New Moon Soundtrack

reneeadamson09

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I didnt like it as much as the Twilight sooundtrack but after listening to it a few times I quite like it my favourite tracks are Death Cab For Cutie, Grizzly Bear and Alexandre Desplat the last track makes me cry don't ask me why but it sounds so sad and very similar to Bella's lullaby. Will be interesting to see where they are in the film a couple of them sound quite wolfy so will have to wait and see.

I've had it since it came out but have only recently gotten used to it. I didn't really like it at first but it's definitely grown on me...I really love Possibility and the New Moon meadow piece, it's so stunning <_< Would really love to learn to play that...If only I had the patience :blink:

I can't say if I prefer it to the Twilight soundtrack or not yet though because I don't know how well the soundtrack is going to fit the movie, but I can visualise some scenes from the book at least with some tracks playing over them, so I think that's a good sign.

Edited by _Chelsea_

you guys have made me more excited to listen to it with your different thoughts on the album but i will wait until ive seen the film. Im thinking of taking the day off work so i can catch up on my sleep from seeing the midnight showing and then maybe going to see it again during the day. Just need to get someone to come with me! lol

I've had it since it came out but have only recently gotten used to it. I didn't really like it at first but it's definitely grown on me...I really love Possibility and the New Moon meadow piece, it's so stunning :D Would really love to learn to play that...If only I had the patience :D

I can't say if I prefer it to the Twilight soundtrack or not yet though because I don't know how well the soundtrack is going to fit the movie, but I can visualise some scenes from the book at least with some tracks playing over them, so I think that's a good sign.

Kev said I should learn that. Would rather have the sheet music in front of me that sit down and spend time working it out though.

Didnt like Bellas Lullaby, sorry :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am starting to like most of the songs, it does take a few listens though. Like everyone else has said when you can associate a song with a scene you will probably enjoy it more.

I do not like "Possiblities" atall though.

My favourtie is def The Editors.

"Fix you" by Coldplay would have been good, and another one of my favourites for "New Moon" would have been "My Immortal" by Evanescence. It would have captured Bella's feelings so well after Edward leaves.

You used to captivate me

By your resonating life

Now I'm bound by the life you've left behind

Your face it haunts

My once pleasant dreams

Your voice it chased away

All the sanity in me

That song always send a shiver down my spine but I knew it wouldn't be on the soundtrack it would have been too obvious a choice.

well guys, tonight im going to the midnight showing and ive put the album on my ipod so i can listen to it on my way home. Im very very very excited right now! Ive been jumping around at work and doing crazy dances for most of the day!! lol

im really looking forward to listening to the album :P

So, the album..... I actually really like it! Its so different from the Twilight soundtrack but then the films are so different so its very fitting.

I really like Possibility and not just cos of the film. It all fits the mood im in at the moment. I also love the New Moon The Meadow at the end. I just love songs like that (my fav soundtrack are Pride&Prejudice and LOTR extended soundtrack).

I havent got a fav track yet so i'll have to keep listening to it! lol

whaaat? i can't believe it.

possibility is the best song on the soundtrack! it's beautiful, and the lyric is great. It really fits into the scene with Bella starring out through the window.

I can't listen to it without crying, though :D

Edited by djurgardare

Ive seen the film twice now and i get trying to remember where the Thom Yorke song is played. Is it when Bella gets on the bike with that guy or when she's in the school car park and she see's Edwars walking from his not shinny silver volvo?

I liked it first time listening to it, and the only way i will start to dislike Possibilities is if i listen to it way too much!! Saying that though i am listening to it all the time! Love it ladies!!! lol

Ive seen the film twice now and i get trying to remember where the Thom Yorke song is played. Is it when Bella gets on the bike with that guy or when she's in the school car park and she see's Edwars walking from his not shinny silver volvo?

i'm not a hundred percent sure, but i think it's when the wolfpack are chasing Victoria and when Bella is jumping off the cliff.

i'm not a hundred percent sure, but i think it's when the wolfpack are chasing Victoria and when Bella is jumping off the cliff.

Yeah it is.

I do not like "Possiblities" atall though.

The chorus has grown on me - it took a while!

My absolute favourite is Grizzly Bear - Slow Life. Has to be played at full volume :YAHOO:

Mum it's only grown on you because i'm always playing it in the car :poki: But slow life is great :dance: