General Rambling

dragonsanddaffodils

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just put this as nicely as possible and is aimed to everyone. If you want to be treated like adults then please start acting like them. There always seems to be some form of bitching somewhere on this forum/facebook/twitter whether it is aimed at showmasters or at other members. I appriciate everyone has opinions but when things are not so subtly being aimed at people it gets out of hand and ends up going from somewhere online to in real life. To be quite frank I've had enough of all the drama now its getting rediculous.

I have people apparently complaining to mods, and showmasters left, right and freaking centre over my friends and I who cosplay as the Cullens saying we're cliquey or leaving people out. If we are cliquey we do not mean to be we are friends outside of conventions as well as a family at conventions so yes our group is very close but we have no issue with any other cosplayers, con attendees etc. Every con I go to I hear about someone slating us as people as well as cosplayers. Seriously if you have any problems with any of us then just email us about it and get it out in the open rather than bitching about us none stop behind our backs.

35b6vsz.jpg

I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy...

SHE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE!

But for reals... i vote people be nice to each other! and if not then do it in private.... it cuts down on drama then and saves peoples feelings... every where in this fandom gets bitchy i see it all the freaking time... whether its fic authors that think they're better than everyone else or a person running a blog passing judgement on people they don't know... there's just no need for it at all, don't we all get enough stick as it is for only going to twilight conventions! there's no need to turn on each other

• Moderators

Yeah like that is ever going to happen though eh Rach. People prefer to spend their lives bitching about other people cause they clearly have nothing better to do

To be honest, putting something in the middle of a random topic on the forum isn't really gonna solve anything either.

I'd suggest people talk to each other directly if things need sorting out.

Yeah like that is ever going to happen though eh Rach. People prefer to spend their lives bitching about other people cause they clearly have nothing better to do

To be honest, putting something in the middle of a random topic on the forum isn't really gonna solve anything either.

I'd suggest people talk to each other directly if things need sorting out.

Ah but David here would be the issue. We have only been told by one moderator and then the odd people at conventions that this is what people are doing (reporting us that is) and we are never given the names of those people so to be honest we can't solve this by talking to the people. So guess thats why I put it here cause then those people might read it and realise we're adult enough to talk things through if they have an issue.

All we do when we go to conventions is want to go have fun with our friends and have a blast but there is always that same niggling feeling of who is going to tell us this time that someone has a problem with us.

If you know anyone who has a problem with us David then feel free to let me know and I'll happily email these people off of the forum

• Moderators

I guess it's tricky - some may have concerns and come to us but not want to be named, and simply want to be reassured that things will be ok. So we'll try to help as much as possible without breaking that trust and spitting out who it is etc. That isn't really our place. Obviously if people did want to talk to someone directly about any issue then that'd be up to them, but if they feel like they need mediation or something then no-one will be turned away.

I'm not aware of anything having been said recently but I assume something has if you're talking about it now.

I guess it's tricky - some may have concerns and come to us but not want to be named, and simply want to be reassured that things will be ok. So we'll try to help as much as possible without breaking that trust and spitting out who it is etc. That isn't really our place. Obviously if people did want to talk to someone directly about any issue then that'd be up to them, but if they feel like they need mediation or something then no-one will be turned away.

I'm not aware of anything having been said recently but I assume something has if you're talking about it now.

Well David would it be okay to ask that if anyone comes to you to please feel free to tell them that we're harmless enough to be spoken to and we'd prefer if they did so we can resolve the errors in our ways. They can feel free to email me anytime and when I can I will reply or if they prefer to speak at a convention where there is more of a crowd either is fine with me. Its just very frustrating as you can probably understand for people to be backstabbing all the time.

• Moderators

I don't see it as 'backstabbing' really - sometimes people just have concerns and want them addressed, and don't feel comfortable going to the source (so to speak). I can understand why some would want to feel safe about talking about certain situations, whatever they may be.

You know what it's like though - things get misinterpreted or whatever. For every person you may see as 'bitching' I'm sure someone else will see you or one of the other cosplayers or any other number of people as 'bitching' too. It's always going to be a tricky situation.

We are all different, and for that reason, get on with some people better than others.

But cant we all just be polite to each other? It is only common courtesy at the end of the day, you dont have to be best buds, but if people post about each other where others can see, then someone is bound to get hurt. My Nan always said if you dont have something nice to say, dont say anything at all. That works too doesnt it?

Misunderstandings happen too, a random comment in a forum can be taken personally when it might be nothing to do with any of us, we have all seen it blow up for no reason.

As David has said, we are here to help where we can, but sadly, not everybody gets on. Perhaps that is the time to just enjoy the con and perhaps not spend time with the person. You could still smile and say hi when you see each other. That could be the limit of your contact.

ET is such an amazing con, there are fantastic attendees that go there from all over too, so we all get to meet up in one place where it might be a little more difficult eg to meet a Scottish friend if you live in Cornwall, but ET (or indeed any of the cons) brings everyone together.

I cant wait to see everyone :thumbup:

ps Vicky needs to dress up as Spock so he ends up there.

I guess the best thing you can do is ignore them, cos, y'know..

2cdcuh5.jpg

:P Thats the program with the Emo monster with the long arms and the Bacteria!!!!! I watched it one day I couldnt sleep! It was so funny! They were singing "Bite bite bite.. NO NO NO! Munch Munch Munch ... YES YES YES " it made my week :D

Where do you get these pics? theyre epic!

DavidB: I've not really said anything up till now (Been too busy to get on here since last night) but I seriously doubt any other attendee of the cons gets as many people either bitching behind our backs or going to the staff about us when, as I'm sure most of you crew members will vouch, all we do is run around and have a good time with our friends at the con. I know there's a lot of us in my cosplay group and thus we attract a lot of attention but honestly sometimes I wonder exactly what we did wrong to make so many people dislike us. :thumbup: Some people dislike us as soon as they look at us, it seems. If people had a problem and wanted to contact any one of us we'd happily talk to them, but no one will ever come to us and that's even worse because we know we're upsetting people but don't know how. How can we ever rectify the situation if no one will tell us what's wrong so we can apologise and try to set things right? :YAHOO:

• Moderators

In the end, not everyone is going to get along.

I don't think anyone needs to be coming on here and posting cryptic messages when I'm pretty sure they must be influenced by something/someone. So people could be contacted directly, rather than dragging the whole section into it. It just causes it to flare up even further, meaning others get involved that don't know the full story etc, and there's even more problems caused.

I like to think NO ONE wants that kind of trouble around here. But the truth is that we as moderators can only do so much, and if there's personal issues/disagreements off-forum then it's really something we'd hope people would either deal with it, or avoid each other. It's a big enough world on here, and even at the con, and there's so many others people can interact with.

No one can please everyone.

David: If only we could just go to those people or send them messages, but we can't. We never find out WHO is saying these things about us, we just get it through the grapevine so to speak. And other people were posting passive aggressive messages (which I happen to know who they were aimed at) on this thread long before Sam got involved.

• Moderators

It doesn't really matter who said what and when, if there's someone you've identified as having said something you believe is unfair then of course you can contact them. Same with the other way round really.

Personally I've not seen anything on here that was directed towards you or any cosplayers, or else it would've been dealt with.

:( Thats the program with the Emo monster with the long arms and the Bacteria!!!!! I watched it one day I couldnt sleep! It was so funny! They were singing "Bite bite bite.. NO NO NO! Munch Munch Munch ... YES YES YES " it made my week :smile:

Where do you get these pics? theyre epic!

Omg Yo Gabba Gabba is awesome! Fave scene ever.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMUqM12W0i4 :D

I find them all on Tumblr heh :)

vxgd8z.gif

Hiiiii!!!! :WAVE:

Wow it feels like I've not been on in like forever! There were loads of pages to go through lol! Me not liking the negativity :( shame it's not a perfect world where everyone got on. Bring the happy back!

How has everyone been? I'm sorry to hear some of you have had bad news lately :( hope everything turns out ok!

Ohhh Felix has had kittens! Sorry to repeat myself as I know alot of you may have seen the tweets/statuses and pics lol they're so cute!

I have some bad news, there's a possibility that we won't be going to ET4 :( unless we win the lottery but I'd need to actually play the lottery for that.