Hallowhedon feedback thread

TRUKid

Guests running late at 9 am, now don't get me wrong I understand that sometimes things happen

and you will run late. The guests were staying at the Sheraton, same hotel as me, so if I can get up

and be at the Thistle for 9, shouldn't they? This just caused a back-up in the system and once my 9am

slot was late, I was late for everything else too :/

Some of them where *ahem* otherwise detained... :D

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. Also special mention to the girl running James auto queue on the Sunday for finding my auto ticket; saved me from having a slight heart attack.

Your Welcome - Just Glad I could help - the blood had kinda drained out of your face. xx

That might be an option. Though having to buy the pics extra might make some people shy away from getting the autograph altogether.

Might be easier if you had a selection to choose from like they did at the CM or with Kai Owen surprise visit at the Hub. You pay for the autograph (that is, if it isn't included like it was at HAllowhedon or if you want an extra one) and as walk up to the guest, you can pick a photo that you would like to have signed.

And I do agree that I rather would have had a different pic of beery!Leary. They had such a nice headshot in the booklet.

That's kinda what I meant - you buy a picture the price of which includes an autograph. Or you pay for an autograph and you can choose to have your own item signed a choose from a range of pics. Either way, every other event (SM or otherwise) that I have been to there have been a range of 10 x 8s available to get signed.

That's kinda what I meant - you buy a picture the price of which includes an autograph. Or you pay for an autograph and you can choose to have your own item signed a choose from a range of pics. Either way, every other event (SM or otherwise) that I have been to there have been a range of 10 x 8s available to get signed.

Other than Hub and HW I've only been to the collectormania before.

I guess it might also be a matter of space. You have more space to set up a picture-picking table at the CM that people can walk past on their way to the signing. The space at HW was rather limited as it was (with so many people lining up, combined with the slight disadvantageous location of the doors) so I guess things would have been even more cramped than they were.

Ah well... it's always a suggestion for following conventions.

Most of the time I tend to bring my own stuff to be signed.

The picture thing also goes for James and Nick, I might add (at least from my perspective). So it is a Buffy-con why pack in a pic that is about 10 years old?

Yeah the one I had of Nic was Season 1 and not very good. I went and bought a better one from the dealers room :)

I did the same thing - mine wasnt the best photo and sort out of focus, so I just went in and bought a new one...

And I agree with everyone about the range of pics available to choose, that's how it's been at every event I've gone - you buy an autograph go to the table with a guest and there're few pictures to choose from. And here we were sort of stuck with those they put in our registration pack. It wouldn't been that hard to organize it here tables were asigned to each guest and to put them out there and remove wouldn't take that much time...

Yeah the one I had of Nic was Season 1 and not very good. I went and bought a better one from the dealers room :)

I did the same thing - mine wasnt the best photo and sort out of focus, so I just went in and bought a new one...

And I agree with everyone about the range of pics available to choose, that's how it's been at every event I've gone - you buy an autograph go to the table with a guest and there're few pictures to choose from. And here we were sort of stuck with those they put in our registration pack. It wouldn't been that hard to organize it here tables were asigned to each guest and to put them out there and remove wouldn't take that much time...

I guess it would have still been the same season 1 out of focus pics tho...

Edited by deadrobot

I guess it would have still been the same season 1 out of focus pis tho...

well, maybe! but people got dif pics in their packs, so maybe i would've preferred another one...

well, maybe! but people got dif pics in their packs, so maybe i would've preferred another one...

Maybe you're just being a brat? :WAVE: lol

Maybe you're just being a brat? ;) lol

I know I got the same picture woes, ended up buying one in the dealers room as fast as I could, though none of the photo's they had seemed to be anything older than season 3, never even saw 1 patched up season 7 photo. A table full of photos to choose from surely wouldn't be that hard, after all there was room for a table full of James CDs and badges so if that got moved to the dealers room and replaced with the photo table it could work... or just beg the guest to turn up a little earlier than expected and take a con-specific photo, both are options

Also the guests will have their own more up to date publicity shots that they could send over to be printed up.

I think there would have been plenty of space to have a table set up either outside the hall before you go in or in the hall (maybe up on the stage) where photos could have been sold.

Something to consider for future events perhaps as an option for those who don't have a personal item to get signed.

Good: the con in general was fantastic. James was amazing for just turning up and the guests were really cool.

Bad: This is pretty specific to me but i bid on a Nick encounter at £45.00. when i checked later it stated that winning people had to pay £25.50, therefore obviously i should have been included on the board. there was a number very similar to mine. i was G17 and they had listed G117. so i went to query this with registration and was told that i was wrong and had not won, the woman i spoke to was very rude and would barely listen to what i had to say. I had to argue about this and involve 2 other members of the con crew before they agreed to bring the original bid sheet. Ticket number G117 hadn't even bid and the sheet clearly has a star next to my ticket number so they finally agreed to let me go into the encounter meaning i was late.

So much fun, but like everyone said, more to do in the day (screenings, contests, sing alongs, games, etc!)

Also, so what was up with Nick being drunk? I thought he was an alcoholic?

That's what alcoholics do! :)

seriously though, what counts as alcoholism in the states and what alcohlism is in the UK are two different things.

People go in rehab if they just had a wild night out that lasted a weekend in the states.

He didn't look like an alcoholic to me. Just a guy who likes a drink.