Shannen Doherty

Charmer

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also met her on saturday and I found her to be very friendly and chatty. Much more so than I had expected. I got her autograph and a photoshoot with her and I found her to have a very pleasent personallity.

As for the no Playboy thing on sunday, I was also wondering about that. But perhaps some guy had brought it for signing and next in line was a little kid who made big eyes at the sight of Shannen in the nude. :wub:

I met her on Sunday morning and I thought she was lovely!

She looked a bit confused at how to spell my name then we had a laugh about it!

She was great, as soon as I got to the table, she looked up, said and and asked how I was!

And in the photoshoot she was saying hello to everyone and thanking them :)

I'm really sorry to anyone who had a 'bad' experience but I thought she was great!

What I did find funny is on sunday her little sign had no playboy pictures

I know, weird isn't it? If you're going to do playboy, the pictures are already out there, why not let them get signed? Why make a big deal over it when you've already had the playboy photos taken? :wub:

Well the last set were taken over six years ago. Maybe she's changed her mind since then? (A bit late for that, I'd grant, but I'm sure all of us feel differently about at least one thing or another we did six years ago)

What I did find funny is on sunday her little sign had no playboy pictures

I know, weird isn't it? If you're going to do playboy, the pictures are already out there, why not let them get signed? Why make a big deal over it when you've already had the playboy photos taken? :wub:

Well the last set were taken over six years ago. Maybe she's changed her mind since then? (A bit late for that, I'd grant, but I'm sure all of us feel differently about at least one thing or another we did six years ago)

Perhaps she doesn't want to make money of that kind of thing anymore...or maybe contractually with Playboy she isn't aloud to make money by signing them. It could be any number of reasons really including that she's just changed now and want to leave it in her past, which is totally acceptable I think.

Just out of interest, did anyone get any quotes or messages in their autos from her, is so, what were they?

I didn't actually meet her since I was out of money so soon at the event, but I glanced at her many times while being in the signing area and she always seemed very smily and friendly... Maybe she was tired at some point and that would explain things =)

She was really rude to me didn't look at me turned her back to me I was trying to say hello to her even called her name and she blanked me totally.

I was more upset that she was so up and down with people as well almost as if she didn't like the look of people she would not bother with them.

I'm a really poilte person and I've never had a guest be like this with me only time I had a bit of trouble was Carrie Fisher.

I was first to meet her on Sunday (more by luck than design) and I had no problem at all.

She was very friendly and polite, took her time to sign my photo and wished me a good day as I left.

Not the chattiest guest I've met but certainly left me with a very positive impression.

OMG!!!! Shannen was sooooo wonderful. Myself and my sister had a photo with her on saturday & she was just so sweet. She asked us both how we were doing, we replied & asked her the same to which she also replied, cuddled us right in & had a lovely pic taken and she held on to us and thanked us for coming. On sunday we had another photo & again, very polite. Later on sunday, we got our autos, she saw we were coming and turned around from the guy she was talking to, she smiled and asked us how we were doing and said she recognised us from the photo shoot earlier. She said we should have bought our pic with her up to sign as it would have been more personal but we said they weren't out yet. We said it was so great to meet her and she was so gracious, thanking US for coming to see her. We went up again later to get another auto for a mum, and again she remembered us and said that we were great daughters to do that for our mum and said it meant alot that we went back to her. We then said our goodbyes to which she again then thanked us for coming, said that we were really sweet and that it was a pleasure to meet us. And she watched us leave whilst smiling.

She was one of the nicest and most polite people we met all weekend and just made it all that much more special with the fact that she remembered us. Wanted to meet her for so many years and was sooooo worth it!!!! Thankyou Shannen!!!!

Maybe I was in the lucky ones (which seems far more numerous than the unlucky ones from a quick read through this topic) but I found Shannen was absolutely lovely, both at the autograph and at the photo session. I spoke to her about her commentary of an episode of season 4 of 24 and she seemed really interested to talk about it, she loves 24 and explained me how she was asked to do the commentary. When I said I was going to check it out, she funnily said they got her drunk first before doing the commentary :D

During the photo session, she was very welcoming, smiling and posing her head on my shoulder. The picture is really lovely.

I didn't expect too much from my meeting with Shannen but eventually it turned out to be excellent and a very nice memory.

Edited by lams9999

Quiet expected her not to be very nice, how wrong can you be ! Although i only did the photo shoot, she was lovely and pleasent. I also expected the no touching rule for some reason but nope she has a grip to rival JB for !!

£20 well spend as i'll probably never get to meet her again. Always loved her Beveley Hills 90210 :D

Lovely lady. Asked how we were and if we were having a good day, smiled the whole time, made eye contact and thanked us for coming to see her. In the photo shoot she was great too, said hi, asked how I was, replied when I asked her back, thanked me afterwards and the photo is awesome.

I would definitely meet her again in the future.

My interactions with her were quick, but nice. I went Sunday morning and her queue was open and I was more or less encouraged to go in, cause she had no one up at that moment. I have no issues with her, but I felt the people around her rushed me, both with getting in and with getting out. I was still trying to decide which pictures to get signed for myself and my friend, when I was more or less told to hurry up by whoever was up by the photo table.

Maybe it was related to my umbrella accidentally getting a couple of pictures wet, for which I am so incredibly sorry and after leaving the table I realized that I should have offered to pay for them... But I felt rushed to "come to a decision" about the pictures and get to her table. I feel it would've been better if they instead had asked me if I minded letting people past me while I decided, I wouldn't have minded and would have understood perfectly that they needed to keep the queue going.

When I got up to her table Shannon was nice and asked about the pronounciation of my friends' name and even pointed out that she thought it was a lovely name.

Immediately after she had signed her I was encouraged to leave by her assistant. I wasn't planning on loitering around or anything (just wanted to put my autographs safely into my open folder instead of trying to awkwardly carry all my stuff through the crowds to find a spot where I could take a moment to do that) and there were almost no one behind me at that point, but the way I was so quickly told where to go next made me feel very unwelcome, kinda like "we appreciate your patronage, now get the hell out" kinda thing. Maybe next time the assistant could at least give it a moment to assess whether or not the person is leaving on their own account before telling them where to go. If the queue had been massively busy and it was necessary to get me away to keep the flow I would have understood, but the queue was not busy at that point.

Also in the photo session I found my interaction with Shannon to be pleasant. Quick (which is understandable with the amounts of people to get through, I've been to many events and have yet to see a slow photo session), but pleasant. She asked me how I was doing and I said I was good and asked her how she was doing, we posed and then I thanked her and left.

She was lovely with me in the photoshoot on Saturday, for some reason i thought she would have the no touching rule in the photoshoot but she was giving out hugs if she was asked which was why i went for a second photoshoot on the Sunday. Met her on the Sunday, coerced into meeting her then as her queue was open, I then proceeded to babble at her for a while about he she was lovely etc. to which she seemed slightly bemused but smiley non the less. She was really pleasant and smily and engaged in the conversation and a pleasure to meet-not what I expected at all :P

I thought I was going to have a Shatner-esque experience - I arrived at the table, her assistant took the photo and voucher and Shannen kept her head down while she was signing it. I decided that the onus was on me to initiate conversation so I said that I had grown up watching Beverly Hills 90210. As she finished signing the photo she looked up, said an enthusiastic "Thank you!" and gave me a massive smile which made me feel like I was a teenager again! It made me very happy and am glad I got to meet her.

Well it was my first time at one of these events and it was mainly because Shannen and Brian were both there. I was warned by the person who was taking the money for the autographs that Shannen would be miserable and not very friendly but i found that to be so untrue.

I told her how much nicer she looked in real life, which made her smile and she was really chatty and even drew a heart on my picture with the message and her autograph...when i had my picture taken with her later, again she was very friendly.

All in all, she was a pleasure to meet and well worth the trip down from the North West ^_^

Well, there's one thing to be said about this thread.

Shannen has certainly gotten people talking about their experiences meeting her!!

It's been a healthy debate about it, so wonder if enough people met her, to merit her possibly being invited back to another event sometime.

shannon was very polite and professional (she had loads of ppl queueing for her) and very sexy, to be honest I dont expect a chat and what have you with guests, thats a bonus if it happens i think, I walked past her alot and had a photo shoot with her and she was always smiling, polite and very proffesional, lovely woman

for those who have a different view, try and imagine how much work it is doing an event as a guest, its tiring for us, imagine signing thousands of autos, hundreds of pics and having to be up to everyones expectations especially if there not used to conventions. i know there is the odd bad guest like the harry potter guy who was allegedly drunk and copenhagen but Shannon was brilliant I thought. (i really am trying my best not to post in these threads as Im scared of a repeat of the amazing thing but I just wanted to say how nice and proffesional I thought she was)