Thoughts From Saturday

Count Fooku

was his name charlie from eastenders, seemed a bit off to me, he barged through & almost knocked 2 dalek props over cos he couldnt be bothered to wait for the guys to move them to one side.

I was one of 'the guys' you mentioned working on the stand so I have to reply (on behalf of myself & David who runs the stand).

Due to the location of the stand, where the photos were being taken, it wasn't always possible to move the Daleks out of the way so you often ended up squeezing between the Daleks to get in. We ALL did that over the course of the weekend as it was sometimes the best way in. And believe me, there was no way he could have knocked those Daleks over, they weigh a ton.

This is the only complaint we've had about Derek which is a shame as he loves to go to these events so he can chat to people. He's always happy when people approach for a chat, autograph or even a photo & he always obliges.

Don't take this the wrong way but maybe it's best to stop and think before leaping to conclusions.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was his name charlie from eastenders, seemed a bit off to me, he barged through & almost knocked 2 dalek props over cos he couldnt be bothered to wait for the guys to move them to one side.

I was one of 'the guys' you mentioned working on the stand so I have to reply (on behalf of myself & David who runs the stand).

Due to the location of the stand, where the photos were being taken, it wasn't always possible to move the Daleks out of the way so you often ended up squeezing between the Daleks to get in. We ALL did that over the course of the weekend as it was sometimes the best way in. And believe me, there was no way he could have knocked those Daleks over, they weigh a ton.

This is the only complaint we've had about Derek which is a shame as he loves to go to these events so he can chat to people. He's always happy when people approach for a chat, autograph or even a photo & he always obliges.

Don't take this the wrong way but maybe it's best to stop and think before leaping to conclusions.

Ive never had any interactions with him, and I did say "seemed" he also seemed happy to interact with ppl at this and the lfcc which is nice but on the occasion i saw this he did barge through the props with little thought, but i meant no disrespect to you guys. it was a brief moment that I happen to notice whilst queueing for a photo op. im sure he is a nice guy

Edited by timelord81r

Met Derek several times, so nothing left for him to sign at present, but it's a shame he's never announced as a guest before hand.

I was disappointed about this as well - if I'd known he was coming I could have brought some Doctor Who video sleeves for him to sign.