time for people who wants extra shoots?

And I'm going with 2 friends and we don't really understand how it works on Friday for the registration. If I can read correctly ( :P ), we have to bring with us the letter? And when do we have our pass number?

(Sorry if it isn't understandable, I'm French... :D )

Edited by Angélique

• Showmasters Admin

Since it'll be my first ET convention too, I'm going to ask some question here... :(

Hum... First is about the guest encounters. How does it work? I heard it was like auction but when and where do ou say how much you are willing to pay? And if you win it when do you pay?

Second is about the shoots... I'm going with a Silver pass.

For example, if I took my shoot with a guest on Saturday and I want to have an extra shoot on Sunday, at which time can I get it? There will be time for people who wants extra shoots?

And I'm going with 2 friends and we don't really understand how it works on Friday for the registration. If I can read correctly ( :P ), we have to bring with us the letter? And when do we have our pass number?

(Sorry if it isn't understandable, I'm French... :D )

1: Guest Encounters: These are a 45 minute chat (with coffee/tea/biscuits) with 12 attendees and one guest and can be won in one of two ways:

A: Raffle tickets: 2 places in each Guest Encounter will be raffled off. Tickets can be bought at the reg desk. The winners will be announced at the same time as the auction winners. There is no limit to the number of tickets you can buy or the number of Encounters or places you can win.

B: Auction sheets: 10 places in each Guest Encounter will the auctioned. This will work by bidding sheets being put up on the wall at the event. One sheet for each guest encounter. There is no limit to the number of Encounters you can win. If you have a winning bid on 2 sheets you will win both.

Attendees bid by putting their badge number and their bid on the sheet. At a specific time, which will be stated on the sheet (say 1pm), the sheets come down and the highest 10 bids win. But everyone pays the value of the 10th winning bid. All bids are visible to people bidding later. You can come back and up your bid if you want. But if you want to up your bid you have to add a new one to the bottom of the list, not change your previous bid. That way we know the order that the bids were placed.

So let's say 11 people bid with some people changing their bids, the sheet could look like this…

NUMBER - BID

G10----£200

G19----£5 – IGNORED AS REBID BELOW

ST301-£10

G59----£10

S1------£7 – IGNORED AS REBID BELOW

G19----£7 – IGNORED AS REBID BELOW

G19----£10

ST23---£17

ST162-£9 – IGNORED AS REBID BELOW

S75----£31

ST197-£8 – IGNORED AS REBID BELOW

S96----£27

S97----£35

ST162-£20

ST197-£20

S1-----£20

So once sorted into bid order (And ignoring previous bids from the same person) they look like this...

£200, £35, £31, £27, £20, £20, £20, £17, £10, £10, £10.

As the 10th highest bid is £10, all 8 people with a bid higher than £10 win, but only pay £10. Even the person that bid £200. As you will see 3 people have bid £10. But there are only 2 places left. So the first 2 people to bid £10 win. In this case ST301 and G59. This is the reason for re-adding your bid at the bottom and not just changing it. If G19 had just changed their bid on line 5 to £10 it would have appeared they were the first person to have bid £10 (i.e. before both ST301 and G59), where as in fact they were the last person to bid £10.

Although the ABOVE Auction system may change. We will be having a discussion about it over the Xmas break.

2: You usually have it at the same time. But if you wish to have the second one on the Sunday then you can go up at anytime.

3: You will be sent a leeter about 2 weeks before the event. This will have your pass number on it as well as other info you will need. You bring this letter and photo ID to the reg deska nd they will give you your pass and your reg pack (reg pack will contain your free 8x10s, your con book with the autograph vouchers on the back, and your photo vouchers, and maybe some goodies).

It'll be my first ET too, though i have been to 2 Chevron events, so i know kinda what to expect, this'll just be MUCH bigger haha

I'll be going on my own too it seems for this con, but i'm looking forward to it loads :D

I'm jealous! David is going to the next one isnt he, and he is soooo funny :angel:

Yea he is, it's in Birmingham, pretty much a month before ET3.

i'm lookin forward to that too haha, i have 2 awesome cons in 2 months :huh:

I've been to all of SM's Twi events and wont be giving them up any time soon :wub: they always turn out freeking amazing <3

Snap! Seriously some of the best weekends of my life! :D

Well... I was already exited and impatient to be in February but now... I can't wait!!!! :D

It´s my first convention in generell :)

So, is it possible to do more than one photo with the guests? And, do we get the photo only printed on paper?

I´m so looking forward to the con... booked my flight a few days ago.. YAY!! ^^

A moderator will answer this best for you, but in the meantime, this is off the website, hope it helps

Professional Photo Sessions

We will be offering professional photo sessions with our attending guests on the Saturday and Sunday of the event. A professional photographer will take your photo with the guest (prices for each guest listed below) and it will be printed as a 9x6 photograph to be collected over the weekend.

Please note that if a guest who is doing a photo shoot cancels then we WILL be refunding the full amount back to the people who have purchased a ticket unless this is a group photo where you will not be refunded unless more than half the guests of that particular photo shoot cancel.

If you are ordering photo shoot ticket online, please be sure to select 'Free P&P PHOTOSHOOT' from the 'Shipping Method' choices, as you will receive your photo session tickets in your registration pack at the event. Photo sessions can be purchased from our Online Store.

Please note, that those with Gold or Silver programmes will receive tickets for the photo sessions they are entitled to, you only need to book photo sessions online if you are A) an attendee with a Standard Entry Programme, or :wub: wish to purchase an extra photo session ticket with a particular guest.

Photo shoot tickets will also be available to purchase at the registration desk throughout the course of the weekend, it is not a necessity to purchase online prior to the event. Photo Sessions Scheduled

Guest: Price:

TBA £TBA

To book photo session tickets, go to the Online Store.

• Showmasters Admin

It´s my first convention in generell :)

So, is it possible to do more than one photo with the guests? And, do we get the photo only printed on paper?

I´m so looking forward to the con... booked my flight a few days ago.. YAY!! ^^

You can pay for extra photo shoots if you like. You can pay for 2, 3, 4 or even 5 with the same guest if you want to.

You will get an 6x9 print of each photo and I'm sorry but no we do not give out the digital copies.

Edited by Too Tall