Dealers?

cat in boots

Seemed to be the normal awesome selection, with the same great stalls.

After years of these events I have gotten to know where to go if I want certain things, so I'm still fine with the dealers.

Got myself the Hot Toys Hellboy 12", and some more 8x10s for my fandom wall.

The Disney stall was there *sighs* I really wish they'd stop going. Or at the very least, position themselves in some corner that I never have reason to visit.

Huh whats the problem with the disney stall, or which one do you mean, the one selling the figures or the ones selling the cuddly toys?

Seeing Psychosis is my twin when it comes to certain things I will take a guess and say that she spends way too much money at that stall. *points at self*

If its the castle china guys think I did that this weekend too, loved the xmas figures, but managed to stop myself buying, lol

• Moderators

I could've bought one DVD stall completely. Luckily I had someone to stop me :dance:

I was impressed really. Seemed like a good variety, with some good bargains to be found if you bothered looking. My girlfriend got some cheap figures, and I got some cheap DVDs .. could've bought far more but had to stop somewhere :thumbup:

Have to say that although the dealers that were there were good, I actually found the stalls quite repetative. There was alot that was the same. Stateside stills were great with having a huge selection of pics, Uniquities and a few others, but we weren't really there for the dealers so it didnt make too much difference to us.

I was really impressed this time, LFCC was a bit of a disappointment for me because for what was there and the prices it was a bit out of reach for me but this time even though some of the prices were laughable we found a lot that were quite reasonable and some were great enough to haggle a bit which I was massively pleased about - esp as it was Undo Entertainment that we spent £75 at (it should have been about £90 I think) so that was brill.

Also I'll ask here hoping someone can help but there was a store selling NBC Monopoly but sold out by the time we got cash - they gave me a card but the gods took it away from me (I lost it) so if anyone knows who they were post here or PM me, want one of those games!! hehe

:thumbup:

There was an awesome stall "under the floorboards" I believe it was called (I took a card which i'll def dig out when I properly unpack becuase I fully intend on buying more from them).

Got some amazing prints of a Pixies "doolittle" artwork and a Collectormania show exclusive print.

Those limited run show prints were designed specifically to commemorate the show in a 50's sci-fi B-movie-esque fashion a bit reminiscent of "plan 9 from outer space" and "forbidden planet".

(Edit: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=55141 image is here)

Totally amazing work but shocked to see a lot of them still left. Found that SM had either not let them advertise this amazing show exclusive (wouldn't sticky a thread I think) or something like that so this was almost under the radar.

I hope it doesn't put them off coming to further shows because I could've spent a lot more there if it wasn't christmas shopping day tomorrow.

Did buy a lot from other dealers. Bit gutted about the lack of promised Steam Punk zone (or did I miss it somewhere?) but managed to pick up some nice prints, mugs, a starship troopers themed hoodie and my best mates xmas pressie (which for obvious reasons I cannot disclose lol).

Edited by darthnad

I loved the stalls! if I had more money I would have bought all the anime stalls most likely, and a fair few autos too... The guy doing the manga portraits was awesome and really friendly! Loved the picture he did for me and would totally love to seem him back some time soon.

Can't wait for LFCC! If the stalls are gonna be anything like this I need to save more money... There goes my uni funds >.<

Seeing Psychosis is my twin when it comes to certain things I will take a guess and say that she spends way too much money at that stall. *points at self*

Bingo! ;)

At MK I bought a bunch of figures then had a crisis of conscience and took them back... this time I bought some stuff and took it all back to the hotel before I could change my mind.

I now own a lovely Beauty and the Beast light box... if only I had somewhere to put it. Time to start tidying my room :P

Luckily a lot of things I want arnt out yet, so had no choice about spending the money...

...unluckily I have them on pre-order and so am spending the money anyway lol

One thing I did want though that I didnt see wa the new T2 figure from Neca, Arnie with the mini-gun. Did anyone see it?

I have the 'Pescadero Escape' version from LFCC but wanted the 'Cyberdyne showdown' one.

Also even though I bought one (at an ok price), I still think some of the Hot Toys figures are being marked up a little too much by the dealers.

I know they are hard to come by, but you can easily get them off sites that sell them when they come out for £50 less than the dealers sell them at.

Its why I have the Blade 12" on pre-order, so I can get it for less than £200

There was an awesome stall "under the floorboards" I believe it was called (I took a card which i'll def dig out when I properly unpack becuase I fully intend on buying more from them).

Got some amazing prints of a Pixies "doolittle" artwork and a Collectormania show exclusive print.

Those limited run show prints were designed specifically to commemorate the show in a 50's sci-fi B-movie-esque fashion a bit reminiscent of "plan 9 from outer space" and "forbidden planet".

(Edit: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=55141 image is here)

Totally amazing work but shocked to see a lot of them still left. Found that SM had either not let them advertise this amazing show exclusive (wouldn't sticky a thread I think) or something like that so this was almost under the radar.

I hope it doesn't put them off coming to further shows because I could've spent a lot more there if it wasn't christmas shopping day tomorrow.

Did buy a lot from other dealers. Bit gutted about the lack of promised Steam Punk zone (or did I miss it somewhere?) but managed to pick up some nice prints, mugs, a starship troopers themed hoodie and my best mates xmas pressie (which for obvious reasons I cannot disclose lol).

Hardly ever post on the forums but this stall "under the floorboards" is well worth commenting on.

They had a wide array of truly "gorgeous" (not a word I'd often use for posters) limited screen-prints on display. Spent time chatting there on both days and they were really welcoming and friendly.

In conversation they said the collectormania limited screen-print was comissioned from an artist specially for the show. When they explained the process to create one of these, with different colour layers being applied individually, taking 2 days to produce its all the more impressive.There is so much detail in it even down to the license plate for the Ghostbusters Ecto 1 reading Collecto 1 (they had to point this out to me, lol) There was a possibility of doing another special print for the next Collectormania in Milton Keynes however with so many of this debut print remaining, unsure if that will now happen.

Hope to see them at future shows. They said they have a fledgling website which they will continue to develop(although unsure if forum rules allow me to link to that?)

Regards

I was impressed really. Seemed like a good variety, with some good bargains to be found if you bothered looking. My girlfriend got some cheap figures, and I got some cheap DVDs .. could've bought far more but had to stop somewhere :P

I was looking/shopping for xmas presents, and my friend loves dr who, so was looking at the various daleks for sale.

2-3 stalls upstairs had 1 particular figure with a build your own wasp for £10..then I found the same thing on a dealers table downstairs for £3 or £4! Bargin!

I was glad I was there two days, Saturday I spent in a *guest haze* and I got down to serious shopping on Sunday, which resulted in a bag of loot so heavy I was tempted to drag it back to the hotel on a piece of string.

But like someone else said, for certain things you could shop around, like me ended up with my beautiful large New Moon poster for £3.50. :P And the dealers of that stall, (they were in the right hand corner of the signing bit where John, George and everyone else were) were so nice! Bonus. :)

• Moderators

I was looking/shopping for xmas presents, and my friend loves dr who, so was looking at the various daleks for sale.

2-3 stalls upstairs had 1 particular figure with a build your own wasp for £10..then I found the same thing on a dealers table downstairs for £3 or £4! Bargin!

It does go to prove you're better off looking around first before buying anything. I really wouldn't be happy if I found something 5 minutes later for that much cheaper :(

The only stall that my group noticed was missing was the one that sells Pocky's! Collectormania and LFCC are the only places I could get some but they weren't there. :D

I always look around all of the stalls before I even start buying things so I can find the best bargain. One DVD/game stall was selling one item for £300 (more than twice the price it is in the shop) just because it's 'limited edition'. :D

I liked the replica gun stall. Finally, somewhere I could get the prop that I needed for my costume without it being clear plastic! And it was funny when the stall owner lent the Koala cosplayer his Barret sniper rifle for a photo! :D

The only stall that my group noticed was missing was the one that sells Pocky's! Collectormania and LFCC are the only places I could get some but they weren't there. :D

At least 2-3 of the usual t-shirt selling stores were missing too I noticed, typical as I was after some for xmas presents doh! lol

I always look around all of the stalls before I even start buying things so I can find the best bargain. One DVD/game stall was selling one item for £300 (more than twice the price it is in the shop) just because it's 'limited edition'. :D

That wouldnt have been the modern warfare 2 360 edition with night vision goggles by any chance? :D

I noticed that and said to my friend that its cheaper in the shops if you can still find it.

Hardly ever post on the forums but this stall "under the floorboards" is well worth commenting on.

They had a wide array of truly "gorgeous" (not a word I'd often use for posters) limited screen-prints on display. Spent time chatting there on both days and they were really welcoming and friendly.

In conversation they said the collectormania limited screen-print was comissioned from an artist specially for the show. When they explained the process to create one of these, with different colour layers being applied individually, taking 2 days to produce its all the more impressive.There is so much detail in it even down to the license plate for the Ghostbusters Ecto 1 reading Collecto 1 (they had to point this out to me, lol) There was a possibility of doing another special print for the next Collectormania in Milton Keynes however with so many of this debut print remaining, unsure if that will now happen.

Hope to see them at future shows. They said they have a fledgling website which they will continue to develop(although unsure if forum rules allow me to link to that?)

Regards

Thank you guys for 'getting it'.

We were selling those posters, pity most people didn't understand what they were, maybe the image didn't appeal to people, perhaps it was too obscure? Saying that, a lot of people did stop by and let us explain, and looked through our collection.

We tried to introduce something different for people to start collecting, something of quality that has a worth...maybe in a few years time!

We did have a visit to our stand from both John Rhys Davies and Heather Lagenkamp. They were kind enough to sign some of the Collectormania posters to help boost sales.

It was great to have people from the Hallowhedon convention come over and say 'Hi, remember me?'. Maybe with future conventions we can build on our reputation – any ideas for convention posters and content would be most helpful.

Cheers to all who visited our stand!

Mike & Rach

Seemed to be a good range of dealers suiting different tastes, better than birmingham ,but didn't buy much to be honest.Most of the dealers seemed overpriced though, then complaining that business was slow.Ha!Got quoted £60.00 and £50.00 for Bonnie wright signed photos by 2 different dealers, good job i went to the childrens baftas and got her for free at the Hilton on the sunday night. pays to do your research at times.