Comments about Saturday

Poppy

Not only is this just plain old bullying in open public to the point of bringing her to tears.

Maybe she shouldn't have said that in the first place but I don't agree with everyone having a go at her when maybe some action should be taken else where.

But what I really don't get is the "I'm more than happy to point her <b>and her mates</b> out at any event". Why should I now feel that I can't go to any future events because someone has decided to single me out as a rule breaker (which I am most certainly not) purely on the basis that one of my friends made an offhand comment on a frigging <i>online forum</i>.

And I don't want this brushed over either. I actually want to know why I should be singled out to the crew or even guests at an event as a trouble maker. I am now going to feel watched at any future Showmasters convention or signing and not able to have any fun in the future so I think on that note I will finish going to the events I have already paid for and start going to independent ones instead.

Did you attend CM London, Never?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do complain. I always point out that I am not that good a photographer when asked, but there was one event this year when someone posted and asked why SM don't train their queue to take a good photo.

I'm sorry, but you've given me a mental image of Jason walking up & down a queue of attendees, swagger stick under arm, saying: "Right now, today we're going to teach you to take good photos - STOP FIDGETING YOU 'ORRIBLE LOT!"

*g* My bad. My brain is fried, however it's more fun to make lolful typos yes. Photography classes at the next CM!

Not only is this just plain old bullying in open public to the point of bringing her to tears.

Maybe she shouldn't have said that in the first place but I don't agree with everyone having a go at her when maybe some action should be taken else where.

But what I really don't get is the "I'm more than happy to point her <b>and her mates</b> out at any event". Why should I now feel that I can't go to any future events because someone has decided to single me out as a rule breaker (which I am most certainly not) purely on the basis that one of my friends made an offhand comment on a frigging <i>online forum</i>.

And I don't want this brushed over either. I actually want to know why I should be singled out to the crew or even guests at an event as a trouble maker. I am now going to feel watched at any future Showmasters convention or signing and not able to have any fun in the future so I think on that note I will finish going to the events I have already paid for and start going to independent ones instead.

Did you attend CM London, Never?

How is whether or not she attended relevant to her comments about the bullying on the forum?

Well, it could be misconstrued as stirring.... I haven't seen any bullying here. Someone broke the rules, boasted about it on a public forum, and then doesn't like it when other attendees and Crew/Mods tell them that they were in the wrong.

• Moderators

I think it's clear that Owl shouldn't have said what she said originally, and although she apparently doesn't really care, we don't want anyone ganged up on at events or on here.

The main problem with posting something like that on here is that it gives everyone an opportunity to reply, and it can feel like 'bullying' if multiple people are against you with an opposing view.

I don't think anyone is trying to make anyone else feel like they cannot attend events.

All I can ask is that people try and respect the rules, and if you're really not going to, then at least have the sense to not flaunt it and brag about it, especially on here. Thank you.

Well, it could be misconstrued as stirring.... I haven't seen any bullying here. Someone broke the rules, boasted about it on a public forum, and then doesn't like it when other attendees and Crew/Mods tell them that they were in the wrong.

It's one thing to tell someone they're in the wrong (and report it to crew/mods as needed), it's another to continually berate them and make other snide comments about it in other topics (note: not necessarily you, have just seen other posts with this type of content, gave up looking at usernames eventually), when DavidB and TooTall's initial comments/replies basically said what was needed already - the latter is what is tending towards bullying.

For the record, it doesn't come across to me as stirring; it's a valid observation/question to SM regarding what has been said in this thread.

It's one thing to tell someone they're in the wrong (and report it to crew/mods as needed), it's another to continually berate them and make other snide comments about it in other topics (note: not necessarily you, have just seen other posts with this type of content, gave up looking at usernames eventually), when DavidB and TooTall's initial comments/replies basically said what was needed already - the latter is what is tending towards bullying.

For the record, it doesn't come across to me as stirring; it's a valid observation/question to SM regarding what has been said in this thread.

For the record, as a CM London attendee, I am delighted that the Crew are now aware of potential problems/troublemakers. That should make future SM events the pleasant experiences they should be, for attendees and guests alike.

As far as the accusations of "bullying", I think David and Too Tall have said all that needs to be said. Best leave it at that, glee.

I am delighted that the Crew are now aware of potential problems/troublemakers.

Once again, why should my friends and I be singled out a potential trouble makers at any future events, as you said, to the Crew based purely on a comment made on here?

I am genuinely non-plussed, Never, as you are not the subject of this thread. Were you at CM London? Did you or your friends cause trouble there? If the answer to these questions is No, then you have nothing to worry about :D

If you have concerns, take them up with SM.

• Showmasters Admin

My points...

1: Owlpost will in no way be descriminated against or stopped from being part of anything. She will purely be held to the same rules as everyone else.

2: Yes, what owlpost wrote wasn't the most sensible thing to write, but what needs to be said has been said, lets leave it there.

3: We will never take what is said on this forum at face value. Any friends of owlpost will not be watched any more than any other attendee or desriminated against in anyway at a show. Never - You have my word on that.

Fine, I saw people taking pictures so I did, no Too Tall was not there and no crew was telling them off. I can spot Too Tall very well so know who I'm looking for. I was there for barely a minute as I waited for my auto to dry and am the only person to openly admit this when there were quite a fair few people there doing the exact same thing. I'm suitably punished, I won't see John again this year.

As for my friends, I want to know what exactly it is they've done to be tarnished with the same brush, because just lumping them in just because of association is weak and very stupid.

Also a fair few crew know me already, I don't need to bring ID to get into the Hubs, guy checking VT's didn't bother to address me when saying we needed to get our money out prepared because he knew I'd done it and was well prepared as he knew I'd done it before and so often.

As for her comments, its more then just CM:L because she said John and Gareth's fans know me from various events so this is probably the last straw or the latest straw. I try and do as many events as I can apart from meeting the actors its to meet the people and I'm sorry but if I feel I'm in any way endangered to be at the next Hub then that will be my last major con, I'll go for the small independent ones or I'll just follow Gareth.

To My Friends, I am very sorry for publicly admitting what I've done and to drag to all into this s***storm its my problem not yours and you should ignore her/it

I haven't read the full thread, so I don't know if this has already been addressed.

The only accessible lavatory was on the second floor as the other was apparently blocked by a photo area. There wasn't much inconvenience, but it was annoying and embarrassing, especially when I had a photo shoot and had to ask if I'd have time to go relieve myself.

As for the venue, I preferred it to Earl's Court. There was more room, it was easier to navigate, and much warmer. The only problem was the bar. It sold nothing but Budweiser, Becks, and one form of wine.

Plus, with the toilets being where they were, I didn't have a steward telling me I couldn't go there. Yes, this has happened at Earl's Court.

Edited by Scorch

Actually Scorch their was toilets just behind the photo area, as their the ones I used all weekend can understand why u couldnt see them mind a I was slightly confused at first when trying to find the toilets lol

Damn! I'll know for next time!