Thoughts From Saturday

Count Fooku

This was my 1st visit to a collectormania event.

Had a fantastic time, found the whole experience great, have nothing but praise for the organisers - for me everything went smoothly. I did ask several crew members questions and was always met with smiles and good information. The running of the photo-shoots was handled really well, and a big thankyou to everyone involved ;)

Misha Colllins was just adorable and took the time to chat and make it that bit special.

The Supernatural talk with Misha & Julie was very funny and as already mentioned receiving a free Supernatural poster was a nice touch :P

I for one will definitely be hoping to hear more about a proposed Supernatural con ;)

Once again thanks to all involved in making this convention so memorable

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the venue. With two levels, it meant everything was more spread out, so there weren't large crowds around guest areas.

I met, Shannen Doherty, Brian Krause, George Takei, Rene Aubjonois, Chase Masterson, and Jason Mamoma. They were all wonderful. Had a super time.

My only problem today was that because of train delays and the mess that was going on with the tube, I missed the Shannen Photo shoot :P absolutely gutted!! ;)
Are you attending tomorrow? If so ask at the organisers booth. You may be allowed to join Sundays photoshoot with Shannen.

Yes, if you're coming tomorrow ask at the Organisers Booth. You should be allowed to join the Sunday shoot. Travel problems happen sometimes, and so far the lovely girls and guys there always found a solution.

No, I only went on Saturday and I hadn't bought a ticket before hand so there was nothing the crew could do for me ;)

How much did everyone pay for the charmed talk? Because I was charged £20 and I'm sure it was £15 on the website. :S

I thought the venue was absolutely excellent - I echo Count (and a couple of others) who observed that it was busy but not to cramped.

I met Billy Dee Williams, David Soul, Martin Klebba, Steve Blum and got a photoshoot with John Rhys Davies.

A highlight for me was Steve Blum - he was absolutely delightful!!!!!! Warm, friendly, funny - and he even did a "Vincent" voice for me! :0) John Rhys Davies was completely lovely as per usual, always saying something individual to each person to make them feel special - he deserves a medal! :0)

The Klingons raising money for charity were great fun, and the peeps in costume were brilliant (one day I'll do that myself!!!)

A particular thank-you to the crew up at the anime area, cosplay and on the door. Being so unexpectedly star-struck by Steve Blum, I left my autograph folder on one of the anime tables. The crew were very helpful and calming (as I was running around like a bluebottle!) and thank you to the lovely honest person who handed it into Lost Property - I wish you many blessings!!!!

Fabulous day - thanks SM!

Echo :P

We went Yesterday(sat) It is our 2nd collectormania and thought it was brilliant.

We Met Mark Ryan - who was an absolutely lovely man spend lots of time chatting with us and make us feel important.We were there to see him as fans of him being Naseer in Robin of Sherwood. :wub:

Had a photo with George Takei again a lovely man, it was really nice to see his husband there with him.

Wished i'd met Rene auberjonois but didnt and really regreting it now.

Looking forward to Milton Keynes as our next collectormania to go to would love it for showmasters to get walter koenig for that one!!

Well done showmasters excellent

i had such a good day, for me Misha Collins just made it for me! he was so lovely & humourous!

I have one complaint from the whole day and that was the seating plan for the supernatural talk.. me and my sister bought it as soon it was announced and had numbers 29 and 30 yet when we got there we were told we weren't sitting together and in fact she was completely the other end of the talk to me. i dont understand why our ticket numbers couldnt just be our seat numbers. there was another woman next to be who had come with her 11 year old and they had to sit apart too, which was quite ridiculous.

I loved the Kai and Gareth talk - they are so funny together esp, moving everyone forward to the gold pass seats lol

Edited by stace

I have one complaint from the whole day and that was the seating plan for the supernatural talk.. me and my sister bought it as soon it was announced and had numbers 29 and 30 yet when we got there we were told we weren't sitting together and in fact she was completely the other end of the talk to me. i dont understand why our ticket numbers couldnt just be our seat numbers. there was another woman next to be who had come with her 11 year old and they had to sit apart too, which was quite ridiculous.

I've tried to answer this in the topic you opened: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=55187

This was by far the best collectormania I have ever been to. I only went saturday but loved every second of it.

Every single guest was excellent, even though alot of them wernt doing photos over the tables they were still very polite and chatty!!

Loved Brian, Shannon, Heather, Misha, Robert, Peter and everyone really. I met nearly every guest there and loved them all, they are all welcome back anytime!!!

Well done To the photo shoots, they worked brilliantly and think they both worked very hard and deserve a big round of applause!!!!! well done to you both!!

The crew were brillinat as usual!! even the newbies!! hehe!! Loved seeing everyone again and hope to keep this event as a regular at the same location, thought it was a great location aswell i must add!!!

Thank you Showmasters!! Best event ever!!!! brilliant, bravo, excellent!!

Thanks

Tom

Had an absolutely fantastic time, thankyou Showmasters for putting on what was for me the best con yet!! I went for Misha Collins (who was a complete sweetheart and very funny) and had an added surprise with Julie McNiven being there, but I didn't realise I would have such a good time checking out all the dealers tables too! And can I just say that everyone I met at Collectormania was really friendly and nice, especially some of Misha's Minions who actually took the time to come up while I was drawing at one of the tables to say that liked my Misha/Julie pictures, that meant a lot! Will definitely be attending next year, and thought the venue was awesome.

PS - HURRAH for a Supernatural Convention! If Showmasters do run one, I 100% would be there!

Hello from France

Sorry for my bad english

I was here saturday. A very tired long journey for me (Eurostar + subway) with my broken leg but it was AN INCREDIBLE AND VERY NICE Day. :dance::thumbup:

I went several times to Autographica, etc before, and it's my 1st post...

I saw all the people I want... and more... :thumbup:

I have chatted with all of them. even Shannen Doherty who was very gracious and kindly with me. Mr Takei is very gentleman... Talked fews instat with Ray Harryhausen, John Rhys-Davies, Robert Englund, brian Krause, Billy Dee Williams, Jason Momoa (very funny), etc... WAS WONDERFUL

No problems with photos for almost the guests...

My only problem is during the photo shoot session. I made queue before the time with my broken and each time, some very not friendly Gold Pass member, arrived in last minute, and without word, except I HAVE A GOLD PASS, go front you. I think if a gold pass member arrive after the beginning of photo shoot, so, he made queue as others or say a gracious word. It's not because you paid this pass, you are authorize to made all you want... :headscratch:

It was just my negative point for the show. I will be come next time, next time, etc...

Some photos here (just few photos, not all) http://www.flickr.com/photos/famillesebile...57622773780425/

And the 2nd negative point, is the closing of some subway lines this week-end...

My only problem is during the photo shoot session. I made queue before the time with my broken and each time, some very not friendly Gold Pass member, arrived in last minute, and without word, except I HAVE A GOLD PASS, go front you. I think if a gold pass member arrive after the beginning of photo shoot, so, he made queue as others or say a gracious word. It's not because you paid this pass, you are authorize to made all you want...:headscratch:

I think you'll find that one of the reasons for buying a gold pass is to go to the front of photo shoots - whether they have started or not. However I do agree that some people could have been politer.

i have to say there was one gold pass member i noticed at all my shoots who just walked to the front and stood there and didnt acknowledge the other guests who could have been polite and even just mentioned they had a gold pass and thats why they were cutting but didnt.

i also have to say in regards to the talks, was it necessary to have 4 rows for gold pass. i noticed that at the two talks i attended not even one row was filled.

What a day

Thought I was gonna have a nightmare when I got to London and found out that the Tube was in a mess, but we prevailed. I got there at about 12.00, I think and only got autos this time. First up was Robert Llewellyn who I'd met before, and he dedicated a classic Kryten line on my series 4 DVD sleeve. Then I met the truly ace Bob Keen. He had models of some of his work on his table and when he got the Dog Soldiers animatronic head from a bag behind him I nearly fainted! Got a great pic of me, Bob and the head, I wish I'd have asked if I could've tried it on! Great guest SM! Chipo Chung was next and she was lovely. She signed my Sunshine DVD sleeve and wanted to leave sufficient space for other cast members to sign. Very thoughtful. My only virtual queue ticket of the day was Billy Dee Williams and he was a joy to meet. I wish I could say the same for the guy who was sitting with him when I met him, who was ignorant & rude. I always go to SM events alone and when I ask for pics with the guests the SM staff are more than willing to help me out, but this guy just pointed to next dude in the queue! Very disappointing. So, from there I caught up with Cynthia Scott who, at the second attempt successfully placed my accent as being from Yorkshire. She loves local accents and told me that the man who helped Sigourney Weaver move the powerloader in the film was also from Yorkshire, amazing. Next up was Barbara Nedeljakova who, as I've said in another thread, was awesome, would love to meet her again. And last up was a man who's got a lot answer for, producer of Star Wars and Empire, Gary Kurtz. I thanked him for making these 2 monumental movies and when asked which was his favourite, he chose Empire. A very nice man.

Saturday was a great day and I'm sure 2010 will be just as good as 2009 when it comes to events. Keep up the great work SM.

:headscratch:

chase I have to say was amazing, beautiful but so nice as well, greeting EVERY person with a handshake and asking how they were, whats there name, thanking them, i froze a little lol, she asked about my height also, such a wonderful woman!

Froze is better than what I did. As I was leaving I thought I would say "thanks for coming, lovely to meet you". I actually said "lovely for coming, thanks to meet you" All the words were there! Just in a different order....:D

And thanks to your photoshoots I now know what you look like and that I passed you at least half a dozen times. You are tall. I will say hello next time I see you.

Well I was there for both days and met......

Brian Krause ~ So sweet, smiley, polite and above all GORGEOUS!!!!! Am now even more smitten :D

Shannen Doherty ~ Unfortunately very impolite and VERY standoffish never again will I grace that woman with my presence!! ;)

John Barrowman ~ Amazing even though he was clearly knackered poor fella!

Gareth David Lloyd ~ Ok really but I was in a major rush so my fault as I didn't speak to him, very funny in the talk though!!

Kai Owen ~ Class act as always.

Neil Roberts ~ Always a pleasure and never a chore, gorgeous as ever!!!!

Bronson Pelletier ~ Sweet and cute!!!

Also I too thought that the venue was better layout wise but for me not as easy to get to but the split levels worked well!!!!

I loved the whole event and had a great weekend and please please please bring Brian Krause back at any and every opportunity, thanks :D

If you don't think it's fair, don't pre-book. I never have and I got VQ tickets no. 4 and no. 7 for a couple of guests today.

I got lost and didn't get there till 8.45 or so on Sunday, but the on the day queue was shorter than the day before. I couldn't believe I still got a virtual ticket for John Barrowman lower than 100. I was all done by 11.00.

I had a fabulous weekend crewing, the event had the most amazing atmosphere and everybody was so friendly. I was particulary privaledged to be sitting with the lovely Steve Blum on Saturday who was amazing recording voice messages for people, switching from one voice to the next!

I met Misha and Brain both of whom I had a lovely chat with, Misha was such a warm person and it really was a treat to meet him. Brian was also lovely, and just as gorgeous.

Fabulous weekend, shame that first thing this morning I got the post con lurgy seriously gah!

I'd also like to add my thanks for a great weekend. The venue was excellent and much much better than earls court, you didnt have a feeling of there being no space and just altogether a much better layout. Please keep having olympia as the venue!!!

I didnt meet all that many people but the ones I did meet were fantastic and i still smile thinking back on it. I met George Takai and he is every bit the gentleman you expect him to be. When I arrived at the desk he stood up and shook my hand, I had a great chat with him, and as a huge trekkie fan it was a great honour to meet such a great man, I could have cried I was so happy.

Jason Momoa, well, what a guy!!! hilariously funny, he played me a song on his guitar and sang to me, which made my day as I love stargate atlantis and think he's just gorgeous!!! Bronson Pelletier was also a really nice guy, up for a laugh and cute too!

Also special mention for the guys who dressed up as klingons for macmillan who were just fabulous and i laugh every time i look at my picture!! all that fun and for a great cause too, I do hope they come back as it was just such a great idea. The sight of seeing a Klingon eating a sandwich will stay with me for a long long time!!!

Have to say though I was really quite disappointed in the twilight talk, again the whole thing of it being 15 quid for one guest is really quite disappointing and in my opinion, wasn't really worth the money, as lovely as bronson was.

Overall it was a brilliant weekend, great great guests, Ive took away with me some memories that I will never ever forget and thats what its all about. Thank you guys!

:wub:

chase I have to say was amazing, beautiful but so nice as well, greeting EVERY person with a handshake and asking how they were, whats there name, thanking them, i froze a little lol, she asked about my height also, such a wonderful woman!

Froze is better than what I did. As I was leaving I thought I would say "thanks for coming, lovely to meet you". I actually said "lovely for coming, thanks to meet you" All the words were there! Just in a different order....:wub:

And thanks to your photoshoots I now know what you look like and that I passed you at least half a dozen times. You are tall. I will say hello next time I see you.

when she asked how tall i was and she was like wow, I said yer i eat my greens amoungst other things but i think she misheard me and i repeated but by this time i was a mess sluring my words cos i was so nervous lol and was holding up the queue, I was like oh oh thankyou so much nice to meet you whilst almost tripping over myself as i backed out of the photo ops area lol, in the words of the dwarfers i was tounge tied lol

I did alot of walking over the weekend lol, post you pic see if i remember you, some ppl did say hi to me, I hope they didnt think i was rude, im just very laid back and a little shy, that with my size and weight sometimes might come across as rube, im not sure, if i did im sorry, didnt mean to.

yer im 6ft6 lol though i noticed alot of tall ppl there, dont like that at all, im the tall one lol

I had an amazing day on Saturday and have no complaints at all. I thought the event was very well run, I was slightly worried about it for some reason but it all went smoothly. I met Misha Collins and Julie McNiven, and had photo shoots with them too, and it was excellent. I felt like a bit of a prat in front of Misha though because I sort of had a mini heart attack, stuttered and couldn't speak which I didn't expect and really isn't like me - it has never happened to me before! - and he found that slightly funny :thumbup:

I was so worried about the tube and actually getting to London considering I rarely go into London and it was the first time I had taken lead and gone without someone who knew the tube like the back of their hand but it went pretty well and the thought the venue was ideal :smile:

And bless, my brother had his first ever photo shoot with JRD. My brother was so shy but I have to say I was really impressed with John, taking the time to chat to my brother and making him feel more at ease. My brother was really shy in the photo shoot and JRD was tickling him to make him smile, which I thought was funny. He was a great guest, I wish I'd got his autograph too now!

Edited by Laurenx

Great Venue - Guest signing areas were easy to get to and there was space to actually see the dealers tables. I have to admit I prefer a proper venue even if I have to pay. Although it is just a personal opinion I have never been a fan of the Milton Keynes event mainly because it is in a shopping centre. The first time I went we couldnt get at a dealers table due to the volume of people and the lack of space between the tables. I was looking at some Harryhausen collectables but was continuously jostled (pet hate of mine and therefore I shop around midnight ) we returned home and bought the stuff online. A dealer at the event lost out on over £100.00 worth of merchandise. Now if we do attend MK we only go and see the guests and dont bother with the dealers.

Hopefully the Olympia venue will be returned to and the extra few miles to London are well worth it for a more organised and less stressful weekend.

Great Weekend - Great line up of Guests - Cant wait for the next one :thumbup:

i had a great time and was shattered, i had to leave early to get a train home and would like to thank SM crew that made sure i didnt miss john barrowman, i did have a longer journey home than expected but was worth it!

i would like to say that anna walton was really lovely as were all of the guests i saw.

i have to say i couldnt resist kai's new hair cut and had to ruffle it!!!!!! he just took it in his usual spirit but at least i made the crew laugh (no shame thats me)

I have to admit I prefer a proper venue even if I have to pay. Although it is just a personal opinion I have never been a fan of the Milton Keynes event mainly because it is in a shopping centre.

You do realise that the MK events are no longer in the shopping centre and from next year will be in the conference centre/exhibition hall at the new MK Dons stadium?