Shannen Doherty

Charmer

Ok, first off, I'd heard a load of stories about what she was "supposed" to be like etc but she was one of the nicest people I met over the weekend. I went up 3 times and each time she said hi and ask how I was doing. I said that I loved her in Mallrats and she smiled and said thanks after she's signed the DVD. Also got a pic signed and a Charmed book signed and she even wrote "nice meeting you" inside it too! Plus she looks amazing as well :YAHOO:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoting myself from Saturday's thoughts.

"the highlight for me was Shannen. A chatty (how did she get through that many autos!!), very friendly, and a really down to earth person. A real delight to meet. The talk with her and Brian was very entertaining."

Similar impression when I got my photoshoot signed on the Sunday. Would be great to see her back at a future event. I hope she enjoyed it as well. Has she done signing events before? If she did enjoy herself I also hope she mentions it to Holly Marie Combs. She may visit then!!

well it was the worst £20 I ever spent, I went to her when she got back off her lunch or photoshoot or whatever it was....

she took my pic from the assistant, didn't look up, passed it along and took the next pic to sign, didn't say Hi, didn't shake my hand and didn't look up, I might aswell have bought it off ebay!! I felt like rippin the pic up and tellin her to stick it! I felt like a piece of crap to her...

I loved her! was really excited when she was announced, one of the people I've always wanted to meet but didn't think I would. Was a bit worried she'd be 'off' and was prepared for that. But she looked up and made eye contact, said hello etc. I could have had chance to talk to her but decided not to cos I'd have rambled and didn't want to offend her by saying something stupid! after she'd signed by pic she thanked me and looked at me again. In the photo shoot she pulled me closer to her and again was really sweet.

On the way home I bought the National Enquirer to read on the train and amused me to see a column saying that Shannen is making an effort to get rid of her diva reputation!! for me she's certainly is making a big effort.

Summary of my experience with her:

Shannen sits there for about five minutes, chatting to a guy next to her, and completely blanking the man standing in front of her desk. A few minutes later she pulls over the guys photo, still chatting to the man beside her, then looks up, exchanges a few words with the customer, then goes back to talking to the guy next to her.

I'm next up to the table. She sits there for a further five minutes, chatting to the guy with the salad beside her. Eventually she pulls my photo over, still chatting, and I'm standing there thinking "my god, do not sign that without looking at me when there's NO QUEUE!"

Eventually she looked up and smiled.

Shannen: Hi.

Me: Hey, how are you?

Shannen: Thanks for coming. [pushes the photo at me]

Me: What was your experience like with the new 90210? Glad to be back? Is the show much different?

Shannen: It was great. *stares back at guy*

By that point I was like... whatever. I'm going to go spend some more money on Julie McNiven, lol.

I thought she was really nice, she's my favourite actress but never thought I would ever get to meet her, she was really cool when I went for the photoshoot, and when I went to get her autograph I had taken her a gift it was a painting I had done for her of a horse, she really loved it and said she loved horses and I told her I was a tattoo artist and she said it would make a really good tattoo and that she loved the frame, she jst kept looking at it and saying how nice it was and she kept saying thank you so much + she stood it up on her table and then she asked if I had a business card and I gave her one and she put that by the painting, she was just so cool and she seemed to genuinly love my gift, I admire her even more than I did before now I've met her :)

Shannen sits there for about five minutes, chatting to a guy next to her, and completely blanking the man standing in front of her desk. A few minutes later she pulls over the guys photo, still chatting to the man beside her, then looks up, exchanges a few words with the customer, then goes back to talking to the guy next to her.

I'm next up to the table. She sits there for a further five minutes, chatting to the guy with the salad beside her. Eventually she pulls my photo over, still chatting, and I'm standing there thinking "my god, do not sign that without looking at me when there's NO QUEUE!"

Me: What was your experience like with the new 90210? Glad to be back? Is the show much different?

By that point I was like... whatever. I'm going to go spend some more money on Julie McNiven, lol.

Not really a reply to you, just picking up on 'the guy'. The second time I went up 'salad-less guy next to Shannen' videoed her signing my photoshoot after she made a comment about it. Didn't hear what she said though and didn't think to ask!

To balance out your meeting I got lots of lovley smiles during my meetings. No consolation for you though, sorry!

Yeah, I figured he was something to do with her and not just a random person. I just think that's rude to completely blank paying customers.

Katharine Isabelle, for example, had to talk to her agent before me. She looked at me, smiled, apologised, hugged him, smiled at me, talked to him, sat down, smiled at me, and apologised again and laughed about it.

Not really a reply to you, just picking up on 'the guy'. The second time I went up 'salad-less guy next to Shannen' videoed her signing my photoshoot after she made a comment about it. Didn't hear what she said though and didn't think to ask!

To balance out your meeting I got lots of lovley smiles during my meetings. No consolation for you though, sorry!

I went with Psychosis to meet her, and yes we waited a while without her even seeming to know we were standind right in front of her, and she also wasn't very chatty, but she also did seem cheery and friendly.

I'm sorry but she was terrible and easily by far the worst guest I've ever met so far.

I attempted conversation, or at least get some kind of response twice from her once in the photoshoot where I said hi and she completely ignored me then I said thanks at the end and again nothing, which leads me to wonder if she is human afterall??!!!

Then I tried at the signing desk when she took my pic signed it muttered something to the guy next to her and pretty much thrust it back at me.

No way in the world would I ever waste hard earned cash on her again, by far the rudest and most standoffish person I've had the dubious pleasure of meeting.

However Brian Krause more than made up for the miserable woman he was truly awesome and she'd do well to take some tips from him on how to deal with the public!!!!!!

I met Shannen and exchanged a few words, I got her to sign a Jay and Silent Bob poster that Jason Mewes had already signed, and she laughed and asked about Jason writing "internet ?? What the F--- is the internet??

Told her how great he was to meet and listen to his talk , and she talked pleasantly about Jason, and her time on the movie.

There was a guy sitting next to her, but in the time my friend and I met her, I found her to be polite, and nothing at all like what's been said about her being difficult or diva like .

Yeah, I figured he was something to do with her and not just a random person. I just think that's rude to completely blank paying customers.

Katharine Isabelle, for example, had to talk to her agent before me. She looked at me, smiled, apologised, hugged him, smiled at me, talked to him, sat down, smiled at me, and apologised again and laughed about it.

I agree. A quick 'sorry' goes a long way. Thought is it possible she was unaware just how long you were waiting. In which case doesn't some of the responsibility lie with the crew member next to her to bring it to the guests attention that there are people waiting?

Similar to you Chase was chatting to Rene for a while before she spotted me, at which point I recevied multiple apologies., which wasn't really necessary - neither had had anyone go up for a few minutes and they had just gotten engrossed - but was nice.

I also had Graham Gooch apologise when he blew his nose. Who says meeting your heroes isn't glamourous!

Generalising now. I think there will always be the unfortunate few who have a 'bad' experience with a guest whilst for the majority it's the opposite. I don't know if there is 'an answer' to this. I know boths points of view - they are professionals, common curtesy, etc, etc - against the - they are only human and have off moments/days, etc. It doesn't help that we, the customers, are all different. What is acceptable for one person is intolerable for another :D

I went with Psychosis to meet her, and yes we waited a while without her even seeming to know we were standind right in front of her, and she also wasn't very chatty, but she also did seem cheery and friendly.
Not doubting Psychosis (blimey that's not easy to type!), you, or anyone else who has bad expereinces. It does happen unfortunatley. Finally, after two plus years to me as well, this weekend ironically. Although putting it into perspective maybe every other guest I have met previously has set such a high standards that the meeting with this person wasn't 'bad'. It was just bad relative to all the others!

I don't think expecting a response to hello is unacceptable though really, considering she was making money by being there I think a hi is quite a fair trade for the £40 I wasted on her alas it wasn't to be and I won't make the same mistake twice.

She's really not doing herself any favours though by being rude.

• Moderators

It definitely seems to be luck of the draw what she was like when you met her - I saw her fairly early yesterday, asked her if she was having a good day so far, and she said yes - and that it was still early so she didn't have a sore arm from signing yet. Really friendly and happy to chat for a few minutes.

I really have no proper opinion of her. Went up, she asked me how I was, I said fine thanks and asked her how she was - she didn't reply, pushed my photo back to me after signing it, gave me a quick smile then moved on. So not much to go on really, but it did feel a bit...hollow. But that was just the meeting, and I can't really say how she was from that. I did feel a bit flat after it though and was left wondering if that was really worth the £20.

She seemed pleasant enough though, and the Charmed talk was entertaining. I also was impressed to find she didn't have a no touching rule for the photo session - I'm not sure why but I really expected her to have one in place.

But, having said that - I didn't think she was bad, but she was the least friendly/chatty/approachable person I met over the weekend. So I suppose I do have an opinion after all, haha.

First up I didnt meet her but whenever I was going by every other time she seemed be talking to some "suit" and she didnt help herself when she went off/was coming bk that her 'bouncer' pushed a guy out the way which didnt exactly go down to well. From just obsereving it certainly seemed to be pot luck in how she greeted plp who went up, some got smile,handsahke ect yet others seemed get 'cba being here'

What I did find funny is on sunday her little sign had no playboy pictures. Now if she'd done one and was embarressed by them then fine but I believe shes done 3. So if she aint happy with them and dosnt want to sign any the pics then she shouldn't have done it- complete contrast to Claudia Christine who had some of her PB pics and kept them hidden with cuple bits paper.

What I did find funny is on sunday her little sign had no playboy pictures

I know, weird isn't it? If you're going to do playboy, the pictures are already out there, why not let them get signed? Why make a big deal over it when you've already had the playboy photos taken? :D