Just saw this http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/t...-cancelled.aspx

Bad times :(

Maurissa Tancharoen and Dichen Lachman confirmed on twitter.....So sad :D

MoTancharoen: Yes. Cancelled. Sad but true

Dichenlachman: Keep watching guys fox is still showing all 13

Dichenlachman: Feel sad though. Joss told us this morning

Joss Posted on Whedonesque:

"Hmm. Apparently my news is not news.

I don't have a lot to say. I'm extremely proud of the people I've worked with: my star, my staff, my cast, my crew. I feel the show is getting better pretty much every week, and I think you'll agree in the coming months. I'm grateful that we got to put it on, and then come back and put it on again.

I'm off to pursue internet ventures/binge drinking. Possibly that relaxation thing I've read so much about. By the time the last episode airs, you'll know what my next project is. But for now there's a lot of work still to be done, and disappointment to bear.

Thank you all for your support, your patience, your excellent adverts. See you again. -j. "

It's a really great show......stupid Fox!

Edited by Elspeth

OK this is proof that FOX are idiots, They had a great show with a built in fanbase and they put it in what's lovingly known as the Friday Night death Slot and are shocked when people don't watch? I bet if they moved it to tuesday (Or even aired it during November, apparently one of the best months for ratings in the states) then we'd have a full season order or at least a 3rd season.

DAMN YOU FOX!!!!!!!!!!!! Who there has it in for Joss so bad??? Their execs want stringing up I tell you!

All I can say to Joss is SCREW 'EM stick to the comics and the web stuff where you can do what you want and not have to deal with these stupid narrow minded corperate morons!

*and breathe*

I Hope they know they will go to "the special hell"

Edited by Captain Mal

• Moderators

The only plus side (other than its consequences as to possible availability of guests) is that at least Joss and the writing team know in advance how many episodes they have left - they're filming episode 11 atm, and they know they have 13, so they can maybe at least have the chance to bring it to some sort of proper ending.

Ok so done with the indignant screaming and such.

Next step we start pushing them for a dollhouse movie :P Well it worked last time...

Joss has already said that he intended to bring the series to some kind of conclusion at the end of season 2 so a movie is unlikely.

The blame for the shows cancellation must rest with Fox, forcing stand alone episodes at the beginning and to cancel a show before its finished.:headscratch: The best was still yet to come Alpha returning and seeing the attic and we still haven't seen Summer yet.

Dollhouse & Sarah Connor, It should be "the special kind of hell" for Fox now

At least we will see the remaining episodes and maybe see some of the cast at Hallowhedon 2.

Edited by Lestat

• Moderators

As much as I enjoy/ed the show, it was always fighting an uphill battle, and was very lucky to even get a second season.

People say there was a fanbase but the viewing figures were rubbish, and it wouldn't have succeeded any better on other nights. The truth is that it would've been destroyed against some of the competition, and if people wanted to watch it then they would have on Fridays.

The show was too complex, didn't appeal on a mass level, and was never going to be as big as Buffy/Angel unfortunately.

I don't think anyone can really blame the network for not hanging onto the show when it wasn't a critical success nor a huge ratings winner. What did it really have going for it? It's not like they didn't advertise it or give it a chance. In fact, the network were very good to Joss by giving the show a second season.

I understand people being annoyed, but saying it never got a chance is the complete opposite of the truth. Eliza may have been more marketable, but she was never the star of the show - that accolade regularly went to performances from Amy Acker and Enver Gjokaj - and I think with this and Tru Calling failing, she's going to struggle to be in a leading role in future.

Disappointing? Absolutely, but completely understandable. The Whedonverse fanbase might be hating on 'reality' shows and whatnot at the moment, but if you were in charge of a network then I think you'd want 20million+ viewers instead of less than 3m.

Nooooooooooo! Fox, I hope you burn in the "special hell!" Stop getting rid of my fave shows! At least we do stand more chance of seeing some over for Hallowhedon 2 now though. I feel sorry for Eliza, I hope she gets a break sometime as she deserves a show of her own to last for more than a season or two. Joss will be back with something bigger and better I'm sure!

Aaaargh. Can't believe it but not surprised. Can't understand FOX at all. They save Dollhouse at the expense of Sarah Connor, only to can it a few months later while still filming season 2. They just don't give

shows we love a chance. Hopefully, it will now sink in with Joss that HE and FOX should never work again on any project.

I think one of the problems is that Joss was too succesful too soon. Buffy and Angel were awesum. Huge shows watched all over the world that set a very high standard.

As Hallowhedon proved, the shows still have an enormous following. All the networks, FOX in particular, want an instant classic in the first few episodes that will rule the airwaves as Buffy did.

Firefly and Dollhouse showed all Joss' flair and creativity and the writing was of the standard we have come to expect from any show Joss is involved with.

I'm sure it won't be long till one of the many idea's in Joss' head get's picked up by a major studio other than FOX. I'm not even sure if FOX will want to work with Joss again judging by all their previous.

I feel so sorry for Eliza. She gets knocked back at every turn, but hopefully she has the strength of character to shrug off the disappointment and finally find a vehicle that she can really shine in.

As some others have mentioned, hopefully it will free up some Dollhouse stars, Eliza and Amy (hint hint) and maybe the man HIMSELF for Hallowhedon2, and then we can show them how truly they are appreciated

Did Fox fall asleep?

I just finished season 1 of Dollhouse on DVD last night, and was suitably blown away by it. Won't say anything more as nothings spoils a TV show like spoilers, but I felt kinda sad that I'd seen Epitaph One, which is one of the most amazing hours of TV I've ever seen, on the day that Fox cancelled it. Hopefully Joss will now move to a cable channel like HBO or Showtime or FX and get some decent backing for his amazing ideas. Watching the DVD extras, I really felt for him - it looked like the whole thing was just one long battle with the network. Maybe it's time for the Faith spin-off now, Joss!

Also, perhaps this might mean Joss himself can come to Hallowhedon 2?

ps Lestat, please don't post spoilers on the forum - some people don't watch shows in 'real time' and don't want to read up about forthcoming plot twists, so it's unfair to discuss what is going to happen. Here in the UK people don't have access to Season 2 yet, and we'd prefer not to know what's going to happen. Thanks.

As much as I enjoy/ed the show, it was always fighting an uphill battle, and was very lucky to even get a second season.

People say there was a fanbase but the viewing figures were rubbish, and it wouldn't have succeeded any better on other nights. The truth is that it would've been destroyed against some of the competition, and if people wanted to watch it then they would have on Fridays.

The show was too complex, didn't appeal on a mass level, and was never going to be as big as Buffy/Angel unfortunately.

I don't think anyone can really blame the network for not hanging onto the show when it wasn't a critical success nor a huge ratings winner. What did it really have going for it? It's not like they didn't advertise it or give it a chance. In fact, the network were very good to Joss by giving the show a second season.

I understand people being annoyed, but saying it never got a chance is the complete opposite of the truth. Eliza may have been more marketable, but she was never the star of the show - that accolade regularly went to performances from Amy Acker and Enver Gjokaj - and I think with this and Tru Calling failing, she's going to struggle to be in a leading role in future.

Disappointing? Absolutely, but completely understandable. The Whedonverse fanbase might be hating on 'reality' shows and whatnot at the moment, but if you were in charge of a network then I think you'd want 20million+ viewers instead of less than 3m.

Couldn't agree more tbh. I gave up on dollhouse season 2 ep 2, it just didn't capture me. I found myself not caring what happened to the characters. I guess it's difficult to like them when you don't know who they are...