New Moon: the film

Anto21

I have to say there seems to be a lot of people disappointed with it - which is sad that I have to one of them...

I feel it was like Taylor was being shoved down my throat - yes woo to him he has a 6 pack - but how shallow if that's what people care about instead of the eternal love between B/E and even the love between J/B.

See I'm only aware of yourself and 'teampaul' being disappointed not a single other person to I've spoken to has said otherwise lol

TBF the book is about taylor? I mean we got way more edward than we were meant to, afterall he's not really an appiration just a voice.

And it does say in the book that he's always without a top, so I don't think they did it just for people to go woo he has no top on.

For me Jacob has always been as big as character as edward, the point of the series isnt just bella and edward it's about the trials of falling in love and what not. I agree with Robert Pattinson that as much as I am team edward Jacob would be better for Bella.

New moon to me IS jacobs book and I actually didn't think they shoved it in your face that much.

Well said. :D

I know only one person that didn't like it, and he dont count, cause I dont think his point matters, lol.

But like you said and what I said, New Moon is more focusing on The Pack and Not Edward.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say there seems to be a lot of people disappointed with it - which is sad that I have to one of them...

I feel it was like Taylor was being shoved down my throat - yes woo to him he has a 6 pack - but how shallow if that's what people care about instead of the eternal love between B/E and even the love between J/B.

See I'm only aware of yourself and 'teampaul' being disappointed not a single other person to I've spoken to has said otherwise lol

TBF the book is about taylor? I mean we got way more edward than we were meant to, afterall he's not really an appiration just a voice.

And it does say in the book that he's always without a top, so I don't think they did it just for people to go woo he has no top on.

For me Jacob has always been as big as character as edward, the point of the series isnt just bella and edward it's about the trials of falling in love and what not. I agree with Robert Pattinson that as much as I am team edward Jacob would be better for Bella.

New moon to me IS jacobs book and I actually didn't think they shoved it in your face that much.

I wasn't meaning just one here - it's just I kinda in my own little way thought everyone or at least 95% would really like this film and I'm finding from online it's more - 66/33.

Yeah no it's more that I feel people are saying on like Twitter they're Team Jacob now JUST cos of his abs and that annoyed me as I felt people had/have forgotten the story...and hell I'm still a girl I don't object to topless males :yoda:

I'm seeing it again so maybe without my expcectations I will be more pleased?

Also I don't like the fact people are saying re-cast Rob I mean wtf?!

I'm looking forward to Eclipse now :D

Edited by Emelso

I wasn't meaning just one here - it's just I kinda in my own little way thought everyone or at least 95% would really like this film and I'm finding from online it's more - 66/33.

Yeah no it's more that I feel people are saying on like Twitter they're Team Jacob now JUST cos of his abs and that annoyed me as I felt people had/have forgotten the story...and hell I'm still a girl I don't object to topless males :yoda:

I'm seeing it again so maybe without my expcectations I will be more pleased?

Also I don't like the fact people are saying re-cast Rob I mean wtf?!

I'm looking forward to Eclipse now :D

OMG----Rob played Edward just as good as in the first film...So I dont no what people are thinking off.

I think they really rushed the Volterra scene. Not so much when they were inside but the bit leading up and what followed. It would have been nice if they had included the flight home and how she thinks its all a dream and still believes that he doesn't want her.

Also I thought the 'dear alice' emails where a little cheesy...but i understand they needed something like that to explain what Bella was going through.

They are just two little things though! I am doing very well, wait till I have watched again later lol.

But yes, I am in love all over again <3

I thought it was amazing, it shocked me how they decided to end it, love it though.

Really annoyed they didnt put the 'Before you bella...' speech in.

And also edwards 'story' ( how he was changed)

I dont think people are turning team Jacob after the films just cause of the abs, Taylor did an amzing job of portraying Jacobs emotions, my heart broke for him. I dont know how any of the Jacob haters could, if they do, still hate him. (Im team switzerland btw). So yeah thought taylor did an amazing job, as did the rest of the cast :)

xx

See...i prefer the way this one was shot and everything... it was more eerie...

and i loved it!

i hated the book when i first read it but learned to love it, but for me twilight will always be my fave book...thats where it started and everything happened...

thoguh the movie missed out VITAL points in twilight and i think they got together TOO quick..it was like "we shouldn't be friends...actually i wanna be with you" where i think it should have been more gradual like in new moon where a time passed...it didn't in twilight...

but i think new moon covered all the vital points in the book, and it stayed as close to the book as possible...

i think the bits i wanted to see that got misssed out in new moon where very minor...

but i actually loved it! :D

Btw just a random thought but in Volterra did anyone else get really confused how Edward and Bella were suddenly inside? I felt like I'd blacked out for a sec lol!

Yeah i found the whole thing rather choppy. See my thing is, unlike twilight they kept alot of the book in, but it resulted in some rather short scenes meaning it missed some passion and depth and loads of emotion. like voturi scene for example... untill edward was actually slammed to the ground it didnt create a sense of omg they are in danger if that makes sense?? And like u sed it was all running to save him, then all of a sudden they are in a hallway or something.

I have to say i know one other person personally who wasnt pleased. Im an outcast now haha But then i think this was my fave book so i maybe nothing wud have lived up to my expectations. I think most people will feel a degree of that with their fave book tho.

But i have to say not alot of people are actually raving about this film, its good or ok seems to be the most common response, not exactly film of the year stuff if that makes sense? Im going to see it on sunday again. Now i know what to expect fingers crossed ill learn to luv it.

I thought it was amazing, it shocked me how they decided to end it, love it though.

I dont think people are turning team Jacob after the films just cause of the abs, Taylor did an amzing job of portraying Jacobs emotions, my heart broke for him. I dont know how any of the Jacob haters could, if they do, still hate him. (Im team switzerland btw). So yeah thought taylor did an amazing job, as did the rest of the cast :)

xx

I have to agree with that, i really cant fault taylor. His scenes and the wolf packs were very good. Taylor played jacob just how i pictured him when reading the book.

I love love loved it, I don't see how anybody can fault Kristen's acting ever again, she blew me away.

Obviously things have to be cut and changed but I was gutted alot of the travel chat was cut going and coming back from Italy.

CGI was impecable and the direction and camera moves were outstanding. I loved it, I hope Chris comes back to do Breaking Dawn

Can I be honest and say I prefered Twilight?

I mean I thought it was AWESOME but I didn't get into it like I did Twilight.

Kristen blew me away - I mean I love her but she even surpassed my expectations.

Rob was awesome but I felt let down by the portrayal of Edward in this...not by Rob btw just maybe script and direction.

Michael Sheen I love you - all I can say.

and Taylor was good and that's coming from a Team Edward girl.

But I just felt it didn't flow - moved too quick and the music didn't edit in right...but I dunno maybe will be better 2nd...or 7th viewing?

I cried 10 time - the shame haha!

I hope David Slade does me more proud...and I now 100% want Catherine back for BD.

Yeah i have to agree, i came out disapointed. It really did lack emotion, only characters that showed any was jacob and charlie. I didnt cry once, didnt even well up and i cried loads when i read the book.

The music was just thrown in any old where and completely over powered some key moments, i cundt help but think turn that bloody music down or even better off lol

edward did not look hot in the begining at all, i dunno why tho, cant put my finger on it.

the only bits i enjoyed was the wolf pack scenes they were very good. The wolves looked amazing!!! And yes before someone else points it out, i know i only like the bits where i cant compare it to twilight lol

Michael sheen was very good as Aro i have to say.... wud have been so much better tho if alice didnt look bored in the background lol

Going to see it again sunday, hopefully the more i watch it the more i will learn to love it.

I have to agree, i did enjoy the film and I appreciate that it was alot to cram in but there were lots of bits missing that are in the book - I dont think it was as intense as it is in the book. I loved it - it was cleverly put together, but it was rushed and didnt give u time to feel the emotion, I went to the midnight viewing and have just been again. 2nd time was better, so i hope its gets better every time i watch it.

Best bits:

The film made me love Jacob, which I never expected and it had nothing to do with his nakedness.

The CGI amazed me, the wolves fighting... <3!

I loved the use of every soundtrack song. Especially Hearing Damage, Slow Life, Possibility and Shooting The Moon.

I loved the way the blank pages/month pages were incorporated. And just generally the way the whole movie was filmed and those little clever camera movements.

Billy Burke and Anna Kendrick were brilliant.

I LOVED the extra little scenes like seeing Edward after he calls Bella's house and the flash of Bella as a vampire. Which makes me wonder... I found this on Play: http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/121...et/Product.html Did Bella get given a Crest ring? Or was she wearing it in the future? I can't remember, but they must have gotta it from somewhere in the film for it to be a prop, right? I need to see it again!

I'm still not sure about the ending though, I'm surprised that so many people love it, it felt so abrupt? And just the whole general portrayal of Edward bothered me a bit but I can't work out why. Not the hallucinations, I loved those, but just the bit when he's back in Forks. Perhaps it is because they cut some of the emotion/the awesome speech towards at the end to fit in all the important parts of the book and it felt rushed. But it was much much much better than Twilight. Perhaps because really it IS Jacob's book that I just felt Edward and Bella's relationship had lost it's... sparkle. (No pun intended, but the sparkling was better!) Or it could just be that I'm suddenly so Team Werewolf that I'm seeing things wrongly.

Best bits:

The film made me love Jacob, which I never expected and it had nothing to do with his nakedness.

I loved the use of every soundtrack song. Especially Hearing Damage, Slow Life, Possibility and Shooting The Moon.

I loved the way the blank pages/month pages were incorporated. And just generally the way the whole movie was filmed and those little clever camera movements.

I LOVED the extra little scenes like seeing Edward after he calls Bella's house and the flash of Bella as a vampire. Which makes me wonder... I found this on Play: http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/121...et/Product.html Did Bella get given a Crest ring? Or was she wearing it in the future? I can't remember, but they must have gotta it from somewhere in the film for it to be a prop, right? I need to see it again!

I'm still not sure about the ending though, I'm surprised that so many people love it, it felt so abrupt? And just the whole general portrayal of Edward bothered me a bit but I can't work out why. Not the hallucinations, I loved those, but just the bit when he's back in Forks. Perhaps it is because they cut some of the emotion/the awesome speech towards at the end to fit in all the important parts of the book and it felt rushed. But it was much much much better than Twilight. Perhaps because really it IS Jacob's book that I just felt Edward and Bella's relationship had lost it's... sparkle. (No pun intended, but the sparkling was better!) Or it could just be that I'm suddenly so Team Werewolf that I'm seeing things wrongly.

ohh you make a very good point about the ring. Maybe thats what she was opening when she cut her finger? it looked jewlery box shaped. Well it certainly wasnt plane tickets lol maybe thats it?

Best bits:

ohh you make a very good point about the ring. Maybe thats what she was opening when she cut her finger? it looked jewlery box shaped. Well it certainly wasnt plane tickets lol maybe thats it?

Judging by what Carlisle and Esme were saying I assumed it was plane tickets. 'You've been looking kind of pale lately.' 'Just something to brighten your day.' I could be wrong! It'll drive me nuts though, the vampire vision would make most sense for her to have on. http://everglowmedia.net/gallery/displayim...-785&pos=34 Click the picture to make it bigger and you can kinda of see a ring shape on what would be her ring finger?

Was I the only one that laughed a bit at that Vampire vision scene?? I just thought it was really comical, but also quite beautiful at the same time.

I liked the abrupt ending too. It also made finding where to put the lights-up cue on the film very easy. I had to make two 35mm prints up of this film and it's always nice to have a very clear ending :smile:

Edited by mattman81

The scene where Aro watched Alice's vision of Bella and Edward in the woods after Bella becomes a vampire was a little funny, but I loved seeing Bella sparkle!

Seen the film twice yesterday can't wait for Eclipse next summer! I felt quite sorry for Jacob at times but I am still Team Edward all the way.

They really did rush the volturi scenes its such a shame :o

I just feel there was something missing in the film, and i hated that nearly every other character only had at the most 2 lines each which is such a shame for some of the best actors ;)

I will always and forever be Team Jacob :P <3 him forever and if he'd of given me those eyes at the end I'd of jibbed off edward in a heart beat ^_^

This film also made me hate Bella more than ever lol I always have but the leaning in for a kiss and telling him she loves him is it any wonder that Jake gets really bitter....Go Jake :thumbup:....for all you kristen lovers before ya jump down my throat, no im not critising Miss Kirstens performance so shut up ^_^

Omg i saw it yesterday ... it was amazing

It was sooo much better than Twilight

And Taylor really shocked me he was really good

So was Kristen

But omgg she made me hate Bella at the end lol..

And the end!! Jeeezz now i REALLY cant wait for Eclipse, that was a really good place to end it..lol everyone in the cinema was like What?!?! omggg!! lol

And i did not expect it to be that funny!!

I am going to see it again tomorrow loool :)

Btw just a random thought but in Volterra did anyone else get really confused how Edward and Bella were suddenly inside? I felt like I'd blacked out for a sec lol!

Yeah i found the whole thing rather choppy. See my thing is, unlike twilight they kept alot of the book in, but it resulted in some rather short scenes meaning it missed some passion and depth and loads of emotion. like voturi scene for example... untill edward was actually slammed to the ground it didnt create a sense of omg they are in danger if that makes sense?? And like u sed it was all running to save him, then all of a sudden they are in a hallway or something.

I have to say i know one other person personally who wasnt pleased. Im an outcast now haha But then i think this was my fave book so i maybe nothing wud have lived up to my expectations. I think most people will feel a degree of that with their fave book tho.

But i have to say not alot of people are actually raving about this film, its good or ok seems to be the most common response, not exactly film of the year stuff if that makes sense? Im going to see it on sunday again. Now i know what to expect fingers crossed ill learn to luv it.

xx

I have to agree with that, i really cant fault taylor. His scenes and the wolf packs were very good. Taylor played jacob just how i pictured him when reading the book.

:WINCE: personally, i think he did an award winning performance :) x

xx

:D personally, i think he did an award winning performance :) x

Yeah i agree, i really would like taylor to win awards to the same extent rob did after twilight. He was amazing and it should be recognised. He put soooo much into jacob (including the radical image change, how hot is he lol) :WINCE:

Was I the only one that laughed a bit at that Vampire vision scene?? I just thought it was really comical, but also quite beautiful at the same time.

I liked the abrupt ending too. It also made finding where to put the lights-up cue on the film very easy. I had to make two 35mm prints up of this film and it's always nice to have a very clear ending :WINCE:

O I laughted too---pretty loud---If thats how their guna dress Vamp Bella, My Dear God, please dont turn her!! Lmao