who do you regret not seeing?

timelord81r

This is my first year on the convention circuit, put it off foolishly for so long (seeing past guests makes me angry at myself lol)

LFCC 09 was my first and obviously funds stop me from seeing everyone I want to but I have big regrets not meeing jewel staite, danny john jules, chloe annete in particilar, kicking myself about jewel

good that danny has been announced for next year mk, fingers crossed for jewel and chloe

Agreeing with Laurenx, I don't know why but I didn't see, and wish I had

Milton Keynes 11 - Anthony Montgomery, Aron Eisenberg

Manchester 3 - David Nykl

Milton Keynes 15 - Nathon Fillion, Alice Krige

chloe annete in particilar, kicking myself about jewel
What were you thinking! Both are mandatory to meet! Chloe :thumbup: , Jewel :pyth::pyth:

chloe annete in particilar, kicking myself about jewel
What were you thinking! Both are mandatory to meet! Chloe :WINCE: , Jewel :YAHOO::WAVE:

tell me about it, well it was my first convention, and funds were/are tight, in the past id wandered through mk but not known how it works, various reasons meant i didnt look into it, but this year was working at earls court and all my colleagues hate this type of thing and and scifi ect and I love it so i worked the entire thing, saw the guests and got excited, got hooked once i looked into it and started chatting on here, one photo shoot led to another lol, with chloe i was like well i plan on going to BTL2 so ill see the dwarf ppl there (ironically this may not be the case now so im glad danny is announced for next year cm) and jewel i was thinking about but her time was changed and it then clashed with if memory serves michael shanks so as a big sg1 fan he got the nod, but i wish i had gone with her on the other day, really regret it now cos I love firefly and she is beautiful aswell, im hopeful they will both return as they have been to other sm cons prior looking on the sm website.

I can relate on so many levels there. I had a similar experience at C11 - my first event. Too many guests and not enough money!

Have a problem with BTL2 - Bernie has decided the British GP will on the same weekend. If Silverstone ever sign up. Sort of hoping not.

Shame London was your first event otherwise you would have known the photoshoots were possible. I had Eve Myles who overlapped with Jewel who then overlapped with Michael. Thankfully I knew that by mentioning this to the crew at the photoshoot areas they will put you near to the front as possible so that you can make the next shoot. Manic but fun.

Oh there is one downside to meeting Jewel and Chloe. After the first time you will find yourself meeting them every time they attend, like I have. Totally worth it :D

Edited by 1of2

I can relate on so many levels there. I had a similar experience at C11 - my first event. Too many guests and not enough money!

Have a problem with BTL2 - Bernie has decided the British GP will on the same weekend. If Silverstone ever sign up. Sort of hoping not.

Shame London was your first event otherwise you would have known the photoshoots were possible. I had Eve Myles who overlapped with Jewel who then overlapped with Michael. Thankfully I knew that by mentioning this to the crew at the photoshoot areas they will put you near to the front as possible so that you can make the next shoot. Manic but fun.

Oh there is one downside to meeting Jewel and Chloe. After the first time you will find yourself meeting them every time they attend, like I have. Totally worth it :poki:

I knew that some ppl do that and speak to the crew but i wasnt sure if it was ok to do so, also despite being 6ft6 tall and large build i dont like to make a fuss and push in front of ppl so not sure if i would do that, with jewel i had same issue, i did a shanks and mcgan shoot which were back to back and busy so i couldnt see any choice, i left shanks and walked straight into mcgan Que., hope she returns soon!!!!

There have been so many people that I have missed over the past 5 or so years. With 2010 markign my return to conventions and day events, I am in the process of listing all of those people that I have seen and those who I would like to see. All I need now is a wipe off white board for my office wall and a few pens to write it all up. :poki:

I knew that some ppl do that and speak to the crew but i wasnt sure if it was ok to do so, also despite being 6ft6 tall and large build i dont like to make a fuss and push in front of ppl so not sure if i would do that, with jewel i had same issue, i did a shanks and mcgan shoot which were back to back and busy so i couldnt see any choice, i left shanks and walked straight into mcgan Que., hope she returns soon!!!!

If you find yourself in a similar situation again then ask the crew. With the number of photo shoots this situation is bound to happen sometimes and they will help you where ever possble.

Don't ever feel guilty about jumping the queue as at the end of the day everyone that you 'push in' in front of will get their photo anyway. It's not like a 1hr book signing for example where possibly only the first 150 out of 300 will get a signature, People won't mind, regulars will probably figure it out, others will just be slightly confused. When I got moved to the front of Eve's queue the crew explained why to the people that I had just been put in front of. Then over at Jewels queue the crew were going along asking everyone if there was anyone who needed to get through quickly in time for Michaels shoot and bumping up those that did. At 6'6" I am surprised I didn't notice you as I was also in Paul McGanns photoshoot. I was just 'glad' that Ray Park cancelled as I had a shoot booked with him that was due to take place at a similar time as McGann's!

I expect Jewel will be back. She seems to always have a queue and appears to really enjoy meeting fans. People as well.

* Had to put that last comment as I had an image of Jewel with a queue of electric fans in front of her :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Pat Morita, I was too nervous to meet him and spent my money on meeting Chris Barrie instead. I've regreted it ever since, wish I'd got to shake his hand and tell him just how much I adored him in the Karate Kid films. :(

I missed him too - I had another commitment so I couldn't go to the show and hoped he would be back for a future event, but sadly it wasn't to be.

I most regret, that I not attend these cons/events, because I don't have any opportunity to travel back then.

Collectormania 14 - Jeff Cohen

Collectormania 13 - Charles Fleischer

Collectormania 12 - Kevin Sorbo, Stanislav Ianevski

Collectormania 11 - Brandon Routh, Michael Winslow

Collectormania 10 - David Wenham, Maggie Grace, Ian Somerhalder

Collectormania 9 - Alan Tudyk, Robert Pattinson, Corey Feldman, Warvick Davies

Collectormania 8 - Karen Allen, Paul Norell

Collectormania 7 - Alan Cumming, Bernard Hill, Bruce Spence, Kiran Shah, Sean Astin

Collectormania 6 - Verne Troyer, Royd Tolkien, Thomas Robins, Billy Boyd, Sala Baker

Collectormania 5 - Harry Sinclair, Craig Parker, Brad Dourif, Jed Brophy, Jack O'Halloran, Sarah Douglas, Clint Howard, Lawrence Makoare

Collectormania 4 - Elijah Wood, Andy Serkis, Dominic Monaghan, Toby Jones, Brent McIntyre

Collectormania 3 - Bruce Hopkins

London Film & Comic Con - Jorge Garcia

Eternal Twilight - Especially Peter Facinelli, Kellan Lutz, Ashley Greene, Rachelle Lefevre, Gil Birmingham