BRING ECLIPSE FORWARD IN THE UK

tpepper4

http://twitition.com/ftlmc

Sign the petition!

considering there are 4 British actors in this film including the main star i think its terrible that we are one of the last countries to see it! especially since they took a premier away from us for New moon! as well as giving Madrid signings while we got knack all!

so please sign :)

I'm not sure I want a simultaneous release date with the US again. Yes I get that the sooner we see the movie the better, but the more of a lag there is between the two dates the more time there is for the cast to do promotional stuff. I would really like a UK premiere and a full run of TV appearance next time around rather than the lastminute.com fan party and scant TV appearances they scrambled together for New Moon.

I'm not sure I want a simultaneous release date with the US again. Yes I get that the sooner we see the movie the better, but the more of a lag there is between the two dates the more time there is for the cast to do promotional stuff. I would really like a UK premiere and a full run of TV appearance next time around rather than the lastminute.com fan party and scant TV appearances they scrambled together for New Moon.

mmm i get your point from that prespective actually...

but i think they should maybe just plan things a bit sooner rather then later aswell...like USA get a premiere days before release and we get one 1 or 2 days before release..

i just feel that it will be difficult to not see loadsa stuff that everyone else posts over the net..

but yeah i completely get what you mean! and the UK party was a bit unorganised (understatement)

When I originally saw this on IMDb I thought, well never mind it might give E1 more time for a premiere etc but, after a bit thought I got a bit annoyed because at the end of the day, Twilight is a worldwide phenomenon not just and American one.

Anyway, it might well be brought forward if the distributors pay attention to the record breaking box office figures. But forewarned is fore armed as they say. At least if we group together on this now they'll know how serious we are!

I've signed up to the twition but theres also a group on Facebook....

Petition E1 to bring forward UK release date!!!

A week after America isnt really THAT bad, at least its not like Twilight where it was like a month..

Tbh i think they probably put it a week later here so that they do have time to do an Eclipse premiere...

Because if they release at the same time as the do in America im pretty sure the premiere will just be there again..

And i reallly want to go to the Eclipse premiere lol

When I originally saw this on IMDb I thought, well never mind it might give E1 more time for a premiere etc but, after a bit thought I got a bit annoyed because at the end of the day, Twilight is a worldwide phenomenon not just and American one.

Anyway, it might well be brought forward if the distributors pay attention to the record breaking box office figures. But forewarned is fore armed as they say. At least if we group together on this now they'll know how serious we are!

I've signed up to the twition but theres also a group on Facebook....

Petition E1 to bring forward UK release date!!!

already done that one :)

welll why can't it be here first instead of the USA....like we get it a week earlier then them and we both have a premier?

there is actually one country that gets it before the US so they can't use the "well we made it so neerr" excuse...

The premiers are ALWAYS before the actual date anyway, this year it was on the 16th, they could've had one in the UK on the 18th.

I really don't care about publicity and stuff, I do however care about a whole week of spoilers all over the internet

The premiers are ALWAYS before the actual date anyway, this year it was on the 16th, they could've had one in the UK on the 18th.

I really don't care about publicity and stuff, I do however care about a whole week of spoilers all over the internet

Absolutely!! If anyone thinks back the year to when Twilight came out in the US, within days you could watch the whole movie on the internet! If you wanted to stay a Twilight 'virgin' you basically had to live in a bubble!! I think the reason the movie didn't do as well here as expected was because the majority of people had gotten fed up of waiting and watched it online. No, I'm standing by my right to be annoyed on this one. The date needs to be brought forward! :blink:

Absolutely!! If anyone thinks back the year to when Twilight came out in the US, within days you could watch the whole movie on the internet! If you wanted to stay a Twilight 'virgin' you basically had to live in a bubble!! I think the reason the movie didn't do as well here as expected was because the majority of people had gotten fed up of waiting and watched it online. No, I'm standing by my right to be annoyed on this one. The date needs to be brought forward! :blink:

thank you!

i think with twilight as well though, because people who hadn't read the books didn't know anything about it really, i think they wouldn't think anything of it in the UK because we'd been kept in the dark UNLESS the books had been read...

but now that there are sequels and people AREN'T in the dark anymore its only fair we all get it at the same time...

if that made ANY sense...haha!

It's almost as annoying as everywhere else getting Harry Potter first....it's our actors, our author..grr.

Just to annoy the pants off you on the HBP front, it's already out on DVD in just about every country in the world apart form the UK, US, Canada and Japan!!!

Thanks for all joining the Facebook group! The number of members are creeping up slowly.

It's almost as annoying as everywhere else getting Harry Potter first....it's our actors, our author..grr.

Just to annoy the pants off you on the HBP front, it's already out on DVD in just about every country in the world apart form the UK, US, Canada and Japan!!!

Thanks for all joining the Facebook group! The number of members are creeping up slowly.

ooooh it's youu that has the FB group???

Yep that's me lol!!!

Yep that's me lol!!!

aaah hii! :D

i also have this one for people who don't have twitter

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/Eclipseee

Release dates are always subject to change. It has always been that way. I am sure you guys are aware that they plan release dates for biggest impact. It could well be that others films are around at that time which could impact on initial figures. Yes, some people may see another film before the next Twilight film as it may be one they want to see more.

They may also have stuff planned for the release. It could work in the UK's favour in that major cast members may be available for a full on Premiere. In time things will become clearer.

The film may have British acting talent, but studios go where the money is. The UK market is small compared to some. Also, some smaller countries may get it before us, but that will once again be down to either what films are about at the time, and whether they are running press junkets or premieres.

As regards SPOILERS in the week before the UK release...just avoid the sites you know they will be on. It isn't that hard.

Edited by Will Jones

FACEBOOK avoid rofl

haha i know right!?

Like I said before...you cannot avoid the spoilers unless you live in a bubble on another planet! It really is that hard. Sorry but I have to use the internet on a daily basis apart from the fun aspect of twiltter and facebook, I recieve emails and you can bet some smart alec will send me spoilers. No, it's not doable...can't avoid....our 3 petitions need to stand!! By the way have we all signed all three?