Latest Guest Announcement

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

We are pleased to announce that, in conjunction with Mystery Women, we have some crime fiction authors attending the show who will be delighted to chat to fans and sign their books.’

In attendance we have:

Kate Stacey – signing her pitch black debut novel The Canary Thief

Suzette A Hill - creator of the flustered murderer the Reverend Francis Oughterard, and author of : A Load Of Old Bones, Bones In The Belfry & Bone Idle www.suzetteahill.co.uk

Jean Lock - the author of eleven non-fiction police/crime books, including two on Scotland Yard’s first detectives and the history of the British women police – a subject on which she is an authority. Her books include; Dead Centre, Dead Born & Death in Perspective. www.joanlock.co.uk

Linda Regan – having been known as an actress she now writes crime novels as well. Married to the actor Brian Murphy (also attending with her), her stories feature DI Banham and Sergeant Alison Grainger, and are based around theatrical settings (Something she knows well, having wanted to murder a few people in her career). www.lindareganonline.co.uk

Alison Joseph – the best selling writer of the Sister Agnes novels, who first appeared with the publication of Sacred Hearts in 1994. This was followed by The Hour of Our Death (1995), The Quick and the Dead (1996), A Dark and Sinful Death (1997), The Dying Light (1999), The Night Watch (2000), Darkening Sky (2004), Shadow of Death (2007) and most recently A Violent Act (2008). Alison also writes plays for Radio 4. www.alisonjoseph.com

Lesley Horton - writes police procedurals which feature DCI John Handford and DI Khalid Ali. The first, Snares of Guilt was published in 2002. Her latest books are The Hollow Core & Twisted Tracks. Lesley Horton is also a former Chair of the Crime Writers Association. www.lesleyhorton.co.uk

Zoe Sharp - Zoë wrote her first novel when she was fifteen, but her professional writing career took off in 2001 with the publication of the first Charlie Fox book - Killer Instinct . This was followed by Riot Act (2002) and Hard Knocks (2003). Charlie Fox next found herself in Florida in the breakneck thriller First Drop, first published in the UK (2004) and by her American publishers, St Martin's Press, in September 2005. First Drop was nominated for a Barry Award for Best British Crime Novel http://www.zoesharp.com

Frances Brody - is the (Frances McNeil) crime pseudonym. Her main character, Kate Shackleton, based in the surprising and suspenseful 1920s, starts with DYING IN THE WOOL, publication date 1 October 2009.Look out for A MEDAL FOR MURDER, Autumn 2010. www.frances-brody.com

Debi Alper – will be chatting about and signing her latest book Trading Tatiana. www.debialper.co.uk

Leigh Russell – will be signing her latest novel Cut Short

The Mystery Women website is www.mysterywomen.co.uk

I love the idea of having more authors attending.

But if I read correctly Brian Murphy is also attending.

Does that mean he will be signing as well?

I was hoping and wondering the same thing. I'm a massive fan of Brian Murphy - and never had the chance to meet him. Any chance of clarifying whether Brian will be signing whilst there?

Edited by keithporter23

Hi

Glad that people are excited by this :smile:

Brian is coming along to support his wife Linda and is not an official guest. However, I will ask him about signing and let you know.

If you have your own books, bring them along for signing or the authors and a bookshop - Partners in Crime - will be selling them - yes at RRP.

Mystery Women mostly focuses on female crime fiction writers, although we do have some men :P and Martina Cole doesn't really fall into that genre. However, she would be welcome to join!

Going forward, it is hoped that other writers and not just those from Mystery Women will be attending these shows - so you never know :angry: .

Kirstie

(One of the) Mystery Women

Mystery Women mostly focuses on female crime fiction writers, although we do have some men :smile: and Martina Cole doesn't really fall into that genre. However, she would be welcome to join!

Maureen O'Brien might be a good name to add if she's in the country, she did a Dr Who event a few months ago.

Mystery Women mostly focuses on female crime fiction writers, although we do have some men :P and Martina Cole doesn't really fall into that genre. However, she would be welcome to join!

Maureen O'Brien might be a good name to add if she's in the country, she did a Dr Who event a few months ago.

Yes we are hoping she will be there too :D .

We're just confirming final names and schedules right now and I will start to post Bio's and the times when everyone will be available.

Are people interested in Q&A panels? If so we'll try to put some on.

Kirstie

Mystery Women

Edited by kel

Are they going to be selling books at the show?

I'm a wannabe writer so I would be very interested.

They will be selling books, plus the bookshop as Keith quoted for you!

The people there will be really happy to talk to you about this as several of the MW are also writers, some small publishing and others yet to be. Sara - one of the ladies who'll be looking after things, is just having her first book published in ebook format. Its in the Horror gernre and there are lost of wrinting groups around they can recommend you too :rolleyes:

We wanted to do some structured Q&A sessions and a writing workshop but due to time constraints and this being the first time we've tried it, we decided to keep it small.

If it works out and Jason is willing to let us do so again, we'll certainly look at that next time. We already have various authors asking about it - so please come and support us!

Kirstie

Great stuff :)

Am only going to be at the event Saturday morning though so am crossing my fingers waiting for the schedule.

Most of the authors will be there Saturday :angel:

I have the details and will be posting ASAP - just had a few internet issues with the storm!

Kirstie