Thoughts From Saturday

Count Fooku

Just got back home and it looks like no one else has put one of these up so I thought I would!

Seemed to be busy today without being manic, maybe the guests being spread around the venue helped in that there wasn't one main crowded area.

I have to admit I didn't go for millions of people today, film and TV wise I got signatures from Gary Kurtz and John Rhys Davies. JRD seemed to be in good form, chatting with everyone and writing decent messages on the photos. I didn't see Irene Lamb anywhere though, the list has her down for both days but it looked like all the Star Wars guests were sat together and there didn't seem to be a space or sign up for her.

For those that are interested it looked like Shannen Doherty was signing very quickly so I think if anyone is after seeing her tomorrow they should be OK, I left at about 11ish and she was around 300 already! All the other guests seemed to have sensible length queues if that makes sense.

The main reasons I went were the sports guests, in particular Jimmy Case who I had sign a couple of European Cup Final Programmes. Had a decent chat about Liverpool with him which is never a bad thing. Also met Alan Curbishley and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

I bought three art print type things from one of the dealers, two from The Godfather and one from Goodfellas, which were exactly what I was after so I was pleased with them.

Good day allround but I didn't need much from the day so I was easily pleased!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great day i had i was the first person to meet shannen doherty she was kind and thank me for coming to see her, she was sooo sexy!!. Ray Harryhausen was a nice chap i told him about clash of the titans and the sinbad films that i enjoyed when i was a kid. Thank you showmasters from Lee and Val.

just got back

completely shattered but I think not getting much sleep helped towards that lol

had photo shoots with chase, shannon and george

chase I have to say was amazing, beautiful but so nice as well, greeting EVERY person with a handshake and asking how they were, whats there name, thanking them, i froze a little lol, she asked about my height also, such a wonderful woman!

shannon was very polite and professional (she had loads of ppl queueing for her) and very sexy

george was very polite and smily, seemed very pleased to be there amongst the fans which was nice.

I thought it was well organized by SM, i think they used the space wisely. and they kept the photo queues very organized.

didnt get round to seeing robert llewelyn, every time i went past he wasnt there, right at the end he was but i was skint and knackered so ill have to catch him at another event hopefully.

bought some dvds, complete batman 60's tv show, not tried it yet hopefully its a decent copy. and a couple of cheap movies.

anna walton was mingling with the crowd walking around which was nice to see.

was his name charlie from eastenders, seemed a bit off to me, he barged through & almost knocked 2 dalek props over cos he couldnt be bothered to wait for the guys to move them to one side.

garath thomas was signing loads of autographs whith noone in his queue lol

Ive got my eye on a couple of things i might buy tomorrow ;-)

one thing not a complaint just an observation, the 2 queues in the morning, 1 for early bird prepaid and the other for on the door pay, SM let both lines go in at the same time, now the pay on the door queue was way smaller so alot of them got in before the ppl who paid in advance for early bird, that didnt seem right to me but like i said just an observation, both queues got in very fast so no problems there.

another excellent event showmasters, thankyou, looking forward to john barrowman tomorrow

Edited by timelord81r

I had a good time today, and I managed to get all of the autographs that I wanted today very quickly. All the guests were very nice, but I was disappointed that Kai's talk was moved, I couldn't be bothered to wait the extra hour so I went home.

What happened to Peter Firth? I thought I saw him there, and when I went to see his talk, the stewards told me that it was cancelled. What happened?

one thing not a complaint just an observation, the 2 queues in the morning, 1 for early bird prepaid and the other for on the door pay, SM let both lines go in at the same time, now the pay on the door queue was way smaller so alot of them got in before the ppl who paid in advance for early bird, that didnt seem right to me but like i said just an observation, both queues got in very fast so no problems there.

I was fairly near the front of the pre paid queue (not right at the front but close enough to be able to see the shutters going up) and to be fair they let quite a few of us in before the buy on the day people. Not sure how soon after the buy on the days got in but there was definately a delay before the second queue went in.

I was fairly near the front of the pre paid queue (not right at the front but close enough to be able to see the shutters going up) and to be fair they let quite a few of us in before the buy on the day people. Not sure how soon after the buy on the days got in but there was definately a delay before the second queue went in.

oh ok, i was near the back of the pre paid, well 3 quarters of the way back, just thought should of stood in the pay on the day line and blagged it at the door lol to be honest it made NO difference to me as Im not an autograph person but if i was and was going for VT's I might of been a bit miffed.

anyway great event, cant wait to see john tomorrow

It was only a matter of minutes.

I was in the Gold Pass lilne and we went in first. Then, once we were all in line, they let in the prepay line. After a few minutes, as I was moving away from collecting my pass, they let in the on the day line, so about 5 minutes in total I would say.

I'd like to know how busy Gareth David Lloyd was, and how busy people expect John Barrowman to be tomorrow :P

How long were the early birds queuing for today?

i got there at 8.20 ish and was in a little after 9, got in very fast once the doors opened which was good

I got there about 7.30 this morning which in reality was far too early, especially given how cold it was! It did get me a decent positon in the queue though.

Not sure how tomorrow is going to be, I'd assume Barrowman will make things much busier, for me tomorrow is going to be in, get Bruce Grobbelaar to sign some stuff and out again to get back home in time for the Merseyside derby!

Had a good time today!

Shannen and Brian's talk was very good. I really enjoyed that.

I thought Brian was lovely! Really chatty and had alot of time for everyone. Shannen was alot more friendly and chatty than I expected. Really enjoyed meeting her.

My only problem today was that because of train delays and the mess that was going on with the tube, I missed the Shannen Photo shoot :P absolutely gutted!! ;)

I had a good time today, and I managed to get all of the autographs that I wanted today very quickly. All the guests were very nice, but I was disappointed that Kai's talk was moved, I couldn't be bothered to wait the extra hour so I went home.

I think that Kai's talk was moved from 1pm to 2pm to avoid clashing with Gareth's photoshoot, which kicked off at 12.55pm. To run the talk at 1pm would have meant that many Torchwood fans would have had to miss a chunk of it.

Gareth joined Kai in the talk at 2pm. The talk area was about half full. It was an entertaining 40 minutes, with both actors on good form (and Gareth swearing like it was an Olympic sport). The balance of joking around and serious answers was spot on, I'd say. Kai invited everyone down to occupy the (sparsely populated) gold pass rows, so most people moved forward five minutes in. Naughty but nice. :D

As for the morning-entry situation, I arrived at the venue at about 7.45am, and there was a queue but not a particularly long one. Ticket holders were queuing on the left; the ticketless on the right.

My tip for tomorrow's attendees (of which I'll be one) is this: if you like a drop of Diet Coke, bring your own. The stuff being sold in the cafe today cost two quid a bottle and was flat, being just a couple of days off its sell-by date. I slurped it for the caffeine fix, but it was a bit yuk.

I'd like to know how busy Gareth David Lloyd was, and how busy people expect John Barrowman to be tomorrow :D

I was first in line for Gareth's autograph when he arrived and the stewards were controlling his queue very well, but there were a lot of people waiting to see him.

I expect tomorrow when John is there to be manic, and I really want his autograph as I missed out at Milton Keynes. (I had to go just as he got round to my number!)

I had fun, it was different then I expected! It was my first convention. The photo process is so quick, get in and get out....madness!

Anywho, I want to go to the Star Trek talk tomorrow, and that is all. It is at 1.30 so how much earlier do you think I need to go to get a ticket/get in? Thanks!

How busy were the Elm Street guests, out of curiosity?

From what I saw (didn't get them myself) they were very busy but it seemed to be moving swiftly! Maybe someone who did meet them can give you a better idea. I visited guests on both sides of them.

I was only planning on going on Sunday, so going to the show today was a very last minute thing. Glad I did though as I got to meet Billy Dee Williams fairly quickly. He was great and so were all the Show Masters Crew, but what was with the guy with Billy Dee? I assume he is some sort of agent, but talk about having an ego. He could learn some social skills from his client.

Didn't see Brain Close there. Did he have to cancel at short notice? Graham Gooch was nice to talk to and I saw lots of people at Jimmy Floyd's table.

The virtual queuing seemed to be working well and the traders looked to be doing a lot of business (wasn't there some talk of a recession?!).

Real looking forward to tomorrow, the rugby legends are what I'm looking forward too the most. But here is a really daft question. I totally forgot about the free Steve Blum autograph and only read the back of the program on the train home (yes I know, what a whopper!).

So I'm wondering if the offer for Steve is still available on Sunday? Great if it is, but if not, well it's my own silly fault. But I will not be missing out on the Johnny Nelson one (as long as I remember to read the back of the program :D ).

From what I saw (didn't get them myself) they were very busy but it seemed to be moving swiftly! Maybe someone who did meet them can give you a better idea. I visited guests on both sides of them.

We met the actresses of Nancy and Alice in NOES and wasn't too bad lisa wilcox we went straight to the desk and nancy we got a vq ticket and went for a look round come back half hour later and saw her they were both very polite and chatty.

Billy Dee seemed like he didn't wanna be there but charlie slater and george from george and mildred were really good as we didn't know were there. All the other guests were great and in good spirits.

The only complaint I have is that Garrick Hagon didn't have a day listed so we went today and he's only there tommorrow and nothing on the site.

We met the actresses of Nancy and Alice in NOES and wasn't too bad lisa wilcox we went straight to the desk and nancy we got a vq ticket and went for a look round come back half hour later and saw her they were both very polite and chatty.

Billy Dee seemed like he didn't wanna be there but charlie slater and george from george and mildred were really good as we didn't know were there. All the other guests were great and in good spirits.

The only complaint I have is that Garrick Hagon didn't have a day listed so we went today and he's only there tommorrow and nothing on the site.

[/quote

This has info

Guest Prices/Days, Photoshoots and Autographs (Updated 26th Novemeber)

"Garrick Hagon £15 Sun"

Edited by scruffy

Fantastic venue, better lighting than Earls Court for a start. The layout was brilliant as well, both levels being used to their full potential.

A shame about Derek Jacobi, but I look forward to seeing him at a future event. The guest line up was great. I particularly enjoyed meeting Rene Auberjonois and George Takei again, and Chase Masterson was really lovely.

Glad to see another event is scheduled for next year. This event was a real success!