Thoughts From Saturday

Count Fooku

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm coming tomorrow, i wana see pics of Brian and Shannon plz

here is my pic, she was great, wish I had smiled more, photo ops A camera man is very professional but he always catches me looking a bit grumpy lol

shannen pic

I doesn't work!! Did mine?

both links worked for me

weird, still says content unavailable

LOVING Olympia 2 as a venue, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE can we keep this as a venue, it was SO SO good! Really well laid out with tons of room to move, it made the day a lot more relaxing! Very convenient having a Tesco Metro opposite too!

Really fun and relaxed day, guests weren't too busy at all, I strolled in at about 11:30 am and could have met anyone I wanted to (I decided not to meet anyone today ... saving pennies!), everyone had an Open Q by the end of the day, even the more popular guests.

Not sure how busy it'll be tomorrow for Barrowman, but if you're going to meet anyone else I'd advise you don't bother getting there at crack of dawn, there really isn't any need and you'll just get cold!

Loved the new venue. Organisation was faultless, really good show. Cant complain about anything...Shannen & Brian were really friendly, but Robert Rusler made my day - what a nice person. I hope they invite him back.

Loved the new venue. Organisation was faultless, really good show. Cant complain about anything...Shannen & Brian were really friendly, but Robert Rusler made my day - what a nice person. I hope they invite him back.

See if this works

Shannen Pic

Thanks, she looks quite cuddly :)

here is my pic, she was great, wish I had smiled more, photo ops A camera man is very professional but he always catches me looking a bit grumpy lol

shannen pic

It doesnt work :D I wana see Brian too ANYONE????

LOVING Olympia 2 as a venue, PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE can we keep this as a venue, it was SO SO good! Really well laid out with tons of room to move, it made the day a lot more relaxing! Very convenient having a Tesco Metro opposite too!

Really fun and relaxed day, guests weren't too busy at all, I strolled in at about 11:30 am and could have met anyone I wanted to (I decided not to meet anyone today ... saving pennies!), everyone had an Open Q by the end of the day, even the more popular guests.

Not sure how busy it'll be tomorrow for Barrowman, but if you're going to meet anyone else I'd advise you don't bother getting there at crack of dawn, there really isn't any need and you'll just get cold!

i second that, i loved it the venue was amazing. According to the booklet theres collectormania london 2010 in the same venue so i defo know where im gonna be on those two days :D thanks sm

i second that, i loved it the venue was amazing. According to the booklet theres collectormania london 2010 in the same venue so i defo know where im gonna be on those two days :D thanks sm

I hope LFCC stays at earls court, I do think they could use the space better though, they used the space at olympia very well! 2 levels worked well I think, and im glad they are gonna make CML at olympia a regular event though looks like its replacing the nov mk one, better for me as i Live in london ;-) but still would of been great to have both in november ;-) but thats me being greedy

i second that, i loved it the venue was amazing. According to the booklet theres collectormania london 2010 in the same venue so i defo know where im gonna be on those two days :wub: thanks sm

I hope LFCC stays at earls court, I do think they could use the space better though, they used the space at olympia very well! 2 levels worked well I think, and im glad they are gonna make CML at olympia a regular event though looks like its replacing the nov mk one, better for me as i Live in london ;-) but still would of been great to have both in november ;-) but thats me being greedy

I wouldnt worry about LFCC moving if it does i wouldnt be happy, lfcc and earls court 2 mix well for me as does todays show with oylimpia 2

Enjoyed the day. Really liked the venue and the two level layout. Even though Chase, George, and John Rhys Davies, and others, are excellent guests, the highlight for me was Shannen. A chatty (how did she get through that many autos!!), very friendly, and a really down to earth person. A real delight to meet. The talk with her and Brian was very entertaining.

JRD seemed to be in good form, chatting with everyone and writing decent messages on the photos.
He was - one of the Sallah pictures I picked got labelled with 'me' and 'camel' to help me tell who was who :wub:

My only problem today was that because of train delays and the mess that was going on with the tube, I missed the Shannen Photo shoot :( absolutely gutted!! :(
Are you attending tomorrow? If so ask at the organisers booth. You may be allowed to join Sundays photoshoot with Shannen.

As for the cold, I prefer it to being soaked or too hot. It's easy to add clothes to keep warm. There is a limit to how items of clothing that can be removed before you get told to wear 'stripey pyjamas' and have to sit in a small room. Scarf, gloves, woolly hat all help combat the early morning blues...of course if I had actually remembered to take any of that today....

one thing not a complaint just an observation, the 2 queues in the morning, 1 for early bird prepaid and the other for on the door pay, SM let both lines go in at the same time, now the pay on the door queue was way smaller so alot of them got in before the ppl who paid in advance for early bird, that didnt seem right to me but like i said just an observation, both queues got in very fast so no problems there.

Yeah, there were comments in the pre-pay line about this. When we got to the door the 'on the day' line was already inside. Quite a few "What's the point in pre-booking"? comments.

Anyway....i like the venue, had a good day and i am completely knackered !

My only problem today was that because of train delays and the mess that was going on with the tube, I missed the Shannen Photo shoot :wub: absolutely gutted!! :(
Are you attending tomorrow? If so ask at the organisers booth. You may be allowed to join Sundays photoshoot with Shannen.

Yes, if you're coming tomorrow ask at the Organisers Booth. You should be allowed to join the Sunday shoot. Travel problems happen sometimes, and so far the lovely girls and guys there always found a solution.

Allthough i had/have a fair few people i aim to see over the weekend, after reading about it thrusday, Harryhausen became a huuuuuuge part of today for me.

Absolute legend, i'm over the moon to have met the man, having recently given serious thought to writing my thesis on his work too.

Also today got Kai on my torchwood poster, will get Gareth David Lloyd tomorrow, as the number i could have got today, would have just been a bit too long a wait today, after ensuring i was there for Harryhausen this morning.

Got a NOES border frame dealy signed by Legenkamp and Wilcox. Again Robert Englund's numbers were quite high and seeing him head for a photo session, i just couldn't face the wait. So he'll be an aim for tomorrow.

Got my mass Star Wars photos signed by Bob Keen, absolute gent, lovely man.

Picked up a signed pic from 'Chopper' Harris, Kerry Dixon and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (my fave player of all time, no-one takes a better free kick!).

And got my Transformers poster signed by Mark Ryan, second time i met him, as i caught him at Earl's Court. Always full of fun and a very personable man to talk to. Went out of his way to let me take a great pic of him.

Tomorrrow the aims will be Robert Englund, John Barrowman, Gareth David Lloyd and the pair from Aliens. So who knows, might see some of you tomorrow!

I was impressed with the venue and the speed in which they got those long lines in this morning for early entry! well done!!

now for guests...

Katherine Isabelle!!!! Adorable!! gorgeous!!! and so sweet!! I was first to meet her this morning, and she remembered my name at the photo shoot and when I went back later allowed me a pic on my camera too :) loved her to death!!

Bronson Palletier! great kid! very enthusiastic!! had a nice chat with him... was a little disappointed at not being allowed a pic with him as I was alone at his table with him.. and he seemed happy to pose....

Bob Keen.... loved the Dog Soldiers animatronic head he brought along! full of great stories! and a steal at £10!! thank you for gettin him!!

Barbara Nadeljakova..... amazing women, chatted a while, she came from behind the table for a pic with me, and that was abit of a walk too!! lol... and again £10!!!!! great stuff!!!

George Takai, what a gentleman!! so polite and well spoken, loved that I brought a Godzilla Raids Again Japanese mini poster for him to sign :)

Mark Ryan..... loved him!!!!! chatted away, came out infront of the bumble bee cut outs for photos.... top bloke

Robert Englund... Always a star, met him so many times but he makes you want to meet him again, we talked about the remake and my japanese mini poster for Freddy vs Jason

a big highlight for me... Ray Harryhausen.... at nearly 90yrs old the man was signing for practically free! you buy his book he signs!! and 1 item of your own! and let me get a pic shakin his hand!!

no for the bad points....

Shannon Doughety.... what a waste of £20!!! she took my pic from the assistant, didn't even look up, say Hi, shake my hand...NOTHING!! pushed the pic along and took the next off the assistant....and she wasn't even busy at the time!!! I felt like rippin the pic up and tellin her to keep it!!!!

and it's also a shame that it seems photoshoots are being added for most guests now.. where it used to be the big guests.... now we aren't able to get pics with alot of people at these shows, and its the photo that means most to me.... I know you will have reasons for this etc, but I just feel its a shame if the guest is happy and the lines aren't manic to stop us having photos... like with Bronson for instance.... NOBODY was there with me at all..... ah well... rules are rules

Edited by friday13thfan

I had a good time today, and I managed to get all of the autographs that I wanted today very quickly. All the guests were very nice, but I was disappointed that Kai's talk was moved, I couldn't be bothered to wait the extra hour so I went home.

What happened to Peter Firth? I thought I saw him there, and when I went to see his talk, the stewards told me that it was cancelled. What happened?

Gareth came to that talk too with Kai and the talk was brilliant. They let us come forward and sit in the gold seats cos no one was sitting in them previously. lol

Well I finally got back home in Nottingham at 9.30pm, 16 hours after leaving this morning :lol: But it was thoroughly worth it. I managed to stretch my meagre student budget to meet George, Chase and Rene. All three were fantastic, really talkative and friendly :D

I also took part in my first Collectormania auction and it was really intense! After a few failed bids I managed to bag myself a Scott Bakula autograph for a mere £15!! :blink:

The vast number of people in costumes were at their usual high standards with a particular mention to the Klingons raising money for cancer research, those guys were awesome!

A big thumbs up for the venue, bar the annoying tube maintenance it is very accessible and the way the signings were spread out made it really easy to move around.

tl;dr - Great event, great guests, see you in Milton Keynes

• Moderators

Haa a brilliant day, everything went much more smoothly than I even expected. Got there maybe 7.45, was in right after 9, and went off to collect my handful of VTs. I had 12 people on my list today, so was expecting to be struggling to get to them all by the end of the day - but by 10.45 I had met 11 of those 12 (and not had to rush through meeting any of them). And only hadn't met GDL yet cos he was still stuck in traffic somewhere at that point.

Every guest I met today was friendly and quite chatty - don't know if it helped that I met most of the busy ones quite early so they weren't tired out yet. Although when we walked past at 5pm Brian Krause still had a big smile on his face.

And I finally got me a GDL photoshoot where he doesn't look evil - he looks a bit mad and almost as if he's caught mid-laugh instead (very possible, as he seemed bemused - but luckily not insulted - by my 'can you try not to look evil?' request...)

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Arrived bout midday and managed get most the guests I came for with Robert Englund being the only guest that I failed to see really wanted as by time I left he was up to 200 on the VQ tickets whilst mine was 308. Why was there a delay? Just the crewmember who was dishing out the VQ's for him and Rhys-Davies(i think) said there was a massive backlog (found the crew helpful throughout the day). Not sure if will be back for sunday to try again and get the one or two of the other guests. Give proper view on the guests met after i've had some sleep :blink:

Arrived bout midday and managed get most the guests I came for with Robert Englund being the only guest that I failed to see really wanted as by time I left he was up to 200 on the VQ tickets whilst mine was 308. Why was there a delay? Just the crewmember who was dishing out the VQ's for him and Rhys-Davies(i think) said there was a massive backlog (found the crew helpful throughout the day).

Robert and JRD both love to chat with their fans. So their lines always move quiete slowly, and sooner or later there's a backlog.

i never bother with posting boards but i regested for this to say a big thank you to Showmasters and the crews for the Collectormania event yesterday (28/11/09)

All the guests i got signed from were happy to engage in a bit of chat but by far my fav was Lisa Wilcox. She was friendly and really spent time on personalising my photo. What a fantastic guest and a really hot babe!!! :blink: Please book again!!!

I was really unsure about going due to the work on the underground but it was well worth the effort. Thank you again and keep up the good work.

I didn't really go to see anyone other than Misha Collins *lol* Didn't get any photos or autos as I've got everything I wanted from the people there, and I ended up having a very cheap day as there wasn't much I really wanted to buy (I could've bought stuff for the sake of it but I was very good!)

I really liked the venue - it was busy but I never felt claustrophobic or panicky, as I sometimes do in large crowds, and I had a very nice day (save the heart attack I almost had at the price of the drinks in the cafe *lol*)

The Misha/Julie talk was great, and really worth every penny. The free poster gift was a lovely surprise and am looking forward to hearing more about this proposed SPN con! :blink:

one thing not a complaint just an observation, the 2 queues in the morning, 1 for early bird prepaid and the other for on the door pay, SM let both lines go in at the same time, now the pay on the door queue was way smaller so alot of them got in before the ppl who paid in advance for early bird, that didnt seem right to me but like i said just an observation, both queues got in very fast so no problems there.

Yeah, there were comments in the pre-pay line about this. When we got to the door the 'on the day' line was already inside. Quite a few "What's the point in pre-booking"? comments.

Anyway....i like the venue, had a good day and i am completely knackered !

We get this every time at the events you have to pay to get into. Pre-booking your entry ticket does not entitle you to get in before the pay on the door people, you are both paying £10 for entry (the extra you pay when pre-booking is for postage) and so both queues are entitled to equal treatment. As it is, on both days the pre-booked queue was let in slightly earlier (a few seconds) than the pay on the door queue. If you don't think it's fair, don't pre-book. I never have and I got VQ tickets no. 4 and no. 7 for a couple of guests today.