A Nightmare on Elm Street talk - Robert Rusler?

Matt2006

Went to see Robert Rusler after the talk to ask him why he hadn't been there and he was really pissed off that no crew member had come to get him. He said on the Saturday when I met him that he was really looking forward to it and his anger was obvious on the Sunday. I felt really sorry for him and he was a big miss as he and Heather Langenkamp were the friendliest guests I met over the weekend.

Also why have the first four rows reserved for the gold passes during the talks and not just four or five seats? I went to four talks altogether and there were never more than three or four people in these seats. Such a waste of space!

But in my opinion the best venue yet for an event. Way better than Earls Court for LFCC, the MK shopping centre, MK stadium, Birmingham Hilton etc. Nice to have two floors and it just seemed alot more pleasant and warmer (if that makes sense?)

Also why have the first four rows reserved for the gold passes during the talks and not just four or five seats? I went to four talks altogether and there were never more than three or four people in these seats. Such a waste of space!

Probably because 100+ Gold Passes are sold and since the talks are all free for Golds then noone knows how many of them will want to go to each talk.

Having said that, it may be a good idea to let Golds in first then see if there are spare seats and let the first few non-Golds in those seats.

Probably because 100+ Gold Passes are sold and since the talks are all free for Golds then noone knows how many of them will want to go to each talk.

That's exactly the reason why.

Having said that, it may be a good idea to let Golds in first then see if there are spare seats and let the first few non-Golds in those seats.

Good idea, but unfortunately it has a flaw. With a Gold Pass you don't have to be there when the other seats are let in. You can still come when the talk starts or even after it has started, and you can still demand your seat then.

That's a bit stupid. How can crew neglect to come get him for the talk (unless he wasn't meant to be there)? Not very professional, didn't his assistant even know he was meant to be there?

If I was a fan and wanted him in the talk I'd be pissed too.

That's a bit stupid. How can crew neglect to come get him for the talk (unless he wasn't meant to be there)? Not very professional, didn't his assistant even know he was meant to be there?

If I was a fan and wanted him in the talk I'd be pissed too.

Hi,

I was assisting Cynthia next to Robert and his assistant.

We werent given a time for any of the talks and were actually waiting for someone to come and get him when we found out that the talk had already happened.

I don't know whose fault it was but Roberts assistant certainly wasnt to blame and did all she could to try and find out exactly what happened.

When we are with guests at desks where attendees choose autographs and pay right there, we arent able to get up and leave the tables. It makes it very hard for us to get any info without attracting other crew members attention to find out for us. Communication is the one biggest thing we need to work on for the next event!!

Unfortunately it was one big mess up - why? we may never really know. Robert was understandably upset but was a total trooper and I hope this mishap doesnt prevent him from attending in the future.

Nas

I just don't understand how the crew looked at the stage and didn't think, "oops there's one missing, we'll go and get him!"

What I heard was, and this is all chinese whispers so not necessarily true, that they were told there were 4 guests for the talk... and they had 4 guests. Robert bless him was sat in a different area to the others, so just got missed.

I assume there was no list of names, that someone was told - go get the NOES guests (x4) and they went to the big signing area and got the 4 that were there.

What sucks the most is that Robert heard from a fan that there was a mix up and not from Showmasters.

I just don't understand how the crew looked at the stage and didn't think, "oops there's one missing, we'll go and get him!"

To be honest, there were only 4 seats out on stage before the talk and then Heather, Lisa, Katharine and Robert (Englund) came in, so it makes me think that perhaps he wasn't meant to be in the talk in the first place or there'd have been 5 seats. It was probably meant to be kind of a "Freddy and his female vicims" talk.

To be honest, there were only 4 seats out on stage before the talk and then Heather, Lisa, Katharine and Robert (Englund) came in, so it makes me think that perhaps he wasn't meant to be in the talk in the first place or there'd have been 5 seats. It was probably meant to be kind of a "Freddy and his female vicims" talk.

Yeah, except he thought he was in the talk and had spent the entire day telling people to go see it....

Just thought I'd say I don't think any of the crew are to blame in particular. I worked on the main talk area on Sunday and it wasn't our job to get people for the talks the guests and assistants came to us. He wasn't on the list for the free talk so there was obviously a mix up there. I think one of the four was a last minute addition so I'm not sure what happened but it certainly wasn't deliberate.

It's a real shame Robert Rusler wasn't at the Nightmare talk. He was really nice, funny and friendly and had some great stories when I chatted to him, and he would have certainly had a lot to say if he'd been present at the talk, and I heard from his assistant that he was very hurt and offended to have been left out. He was a great guest, I hope to meet him again.

That's exactly the reason why.

Good idea, but unfortunately it has a flaw. With a Gold Pass you don't have to be there when the other seats are let in. You can still come when the talk starts or even after it has started, and you can still demand your seat then.

Which is proobably why the crew reacted with such horror when Kai Owen and Gareth David Lloyd told everyone to move forward to the Gold seats in their talk on the Saturday ('Sod the Gold Pass Holders, if they'd wanted their seats they should have been here!!'. :wub: Hehe, I notice they didn't do it again in the Torchwood talk!

He was really nice, yes..

Even squeezed my butt when i was in my koala suit!!

He was a bit surprised when he realized that it wasn't padding, but my actual a** in there...:)

We kept laughing about it each time i passed by..:)