Dealers?

cat in boots

Yesterday I spoke to some trading card dealers who had been at this show and they said that for them business was terrible. It's a shame as without the dealers the show will suffer. I did spend a fair amount on trading cards at the show, but from other stalls.

To be honest, I never really buy a lot from the dealers. This year I really couldn't as I only had £4.50 left over after getting all my autographs and photos.

However, I spent a long time chatting to the dealers at the 'Tamify' stall and loved them and their stuff. I am now in the process of buying 3 of their pieces of art which'll cost me over £300!!! But it's wo worth it....Dr Horrible, Capain Hammer and Penny art....CLASS!

There was an awesome stall "under the floorboards" I believe it was called (I took a card which i'll def dig out when I properly unpack becuase I fully intend on buying more from them).

Got some amazing prints of a Pixies "doolittle" artwork and a Collectormania show exclusive print.

Those limited run show prints were designed specifically to commemorate the show in a 50's sci-fi B-movie-esque fashion a bit reminiscent of "plan 9 from outer space" and "forbidden planet".

(Edit: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=55141 image is here)

Totally amazing work but shocked to see a lot of them still left. Found that SM had either not let them advertise this amazing show exclusive (wouldn't sticky a thread I think) or something like that so this was almost under the radar.

I hope it doesn't put them off coming to further shows because I could've spent a lot more there if it wasn't christmas shopping day tomorrow.

Did buy a lot from other dealers. Bit gutted about the lack of promised Steam Punk zone (or did I miss it somewhere?) but managed to pick up some nice prints, mugs, a starship troopers themed hoodie and my best mates xmas pressie (which for obvious reasons I cannot disclose lol).

Hardly ever post on the forums but this stall "under the floorboards" is well worth commenting on.

They had a wide array of truly "gorgeous" (not a word I'd often use for posters) limited screen-prints on display. Spent time chatting there on both days and they were really welcoming and friendly.

In conversation they said the collectormania limited screen-print was comissioned from an artist specially for the show. When they explained the process to create one of these, with different colour layers being applied individually, taking 2 days to produce its all the more impressive.There is so much detail in it even down to the license plate for the Ghostbusters Ecto 1 reading Collecto 1 (they had to point this out to me, lol) There was a possibility of doing another special print for the next Collectormania in Milton Keynes however with so many of this debut print remaining, unsure if that will now happen.

Hope to see them at future shows. They said they have a fledgling website which they will continue to develop(although unsure if forum rules allow me to link to that?)

Regards

Thank you guys for 'getting it'.

We were selling those posters, pity most people didn't understand what they were, maybe the image didn't appeal to people, perhaps it was too obscure? Saying that, a lot of people did stop by and let us explain, and looked through our collection.

We tried to introduce something different for people to start collecting, something of quality that has a worth...maybe in a few years time!

We did have a visit to our stand from both John Rhys Davies and Heather Lagenkamp. They were kind enough to sign some of the Collectormania posters to help boost sales.

It was great to have people from the Hallowhedon convention come over and say 'Hi, remember me?'. Maybe with future conventions we can build on our reputation – any ideas for convention posters and content would be most helpful.

Cheers to all who visited our stand!

Mike & Rach

Had a really good chat with Robert Englund about how amazing the Elm Street posters were that you had for sale - he was so impressed with them!! I ended up showing the lovely American lady who was with him where the stall was, because Robert was raving about it so much (I seem to remember he said the Austin Film Festival? one was his favourite).

Hope to see you at another show in the future.

Hi Keith, thanks for sending her down, if I'm not mistaken that was his wife who visited us and bought a few pieces.

It's looking a little unlikely that we be at the next show as I've heard nothing back from Showmasters on getting a table, I think MK is very popular.

We would love be at Collectormania16 as MK is our home town, but I don't think we will be doing a Collectormania event poster as the other one didn't sell very well. All those who bought one you have an very limited edition!

But we will see what the new year brings, maybe if people think it's a good idea for a limited edition event print for Collectormania they could give us an idea of what they'd like to see on it!

Edited by Woodyuk