Exclusive group photo session with you and the guests in attendance

TRUKid

• Moderators

It's got nothing to do with me. However, I think it is fair, as no other event really got anything as a replacement.

That and the fact that the economy isn't as good as when these events started, yet ticket prices have stayed mostly steady etc, I don't think it's that unreasonable.

It's got nothing to do with me. However, I think it is fair, as no other event really got anything as a replacement.

That and the fact that the economy isn't as good as when these events started, yet ticket prices have stayed mostly steady etc, I don't think it's that unreasonable.

Sorry I wasn't having a go at you personally. The photo was a really special touch and I'm all deflated and sad that it won't be happening. Jason and Mark said due to its success they would be taking it 'up a level' but it seems to be going in a downward direction. :P

Sorry I wasn't having a go at you personally. The photo was a really special touch and I'm all deflated and sad that it won't be happening. Jason and Mark said due to its success they would be taking it 'up a level' but it seems to be going in a downward direction. :WINCE:

as far as i'm aware it was always planned to get rid of this after Hallowhedon. they got rid of it before hallowhedon but tickets had already been purchased so i don't think this has anything to do w/ taking it up a notch or not

• Moderators

I wasn't taking it personally, just saying I don't have anything to do with the running of the events themselves.

And yes, Charlie is right. This was always planned, and has been done at other events, but due to the timing of ticket sales, Hallowhedon attendees ended up being the last ones to get them included :WINCE:

Yes indeed, If you promise something and people buy it in the assumption that they will get it and you do not[/] specifically and clearly advertise (like you do for guest cancelations) that removing that event doesn't qualify you for a refund.... then people are legally entitled to a refund on grounds of not delivering the agreed goods/services.

hmmmz, I don't think that's legally defendable in every case, specially when it's an important part of what you buy (Gold Tickets only having a few extras with groupshot being a mayor one)

If an online bicycle store would say "details may vary, this does not qualify you for a refund" and they deliver only a frame instead of the full bike you ordered... They do have that covered in the T&C but it will still be ruled false advertising, see what I mean?

T&C like these would allow Showmasters to, for example, promise guests, shoots, autographs... and then only provide a Halloweenball, call it hallowhedon and keep the money for the tickets.

That's where customer protection laws come in, a canceled guest is bad, but defendable since it's probably not showmasters fault. Advertising a mayor unique selling point (i.e. groupshoot) for a certain ticket (i.e. gold) and knowingly not providing it is not.

What I'm trying to say is that the things T&C can "cover your ass for" (sorry, non-native lacking the vocabulary to say it propperly) is limited by laws protecting costumers from bait & switch (or bait and leave out in this case even) practices.

If you're not going to provide it, you're not allowed to advertise it, the legal and apropriate thing for SM to do here would be to clearly advertise that there was a mistake in putting up the program contents, stating groups shots are NOT included, send out a mailing to everyone who purchased gold to notify them, give refunds where requested and make sure everyone who's assuming it's still part of the program (for example those who read the website before, saved up money and then bought it without re-reading) know the contents have changed from that what was advertised via popup or highlighted text before completing the order.

Not only would that make the whole thing legal and keep them safe from being sued... It would also be a decent thing to do towards the customers (customer=king) and make for a better image of the company

p2p publicity being the most effective kind, specially in close (online fan) comunities.

</ law-geeking out >

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

The group photo shoot is no longer included with Hallowhedon 2 Gold Passes, as is the case with all our other events. It has slipped past on the website and that will be amended shortly, although our webmistress is offline for a few days and so it will be done upon her return.

Any Gold Pass Holders who have already bought their tickets can contact us on info@collectormania.com in the next week for a refund should this mean you no longer want the ticket.

Sorry that this slipped past. The group photo shoot has proved something difficult to get agreement on in the past from all guests attending and that is why we dropped it from our ticket packages on other events quite some time ago. It was still included on Hallowhedon 1 as we originally advertised the event with it a long time ago and most of the Gold tickets were bought before we changed the policy on it for the new events.

I hope that this clarifies things and apologise for any confusion it has caused.

Take care,

Mark

• Moderators

I guess to some extent it comes down to how important you consider the group shot to be as part of the gold programme - if you got that bike and all that was missing was the basket on the front, that's rather different than getting something with no wheels.

Gold tickets for the other events sold without a group photo for the last 9 months or whatever have still been selling out, so there must be enough people who consider the remaining extras to be important enough to shell out for it.

(I can't fully say for myself, as even WITH the group photo, the extras wouldn't be enough for me to pay the extra £60 on top of silver)